• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
What are examples of just terrible games that have outstanding soundtracks. The first thing that comes to mind for me is Sonic O6

Just amazing

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
Last Remnant. I liked the combat too, even if you had to go out of your way to make it work, but everything else is gutter trash.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
With that title, this is going to be THE hot take thread.

Sonic 06 is a decent pick.

...OG Nier is not a terrible game by any definition and I will fight you all.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sonic 06 is literally the perfect example. The soundtrack quality versus the game quality. The gulph between them is insurmountable.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Rest in Peace, sweet prince. Wildstar goes from Trigun to Pirates of the Carribean to Deus Ex Machina. All trapped on a game that is now dead :(

Fun fact, I have the sheet music to this one.

Jeff Kurtenacker should be more known than he is. His range is impeccable and he did so much with Wildstar. I could list tracks for days.

The Dark Soul

Jan 2, 2020
MĂ©xico
I can't stand the battle system
Gacha mechanics in a single player game
Field skills
And, like you said, the designs

Pretty much the only thing I like about the game is the music
Exactly my thoughts. I really can't think of one positive thing to say about it besides music s:

The field skills were particularity frustrating for me, having to change my entire party every few minutes just to get pass something stupid was so irritating.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely adore Drakengard 3, but I'd be hard pressed to debate anyone that says it's a terrible game.

Soundtrack is stellar though.

Quinho

Dec 25, 2017
This topic from now on is forever protected from the "chrono cross" post.
Don't even start.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty much any Yoko Taro game

(I love them but I don't think they are good and the music is incredible)

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All the bad Sonic games lol. Lately this track from Shadow the Hedgehog has been stuck in my head.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
In addition to my previous post, a really bad game that utilized 3D glasses named Jim Powers had some gnarly tracks.

I didn't like this game growing up, but played it just to listen to the soundtrack.
The Batman Returns game on NES also had some memorable songs. The Terminator 2 game on NES had some banger tracks.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Drakengard 2 had no story involvement from Taro Yoko and it shows, but it has some bangers in there, albeit one of these is a remix from Drakengard 1.