• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Love this time of year, even if I always end up watching most of these on VOD

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I always love these weeks, but man, it's particularly welcome this time around. Glad to have this to tune into. (Until my sentimentality killed the stream lol)

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
BTW - how's the base PS4 version of Just Cause 3 these days? I loved JC2 back in the day, but I played it on PC... apparently the console version of 3 was almost unplayable? Wonder if it got fixed or it's still downright bad.

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
I keep getting that purple twitch screen too if I watch from GDQs website and I don't have an ad blocker installed. I don't get it if I go directly to twitch.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Totally forgot about this ... and thanks to my new job I'm actually off work the entire duration.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
BTW - how's the base PS4 version of Just Cause 3 these days? I loved JC2 back in the day, but I played it on PC... apparently the console version of 3 was almost unplayable? Wonder if it got fixed or it's still downright bad.

During the backwards compatibility tests, it was finally locked at 30 FPS on next gen, I can't imagine the base consoles are any different than launch. The DF videos showed it in the low 20s? Looked unplayable.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
During the backwards compatibility tests, it was finally locked at 30 FPS on next gen, I can't imagine the base consoles are any different than launch. The DF videos showed it in the low 20s? Looked unplayable.

thanks man! I'm not really averse to low framerates but if they can hamper your playthrough... then I try to avoid them.

Also, those Zero slashes in the MMX5 run, damn. Like a hot knife through butter.

Oh, and his name is DUFF MCWHALEN.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
God, Dynamo is such a loser. What a pointless character.
His existence is worth it just for his theme and this
Dead+x_3d9de1_6708134.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2017
Glad I'm on vacation for the whole week so that this year I can watch the whole even! Good runs/races so far, can't wait for Ori!

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm donating again solely because the commentator is avoiding using the GnR's names

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
This dude reading the donations is basically Casey Kasem and I am here for it.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Man, X5 is kind of an ugly game.

The Sigma levels look cool but the levels are overall kind of bland and I'm not big on the art style or sprites in a lot of places.

Still a really good game and the Wily nods were hype when I was kid. But I really prefer the art and sprites in the SNES trilogy.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
except for Duff McWhalen, of course. GOAT name.

BWO152Cd3Nv9RHQk8OownHlGjVE=.gif

Man, X5 is kind of an ugly game.

The Sigma levels look cool but the levels are overall kind of bland and I'm not big on the art style or sprites in a lot of places.

Still a really good game and the Wily nods were hype when I was kid. But I really prefer the art and sprites in the SNES trilogy.

The boss sprites are the biggest offenders to me. Look at how animated X4 bosses are like Jet Stingray and Frost Walrus are even in their stationary pose compared to X5's. Also look at how many X5 bosses "cheat" when it comes to movement by just jumping or taking the sprite and dragging it like you're organizing your desktop shortcuts. Hell, Pegasus doesn't even flap his wings.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
BWO152Cd3Nv9RHQk8OownHlGjVE=.gif

The boss sprites are the biggest offenders to me. Look at how animated X4 bosses are like Jet Stingray and Frost Walrus are even in their stationary pose compared to X5's. Also look at how many X5 bosses "cheat" when it comes to movement by just jumping or taking the sprite and dragging it like you're organizing your desktop shortcuts. Hell, Pegasus doesn't even flap his wings.

Exactly. I love how X4 looks but X5 and X6 feel off.

At least X5 is still a solid game, unlike X6.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Exactly. I love how X4 looks but X5 and X6 feel off.

At least X5 is still a solid game, unlike X6.
Still has a bunch of dumb things like Alia bothering you for chit chat in the middle of levels, the armor parts not being usable until fully completing one, the dumb count down system affecting levels of bosses which affects if you get normal parts, pure RNG if the cannon or ship destroys Eurasia, and the boss rush being so tedious with every boss being level 99 and their HP being so large because of that.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This is now a Mega Man X thread for the next half hour as no one seems to care about the Dragon Age run.

Still has a bunch of dumb things like Alia bothering you for chit chat in the middle of levels, the armor parts not being usable until fully completing one, the dumb count down system affecting levels of bosses which affects if you get normal parts, pure RNG if the cannon or ship destroys Eurasia, and the boss rush being so tedious with every boss being level 99 and their HP being so large because of that.

Yeah. Definitely not a great game but a solid one. The fact that it felt like a finale and had all the cool nods to the classic series gave it a boost.

I really hated what they did to the special armor system in X5 and X6.

And now, I rank:

X2 > X > X4 > X3 > X8 > X5 > X6 > X7

(I don't believe X2 > X is a popular opinion but I adore that game.)

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
And now, I rank:

X2 > X > X4 > X3 > X8 > X5 > X6 > X7

(I don't believe X2 > X is a popular opinion but I adore that game.)

This is basically my ranking as well. The only difference is that X might be first simply for its level changes based on what other levels you completed first. But you're right - there's something I like about X2 a lot that might just put it in first, depending on my mood.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a game, Ori. I'm counting on you guys to vote for Will of the Wisps when the GOTY thread shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.