• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Y'know guys, this event's been fun

idk why Weight of the World makin me feel a certain way, esp with the audience excitement
Granted I missed three days due to food poisoning, but what I have seen of this week has felt pretty darn special and I do think part of it is the event being 10 years old. Thinking of how far this event has come (remember when 1 million raised was a pipe dream?) and how it has brought people together, both running and donating, is honestly something to behold. I think that moment is a good representation of that which is why I agree with you.

I really need to play nier automata
Same.I gotta stop putting off buying it.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
That was cool but Uyama totally Jebaited everyone hyping it up LOL

not that I'm mad, 2.3m for charity is insane <3

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I feel like that should've been longer or maybe not such a big incentive. Impressive nonetheless and the money is going to a good cause so it's still cool.

bulletbill10

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
What would you guys add to make the next show even better?
Like the other two said, more dev commentary would be cool, either them being there or calling in. Personally, a big draw or me would be games being ran that haven't been seen before or much before as it is always nice to see new games show up. Also more creativity with races but they've gotten good at coming up with new things so I'm excited to see what they do.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
What would you guys add to make the next show even better?

Outside of individual runs (which aren't really a thing that GDQ can do much about), the only thing I would change is have more games that I personally "care" about beforehand =P

And after Clone Hero, maybe a rhythm game showcase "block", cos that was hype as hell. And I'd get rid of the long ass FF games, but I realise that's definitely a personal thing too.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
I honestly wouldn't mind seeing other rpgs show up for a change. And even Final Fantasy you only get maybe five entries that ever show up, with ones like 5 never being run at all.

spiel

Oct 28, 2017
I've always wondered how speedrunners find the most "efficient" language. Do they actually go through every translation, or does it just so happen that the runner discovers it while playing the game in their native language?

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've always wondered how speedrunners find the most "efficient" language. Do they actually go through every translation, or does it just so happen that the runner discovers it while playing the game in their native language?
Generally people in the community generally test and time all the languages.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Donations definitely slowed down after they passed $2.4 million but I think they'll still beat SGDQ19 by the end of the marathon.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'll never be able to unhear the fox/blue sphere connection now

5jO6BqU.gif

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Wtf!!! That fox lure to the skip is awesome. I shouldn't be surprised folks figured all this out so soon after a games release but here we are haha

x.f

Nov 1, 2017
This game continues to be the most charming thing ever, and I'm so happy with the rendition of The Ballad of the Wind Fish. I just wish they would fix the framerate issues :(

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I thought the ghost was female. It has those things on its head that look like hair buns and they made it pink in the remake.