• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aramon

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I never understand people dislike for Megaman 4.

I played it before MM3 and thought it was very good game. Really challenging game.

MM3 felt like cakewalk compared to MM4.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Chat is constantly going "SourPls" with each stage

That's the power of Rockman music

I played it before MM3 and thought it was very good game. Really challenging game.

4 had too many bullshit deaths. The enemies that pop out from a pit too late for me to react.

Enemies do too much damage

Cossacks stages only having one checkpoint suuuucked

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
2 > 3 > 11 > 9 > 10 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 4 > 8 > & Bass > 1

See, I was trying to leave out 10 and 11 as it's been a bit. But I'll try.

2 > 5 > 3 > 11 > 10 > 8 > 7 > 4 > 6 > MM&B > 1

11 and 10 might realistically be higher but it's been a while.

Honestly, I don't think there is a single bad classic game, unlike the X series which possibly has a higher high than the classic series but also at least one game that is arguably the worst mainline Mega Man game ever released.

Which means I'll be ranking that too.

X2 > X1 > X4 > X8 > X3 > X5 > X6 > X7

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Oh damn does this pin look so cool. I might actually get it lol.

AGDQ20_10thann_lapel_main_8cb7a7cf-a927-4797-b71b-4cac1cbcd405_1024x1024.png

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
Finally someone that loves 4 as much as I do (4 and 9 are my faves). Would put 3 higher though :P

2 had a gimmick heavy fundamental light stage design.
3 had a fundamental heavy gimmick light stage design.
4 had a more balanced approach to stage design.

That's generally how I felt when I replayed all the games last year.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Very excited for Mega Man 5.

Ranking time.

2 > 5 > 3 > 4 > 6 > 1
2 > 6 > 3 > 4 = 5 > 1

Though really, they're all fantastic. Even 1, it's just a bit more dated. I think 6 is a bit underrated. The Rush transformation are great, levels are really varied, and I think it has the best difficulty curve out of the bunch.

For X

X > X2 > X4 > X3 > X8 > X5 > X7 > X6

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
2 > 6 > 3 > 4 = 5 > 1

Though really, they're all fantastic. Even 1, it's just a bit more dated. I think 6 is a bit underrated. The Rush transformation are great, levels are really varied, and I think it has the best difficulty curve out of the bunch.

For X

X > X2 > X4 > X3 > X8 > X5 > X7 > X6

I gotta ask: why X7 over X6?

Both are bad but X7 is nearly unplayable in some parts for me.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta ask: why X7 over X6?

Both are bad but X7 is nearly unplayable in some parts for me.
Because X7 tried something new and failed where as X6 dropped the ball so hard with an established and working formula. I can somewhat respect trying to push the series forward and misguided innovation.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"I'm building a factory and I need the biggest motorcycle helmet you have...

No, that's too big"

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Watching the Mega Man speedrun has got me itching to replay the series. Which platform has the best legacy collection at this point? I lost track of which ones have terrible input lag and which ones are fine.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Getting that Mr X stage 1 shortcut was the bane of my existence as a kid

Edit: jeez, Team Mr X had a rough time

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why but I just had to laugh really hard when someone in the audience yelled "OH MY GOD IT'S DR. WILY. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD".

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Why did that one team in the blue get up and turn towards the crowd?
I wasnt paying attention

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mr X feels like a piss take after 4 & 5. Like they needed an excuse for a 2nd castle in 6 so they just gave Wily sunglasses and a beard and hoped players wouldn't notice how paper thin that disguise is.

Why did that one team in the blue get up and turn towards the crowd?
I wasnt paying attention
They took off their shirts to reveal they're actually Team Wily.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the Mega Man speedrun has got me itching to replay the series. Which platform has the best legacy collection at this point? I lost track of which ones have terrible input lag and which ones are fine.
The x collection is a input lag travesty everywhere.

The regular legacy though, I heard to steer clear of the Nintendo versions, more bugs and glitches there unless they finally got their patches

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Mega Man 4 feels unpolished to me, when compared to others in the series. The small things, like how screen transitions take forever, health bars take forever to fill, and also how when you make some jumps off the right of the screen to transition to the next one, you'll die because you'll run into spikes you didn't see before the screen transition. (That part is hard to explain without a .gif, but it's clearly a mistake they would have caught with a little more play testing...)

I don't dislike the game (I love all the Mega Man classic series), but it's definitely one of my least favorite ones.

StormEagle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Awful block is my favorite block each year, always so much fun watching these runs and the shenanigans