• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Between Terraria, shitlord FF8 runner and Cybernator, this has been a bit of a cursed 24 hours.

Luckily, the first and last seemed to take in their stride.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
A lot of things went wrong, and the runner got flustered and made some routing errors and they had to call it early because he was going to be so over the time, but he was so dang delightful through the whole thing that it's still worth watching.

oh, damn shame. Terraria's not really my kind of game so I just watched a bit early then switched off, never would've guessed that ended up happening!

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
congratulations to Lrock and Puzzlepea for pulling off an actually passable music segment at a GDQ :P

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
what happened with Terraria?

The Terraria runner got screwed by RNG and had no back up strats. At one point he settled in to wait 15 minutes for the day night cycle to switch to night before someone bailed him out by someone opening a lobby he could join. He himself was pretty great though.

Last edited:

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
what happened with Terraria?
It's absolutely worth watching because the runner was that dang entertaining, but he got screwed by RNG and it spiralled.

What happened during the FF8 run? I missed most of it so I was planning on watching the recording.

As far as I'm aware, nothing during the actual run itself, fortunately, but one of the runners' Twitter makes him seem like an edgy arse at best, and the type you'd expect the GDQ folks to have noticed beforehand (for what's it's worth, I just consider it an odd oversight and nothing more malicious on their part than that).

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
As others have said, it's def worth a watch. I caught the VOD earlier and found it really heart-warming. Instant fan of Badger, and I have little interest in Terraria.
The Terraria runner got screwed by RNG and had no back up strats. At one point he settled in to wait 15 minutes for the day night cycle to switch to night before someone bailed him out by opening a lobby he could join. He himself was pretty great though.

thanks to you both and BrightLightLava for explaining what happened! :)

Last edited:

Brashnir

Oct 25, 2017
Don't nofunallowed me :(

This shit just isn't funny

jwwYgBo.jpg

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
monkeyball is always so great

gdq should be only monkey ball the time

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up on the thread. Shame about the FFVIII run.

Glad it helped take out the trash with a few posters here though.
The unspoken thing about the ffviii run is that, on top of the stuff with the one runner, not only did it go way over estimate, that estimate already had been adjusted to be longer from their original proposed estimate. Had the gdq staff not reconsidered the submission after finding a small discrepancy in proof submitted by the runners, the run may have ended up coming in over 40 minutes over.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Oh no, is this the version with ONE song.

Oh good it not. That the PS2/GC release bundled with one of the other Turtle games.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Mushi Futari coming up. Prepare yourself for so many bullets.

So many bullets.

IzjRTIR.png

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Always love when they have arcade games, even if the runner got unlucky and couldn't do 1cc.

Mushihime-sama is going to be great!