• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Shadow Dancer is awesome but man I was wincing remembering some of those later stages, cave+warehouse levels are no joke D:

Was satisfying to see them conqured with such good timing, gosh there was some pixel perfect stuff in there...

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I should play Shadow Dancer on MD

Until then time for the GOAT
DLZDhrzW0AAMRre.jpg

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Had to pop out to run a few errands and take care of some business, glad I didn't miss too much.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to wonder if they are going to be cancelling a bonus game at this point, because they keep adding a worrying amount of time to when the final run starts and the end of the whole marathon actually hits.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Running behind is a thing every year.
It is but it feels worse this year, though I imagine it stings a little harder for me because this is the year I'm actually getting to go and it's now starting to look like the marathon is going to end so late that I'm going to have to bail on seeing Super Metroid Impossibe if it gets any later.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Wait...what? I don't.....was that full frontal nudity in a Genesis game?
Yeah, I believe there was a revision of the game that addressed that. It's actually a pretty great game. I love the pre-Sonic Genesis games (I mean I love the post Sonic games too, but there certainly is a bit of a divide).

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Man, things are getting quite delayed huh? I noticed that the RE4 run is like 4 hours later than when it originally was.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Satan thinks so little of you that he can't even be bothered to get out of his throne to fight

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, things are getting quite delayed huh? I noticed that the RE4 run is like 4 hours later than when it originally was.
That's kind of always been a thing at these marathons. The schedule tends to flux a bit due to a combo of runs going under/over time and set ups taking longer than expected. It's possible it'll move back up a bit should things go mostly smoothly.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
That's kind of always been a thing at these marathons. The schedule tends to flux a bit due to a combo of runs going under/over time and set ups taking longer than expected. It's possible it'll move back up a bit should things go mostly smoothly.
Delays and fluctuations happen but it seems excessive this year. Mystic Defender came in under estimate by a few minutes and yet GnG still ended up starting a little late. This kind of stuff has been adding up and we haven't really seen time get subtracted.

Of course, right as I say this, they do start garfield early due to GnG ending early.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Any outstanding run so far? The Fallout-anthology run was probably the best I've caught so far. Anything else?

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but it seems to be more delayed than usual this time.
Delays and fluctuations happen but it seems excessive this year. Mystic Defender came in under estimate by a few minutes and yet GnG still ended up starting a little late. This kind of stuff has been adding up and we haven't really seen time get subtracted.

Of course, right as I say this, they do start garfield early due to GnG ending early.
Fair enough, I guess I'm mostly desensitized to it after years of watching so I just kind of accept it as part of how things run. Set ups have seemed a bit longer this year though.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any outstanding run so far? The Fallout-anthology run was probably the best I've caught so far. Anything else?
Best runs that I've seen so far:

Fallout Anthology
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! 2 players 1 controller blindfolded co-op
Mega Man 7
Terraria
Star Wars - Escape from Yavin 4: The Lost Maps
Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos race
Super Mario Bros. 3 race
The Mummy Demastered
Amid Evil
Hotline Miami
Hebereke