• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CloudCircus

Dec 9, 2017
This part where you have to find the captain in Balamb is so bad. I just did it yesterday and had to use a guide.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Man, it's been about 2 decades since I've played this game. I'm glad I'm watching this, at minimum, just for a story refresh.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
He's the one sitting on the left side of the couch for both runs.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification. I guess the only solace is here is that since he's barely talking he can't spout his nonsense. But I'm surprised GDQ didn't ban him considering I do remember people mentioning it last year.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the best option would be to ignore that guy? It seems like he's not saying much anyway.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame people are focusing on that idiot and not the run. I feel sorry for the other runners.
They did plan a run with this fellow likely full aware of his bigotry and support of fascism. They enabled giving him a platform to a wide audience, including impressionable youth. It's not within the spirit of this event.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
How has the run been? I'm gonna miss all of it due to sleep and work, gonna miss Eyes On Me 😭

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Shadow Dancer
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Mystic Defender
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Garfield: Caught in the Act
Contra: Hard Corps
Blazing Chrome
Cybernator

...one of those is not like the others xD

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Fair point. Well hopefully he won't have the chance to run a game again at a GDQ.
I mean don't get me wrong, it's overall a shame, and I was really looking forward to this run.
Shadow Dancer
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Mystic Defender
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Garfield: Caught in the Act
Contra: Hard Corps
Blazing Chrome
Cybernator

...one of those is not like the others xD
Shinobi III, right?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
They did plan a run with this fellow likely full aware of his bigotry and support of fascism. They enabled giving him a platform to a wide audience, including impressionable youth. It's not within the spirit of this event.

I think that's fair, just better he's staying silent then subtly trying to say stuff. Which considering he's silent will likely mean being overshadowed by the other talkative runners.

Edit: Ideally this will be their last GDQ. Still wondering how it got past them after last year.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Same runners as FF9 last year? That was a surprisingly good run so look forward to watching the first 6 hours of this one I missed later as well.

Triangulate

Oct 27, 2017
Man I'm watching the terraria vod and he fucked up big time
Progress is wall of flesh > mechs > plantera
Somehow he fucked up mechs by missing the time window, and he goes for plantera but it's well known she doesn't spawn until you kill all mechs.. and he realized that so late

Just strange
That's not what happened.

When it turned to day during the mechanicals and he couldn't kill them he swapped worlds and found a plantera bulb, but needed chlorophyte and couldn't mine it since he didn't have the hallowed pickaxe from the mechanicals.

He said he planned for everything except not having the pickaxe, which is such a marathon kind of thing to happen.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When it turned to day during the mechanicals and he couldn't kill them he swapped worlds and found a plantera bulb, but needed chlorophyte and couldn't mine it since he didn't have the hallowed pickaxe from the mechanicals.
Yeah I got a bit confused, but the gist of it is you need to kill mechs to do plantera pretty much.
The end of the run is also a complete trainwreck, I had to stop the VOD it was getting painful lol
The run planning wasn't super hot

Triangulate

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I got a bit confused, but the gist of it is you need to kill mechs to do plantera pretty much.
The end of the run is also a complete trainwreck, I had to stop the VOD it was getting painful lol
The run planning wasn't super hot
Yeah, kind of funny that after 3500 hours or whatever he's played, he didn't forget that you need to kill the mechanicals for plantera.. instead he forgot you need a hallow pickaxe for chlorophyte. Oops either way.

I'm still not sure why the cultists didn't spawn though. I'm assuming the world he swapped to hadn't killed skeletron for some reason since i think you need golem and skeletron for the cultists.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the cultists is because he's got a martian invasion? I saw a flying saucer at some point. Unless it was just a probe and the event would trigger the next day. I'm a bit dusty.