• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
... ff8 ?
Welp.. not watching today I guess

e: oh and one of the runners' nazi trash? Easy pass

Last edited:

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think that's mutually exclusive from how he presents himself. I think it's fair to say that Squall presents as edgy and emo but is a lot better than people think.
Eh, he doesn't really come off as edgy or emo, though. The whatevers surely don't help, but he makes the impression early on that he's a nice guy that cares about others but doesn't want to get hurt. The times he gets annoyed he's pretty justified (when he admonishes Quistis for abusing her job to ask him out on a date and when he gets mad at Rinoa's insane President kidnapping mission). He almost has a breakdown over what happens to Seifer on Disc 1.

People act like he has an out of nowhere personality change on Disc 3, but the game does a good job setting up his character.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Wow, being able to escape for free after you open a sub menu with atb wait because fleeing doesn't wait is quite the simple exploit. Wonder how many figured that out themselves just casually.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Seifer's friends are not comic relief dammit. They're reliable friends with personalities!

OIP.BzXf4PDlrhaearI3zigE8wHaEB

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I played the demo disc of this mission so many damn times. I love this shit.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Actually radio waves are light, just not visible light. You can transmit data with visible light. Considering that radio waves are blocked due to electromagnetic interference they probably jacked the satellite to transmit a much stronger signal.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
A Vox supporter too apparently. Spain was under a brutal fascist dictator as recent as 1975 and Vox is kinda signaling a return to that with the furthest right rhetoric I've seen in a modern major European political party.

Jeez, how the hell did this slip through their vetting process? It seems obvious from his Twitter. Looking through that Twitter thread someone brought up AGDQ employee (?) spikevegeta follows the shitbag so maybe he got a pass or something?

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

This is the third runner for FF8? Well that is really disappointing. Seems like a mistake for GDQ to book someone so exclusionary. And no, banning people who are intolerant isn't intolerance. I'm not interested in that nonsense.
You also don't have to scroll very far on Luzbelheim's Twitter to find a lot of stuff
Yeah, it's very obvious that this guy is just a modern right-wing reactionary bigot.
i know the speed running community is big and vast but i really wish GDQ would weed people like this out
They generally do a good job, and it's OK to make mistakes. I'm sure they'll learn and do better moving forwards.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not too late to kick that shitstain
Terraria was seeded ? Shame. Could have done a longer run unseeded.

Last edited:

Haelsly

Oct 25, 2017
When you have this guy as the secret administrator of the Garden, is it really that hard to believe?

latest

(Also at ten years old and on a bad TV, I absolutely thought their hats were their heads. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
When you have this guy as the secret administrator of the Garden, is it really that hard to believe?

latest

(Also at ten years old and on a bad TV, I absolutely thought their hats were their heads. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
You meet them way before Norg and have no reason to assume they're not human when you meet them. They also don't look like Norg or regular shumis. Plus you can see their heads even at low resolutions.

pEtJCu7.jpg
pm7r59i.jpg

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Sigh I had no idea about the dude, why shitty people have to ruin everything, stayed up all night long for this run now I lost all motivation to keep watching anymore
Fuck I feel so bad now
I know, it really took the wind out of my sails too. GDQ are generally good, if not great about these things, and it's OK for them to make mistakes. Watching is also supporting the charity, and not specifically this runner.

Having said that, I'm not sure if I'm going to watch it.

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
Caught Badger's run finally and it was a lot of fun! I still have no idea why Cultist wouldn't spawn or what even is the spawn command. I never messed around with that aspect of Terraria in the 500 hours or whatever I have in it. All that said, why did he have to randomly shit on other devs while being a billboard for Terraria? It just seemed unneeded but maybe he was just nervous.

Haelsly

Oct 25, 2017
You meet them way before Norg and have no reason to assume they're not human when you meet them. They also don't look like Norg or regular shumis. Plus you can see their heads even at low resolutions.

pEtJCu7.jpg
pm7r59i.jpg
Fair points all. But there's also just enough shadow over their faces for them not to be clear and you can see next to nothing of human features under the robes they're wearing. From a distance and at low resolution they didn't even register as faces. To my brain as a child it made perfect sense for them not to be human.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Fair points all. But there's also just enough shadow over their faces for them not to be clear and you can see next to nothing of human features under the robes they're wearing. From a distance and at low resolution they didn't even register as faces. To my brain as a child it made perfect sense for them not to be human.
I always saw them as hats, but I can see how people saw them as something else.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Here's to hoping that GDQ staff addresses the bigoted runner instead of sweeping this under the rug and pretending it didn't happen.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Kind of a huge oversight for GDQ to allow a runner on with shitty bigoted far-right views, and they're usually pretty good (albeit far from perfect) on this sort of thing.

Why does Spikevegeta follow this guy too?

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a huge oversight for GDQ to allow a runner on with shitty bigoted far-right views, and they're usually pretty good (albeit far from perfect) on this sort of thing.

Why does Spikevegeta follow this guy too?
Occam's razor explanation is that Spikevegeta follows people from the speedrun community. A lot of people use twitter as more of a contact aggregator instead of an active social media hub. Hopefully he doesn't agree with the runners' views.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm watching the terraria vod and he fucked up big time
Progress is wall of flesh > mechs > plantera
Somehow he fucked up mechs by missing the time window, and he goes for plantera but it's well known she doesn't spawn until you kill all mechs.. and he realized that so late

Just strange

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to watch some of the VODs while this FF8 run is happening. What are everyone's highlights so far? I heard good things about a Star Wars run, and I wanted to check out that Amid Evil and Mummy Demastered runs.
Man I'm watching the terraria vod and he fucked up big time
Progress is wall of flesh > mechs > plantera
Somehow he fucked up mechs by missing the time window, and he goes for plantera but it's well known she doesn't spawn until you kill all mechs.. and he realized that so late

Just strange
Nerves and anxiety can really fuck with you when doing it in front of such a large audience.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I get that. Watching later they started fucking with custom servers instead of just waiting lol, what a strange turn of events.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to watch some of the VODs while this FF8 run is happening. What are everyone's highlights so far? I heard good things about a Star Wars run, and I wanted to check out that Amid Evil and Mummy Demastered runs.

Nerves and anxiety can really fuck with you when doing it in front of such a large audience.
Fallout Anthology was great, make sure to catch that if you haven't already!

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

+1 to the Fallout Anthology, perfect mix of super good speedrunning techniques, commentary, fun runner and couch, gimmicks... So far my favourite run by far.

The Star Wars run is super fun as well, CovertMuffin is still the GOAT.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Fallout Anthology was great, make sure to catch that if you haven't already!
Oh, that is a great suggestion!

Cheers.
+1 to the Fallout Anthology, perfect mix of super good speedrunning techniques, commentary, fun runner and couch, gimmicks... So far my favourite run by far.
I'll chuck it on next.

I just finished the Eagle Island run as I only caught about half of it yesterday. The end of that is so wonderful, and heart-warming.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm deep into the Fallout: New Vegas run, great recommendation everyone. This has been just incredible so far. Love the runner and the couch.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Ninja Gaiden 2 is like few seconds from world record, it takes like 10 minutes and has Blechy doing the comments.
Unlike what the Hebereke guy thinks, you can't be more perfect than that xD