• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I'll check it out. I need to install the game on my PS5 and see how it runs.

Oct 25, 2017
I get the difficulties of working from home and I'm not blaming them at all for the long gestation time for getting content out...but with so many good games out and still to come, it's gonna be really hard to care about the Hawkeyes coming out...
I feel really awful for the developers. This game has been mismanaged to hell and back and they're the ones who have to bear the brunt of all the upper-level mistakes. I can only imagine how miserable it must be to have to give your all for this thankless, sinking ship.

That said, I have no interest in returning to The Avengers for a looong time. I probably won't check in again until the PS5 upgrade + Spider-Man drop (which hopefully will be concurrent). Until then though, this drip feed of B-tier characters without any significant mission-design improvements is nowhere near enough to get me excited.

Hopefully they can capitalize on the next-gen update and turn it into a soft relaunch. It would be great to have an exciting and fun Avengers GaaS for the next couple of years.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
EmotionalDaringErmine-size_restricted.gif

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool enough for die hards. Will take more to round out the package certainly but it appears they're on their way. We'll see if the season one talk pans out ie that there will be multiple. Here's hoping they can fix it -- more good games is always a positive

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Hawkeye Future Imperfect in early 2021. Different timeline when all went wrong.
And a certain Hulk. ;)

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
All right I'll come back for this. Looks real good and she looks super fun to play.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit they actually did an extensive show-off of Kate's kit. With their insistence on not doing the same for the base 6 I would've assumed they wouldn't bother. Nice.

And Slayven they're actually doing Future Imperfect. Like actually actually.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Clint's operation seems like the real shit.

I really need the next gen version of this game.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kate looks really fun to play. I've been out of this game for a while, but I'll dip back in to check her stuff out.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Kate looks fun. She has a lot more gameplay variety than I expected.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
They said "Kate's last mission will become an endgame activity for new gear"
maybe we get QUANTUM GEAR???

I havent booted this up on my PS5 yet, but it seems like this might actually be the next gen version? A lot of these gifs from this war table look like the assets are upgraded and whatnot.
It's just the PC version. It looks like that today.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
I'm thinking of downloading this on PS5, has anyone tried it out on a next gen console yet? How's the experience?

It runs great on PS5. I have yet to see any slowdown which was a HUGE issue on the PS4. Also, the load times are fast between missions. They'd be even faster if Jarvis would explain the mission faster. I find that as soon as he's done talking the mission starts. In missions where he doesn't talk, like for Helicarrier stuff, the mission loads almost instantly. Also, it might just be my aging eyes, but the textures seem better too. Maybe I'm just seeing things.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
It runs great on PS5. I have yet to see any slowdown which was a HUGE issue on the PS4. Also, the load times are fast between missions. They'd be even faster if Jarvis would explain the mission faster. I find that as soon as he's done talking the mission starts. In missions where he doesn't talk, like for Helicarrier stuff, the mission loads almost instantly. Also, it might just be my aging eyes, but the textures seem better too. Maybe I'm just seeing things.
Yep, the mission only starts when all dialogue in the quinjet is finished. so no matter what you will never load faster than the dialogue.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
I havent booted this up on my PS5 yet, but it seems like this might actually be the next gen version? A lot of these gifs from this war table look like the assets are upgraded and whatnot.

Or PC version.

Anyways, this game deserves so much better. Gameplay is fun as hell and the story campaign is pretty good...it just lacks content variety which hopefully gets addressed within the next few months.

Gonna try this on my PS5 soon.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't much to go on.

Unless this Dec.8th drop of Bishop is the start of a consistent post-release, there's not much to believe in.

Clint's been pushed back to 2021 and he was the first post-launch character we were told of.
I'll check it out. I need to install the game on my PS5 and see how it runs.
Loads faster and the performance mode seems to reach it's target of 60fps pretty consistently from the little bit I played.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I mean, they should.

They shouldn't be releasing on a day when another huge GaaS title is putting out an update that will overshadow theirs.
You really think they are in competition with anyone anymore? They aren't.
They just need to release content when they can, the time to think "oh no someone else is doing something there!" is past.
I mean, 2 days or so later is Cyberpunk or whatever so should they delay more? lol

This isn't much to go on.

Unless this Dec.8th drop of Bishop is the start of a consistent post-release, there's not much to believe in.

Clint's been pushed back to 2021 and he was the first post-launch character we were told of.

Loads faster and the performance mode seems to reach it's target of 60fps pretty consistently from the little bit I played.

Clint was never the first post launch hero. he was only the first to be shown. Kate was always gonna come first, we saw the "?" in the wartable in front of clints icon of release order.

basically their release was just delayed by 2 months now. Kate was gonna be october, is now december. Clint was gonna be November, is now January. Black Panther is probably gonna me March (MAYBE February?)
This is if they are back on their planned release track, which I'd say they are. The game is in a better state now and bugfixes are now something to work on along content, not before it as a priority