• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I think the shows are entirely skippable. When Kang is introduced in the film universe for example, it will be as if it was for the first time for sure. Way more people watch the movies than the shows.

Especially shit like Ms Marvel which had very lower viewership numbers. You almost have to reboot her in film form if she is to become a notable part of the movies because the vast majority will be like...what?

Shows will just be some extra shades for the super fans that watched them. Passive references. Even the new captain America film, it helps to know the personal struggle for the new cap that it showed in the tv show but ultimately you don't have to.

Hopefully that's the case going forward and they don't double down on intertwining the shows and the movies too much like WandaVision -> Multiverse of Madness, because I honestly feel that the shows are not up to par so far (mind you, I only watched up till Moon Knight). I don't want to be forced to watch every single show to understand the upcoming MCU movies tbh.

As a casual MCU watcher that doesn't know anything about the comics I loved the whole Infinity Saga (Phase 1-3). And I think a big reason for it was because it was way more focused in characters and story. In phase 1-3 we got 3 Iron Man movies, 3 Captain America movies, 3 Thor movies, 2 GotG movies, 2 Spiderman movies (heck even 2 Ant-Man movies now that I think about it) and then further appearances of them in the Avengers movies in-between. I felt like we got to explore the characters much more in-depth and see their growth throughout the whole Saga. Sure, we got some stand-alone heroes and their movies with Dr. Strange, Cap Marvel, Black Panther, but they were always presented more of side-characters helping the main cast.

Now with what I've seen so far of the upcoming movies, it feels like they just pump out a ton of single new characters with stand-alone movies without building a "main cast" so to speak? I'm really confused since people also seem to be saying that the old characters won't really be relevant anymore?

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Hopefully that's the case going forward and they don't double down on intertwining the shows and the movies too much like WandaVision -> Multiverse of Madness, because I honestly feel that the shows are not up to par so far (mind you, I only watched up till Moon Knight). I don't want to be forced to watch every single show to understand the upcoming MCU movies tbh.

Well the ending of Ms. Marvel leads directly into The Marvels, so...

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
He is but he looks too different from the comics Kang, imo.
In Loki yeah, but the Ant-Man poster shows he'll be much more comic accurate in that.
FYYsN3JVQAEECYg.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA

Yeah its not a very good "criticism" lol saying a black man's nose isn't right when he's cast to play a white character

....Uh not at all, very different faces. The worst thing about Majors Kang is that his expression is constantly ¨peaceful/wise¨ in every showing, he doesnt look like a threat at all.

Kang is often quite stoic he's not always a raging madman. Majors can do it all.

EndlessSummer

Mar 21, 2022
It doesn't matter, I don't think most of the actors have the same sort of face shapes as their comic counterpart
Yeah no offense but this is dumb.

Majors is the best choice.
I'm holding back my judgment until we get a better look at his knees.
Am I not allowed to have preferences like everyone else?

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
They kind of have to do KD and SW back to back in one year because what could take place in between those two movies? Obviously after KD there's not going to be a "meanwhile, someplace else..." for another film to take place in.

"Oh no, 3 years until the next IW/EG which will be back to back in the same year."

The people who were adults when Iron Man 1 came out, probably see this wait differently.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
Oh my God, two new avengers movies announced and a whole page is dedicated to complaining about the villain's nose

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I know we're not criticizing Jonathan Major's very phenotypically Black nose.

I know that's not what's happening.

I know the fuck not.

tsmoreau

Oct 27, 2017

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I know nothing about comics Kang, and nothing about the Secret Wars storyline. And since I don't know how they get there, as everything in phase 4 seems kind of disjointed as of yet I'm very excited for the journey ahead. I also expect a ton of "small" crossovers/cameos across the coming shows and movies to advance the overall plot.

I also want to chip in to a discussion I read earlier in one of today's Marvel threads.
I also don't think the Avengers will be a fixed team, but an ensemble of different characters from the movies. And the Avengers name of these movies is more like a signal for the casual audience that "this is the big crossover blockbuster you have been waiting for."

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just...i'm just gonna come back to this thread a few pages later, once we're past the nose discussion

FWIW I'm loving Majors as Kang, have zero doubt he'll nail the role.