• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

?

• Bring Me THANOS!

Votes: 305 70.9%
  • I love you 3000!

Votes: 125 29.1%

• Total voters
Oct 28, 2017
(God I miss the MCU)

I'm sure this discussion has been had but the search feature is not responding.

Simply put, which is the better experience in your opinion.

I'm leaning Infinity War overall but I don't think I have ever felt they way I did when watching Portals happen in Endgame.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Infinity War is super well paced and fun, packed to the brim with great character moments and sequences, and uses Thanos much better than Endgame. It had some genuine moments of tension as well since you couldn't be certain what was going to happen this go around. Endgame is solid and a good ending to the first "saga" of the MCU, but Infinity War is easily one of the most fun experiences I've ever had in a theater, while Endgame is probably my least favorite of the Russo films.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Infinity War's pacing is a bit weird till they get to Titan but the ending hype leading into shock/depression makes it more memorable.

Also the battle at Titan was one of the best MCU fights of all time.

Oct 25, 2017
The catharsis of Endgame is so strong because the tragedy of Infinity War was so devastating. I tend to not think of them as separate experiences anymore.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Endgame, enjoyed both though. together they're the best any of these mcu ensemble flicks have been.

Sapiens

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They were never going to top Infinity War so they just....did what they could I guess. Endgame had it's moments, but that's it - moments. No urge to watch again. Saw IW like three times.

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think endgame is much better than infinity war despite the last third being boring space garbage

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I like the more personal moments of Endgame than infinity war which had better action and set pieces

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I love Endgame's finale more than anything in Infinity War but as a whole probably Infinity War. It has the benefit of not having to wrap up the entire saga like Endgame does.

In a way I feel they are tied but I'll give it to IW. But the emotional moments in Endgame hit harder

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
IW is paced just right and had better action of the two films. The way it brought the whole universe together was something else as well.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Infinity War is a better movie to me, mostly just due to how deftly they handled it being such a huge crossover. Wonderfully paced for how much was going on.

They saved all the big dumb battles and fanservice for Endgame, which is still fun but not as good.

Dec 22, 2017
Infinity War is the first (and only?) MCU movie that genuinely surprised me. I didn't think Disney would ever let them do the snap on screen. I kept thinking "OK, here is the part where Thanos fails" but nope he did it. It's also genuinely clever how all the characters end up crossing paths alongside Thanos' quest for the stones.

On top of that it has great art and costume design, some really hard hitting action sequences, and the funniest dialogue of the MCU. As far as popcorn movies go, I put Infinity War up there with Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Infinity War is a huge let-down. Overlong and dull, way too hung up on its uninteresting plot, which drives the characters in stead of the other way around. Should've been the first act of one big movie with the snap as break into two. It numbed me before it was halfway. And even though it is a bit redeemed by the snap, I left the theater very disapointed.

Endgame is overlong too, but is way more interesting and fun overall. I probably would've enjoyed it more if IW wouldn't have burned me out on the MCU so much.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I do find it somewhat funny how people say IW is clearly the better movie when Endgame had a far better critical reception than IW did.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
IW easily for me. I enjoyed endgame but nowhere near as much as I hoped and the big moments didn't quite hit the spot for me.

The bring me thanos scene might be my favourite in the whole MCU.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Infinity War is pretty brilliant, actually. turning the main heavy into the protagonist, having a huge cast of characters that actually get a fair amount of screen time and making it work somehow, wakanda. IW is the better film times 3000

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I enjoyed Infinity War more than Endgame though Endgame had its great fan moments.

Also "I miss the MCU" - it...is gone?

I thought they had more movies in the pipeline....?

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
Infinity War is one of my all time favorite movie experiences. While the credits were going after this long movie I was sitting there wishing it had another hour or two more. Endgame had so much going on, it just wasn't as fun of a ride. I've only seen it the one time in the theater which I guess says it all.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Infinity War is easier to rewatch. Endgame was amazing payoff for the MCU, but I didn't feel the need to watch it again.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
I don't really look at them as separate things, I guess? They're parts of the same whole.

I guess I don't really understand the need to rank everything.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The catharsis of Endgame is so strong because the tragedy of Infinity War was so devastating. I tend to not think of them as separate experiences anymore.

This. I think IW is better, but it's really a two part film. I can't watch IW without thinking about the payoff in Endgame now. I'd love to see Marvel eventually release super cut edit with both movies in one.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
I don't really like MCU movies, but really enjoyed Infinity War.

Endgame was just another bad MCU movie that ended on a retread of the battle in Infinity War, but with a lot of cheesy fanservice stuff meant to get cheers and claps from the audience. And none of the story really made sense, and everything felt contrived.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Infinity War is a better movie. Endgame's fanservice is the most excited I've been during a movie in a loooooong time though.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
While Endgame has the single best moment of both films in the Portals scene, Infinity War is a top 10 comic book film for me. From the beginning moment, there is this impending doom of Thanos and everyone is scrambling against time to stop him. The pacing is beautiful as well as how they brought several groups of characters together for the first time.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It's crazy how much lower the RT/Metacritic score is for Infinity War. It's clearly the better movie.

Endgame is more of a "traditional" movie in terms of storytelling, with slower, more deliberate scenes, character building, etc. Infinity War is basically just a nonstop roller coaster so I think critics preferring Endgame makes sense, even if I find Endgame pretty sloppy.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
They're two halves of a whole for me. Two halves that I immensely enjoyed. Infinity War is more rewatch able but Endgame was probably more emotionally satisfying to me.

Oct 27, 2017
Endgame was great fun and I definitely think I'll rewatch in sometime. I enjoyed Infinity War too but even right when I got out of that movie I knew it'd be a chore to rewatch. I mean, that whole Thor making a hammer sub-plot? Give me fat Thor meeting his mom over that a thousand times.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Infinity War. The time travel shit was a cop out.

Completely off topic, but why did Groot dissolve? Wasn't he the only survivor of his entire race? I guess the stones couldn't take half of one, so they took the whole thing.