• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Now that Endgame has had a re-release, at what stage are you that Avatar will remain #1 of all time?

• Acceptance

Votes: 142 68.9%
  • Acceptance

Votes: 64 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kjtc1979

Nov 27, 2017
total gross is 850m, its got a long way to go to reach 2.8b

Worldwide gross of Endgame is 2,765.8 billion. Avatar is 2,788 billion.

Endgame is 99.2% of the way there.

To put that in perspective, Titanic is 3rd with 2,187.5 billion. That's 78.4% of Avatar.

It's a small gap to close. Whether it does so or not, the movie has been a smashing success. If Endgame gets the record, it will be by a slim margin and will not diminish the success of Avatar.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Infinity War made 5.5m from this point on and Avengers nearly 10m and Endgame's Monday and Tuesday were well above both of their equivalent days.

Yes...because of the thirsty re-release/expansion of Endgame. It was trending below IW before then. This bump is going to be short lived and Endgame is going to drop hard. It already has had a decent drop.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Infinity War made 5.5m from this point on and Avengers nearly 10m and Endgame's Monday and Tuesday were well above both of their equivalent days.
Endgame is only up because of the expansion, people wanting to see the Blu-Ray extras and getting that poster. Before the expansion Endgame had 985 theaters and it has roughly 2k theaters now. Before the expansion Endgame was behind IW for almost 5 weeks straight. Had it not been for the expansion that trend would have continued and Endgame wouldn't have made as much as it has been making since it's expansion so it's not a 1-1 comparison.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Comparisons don't make any sense anymore due to Endgame's re-expansion and revamped marketing push, as small as it might be.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Who will be proven right? The naysayers or the true believers? Logic or emotion? Facts or faith?

giphy.gif

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I fully expect Disney to bullshit their way into Endgame winning just in time to announce an Avatar worldwide re-release

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
The Europeans have to pay THEIR FAIR SHARE to pass avatar! It's all their fault that this is even close

I would pin the blame on Japan. If the country more about MCU than it currently does, Endgame would be #1. As it stands now, Endgame did really well, but Aladdin's already pulled far ahead of it.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
You willing to make that bet?
Well this entire thread is about a bet so if you want to do that just sign up.

I think it's too close to call but lean towards it probably making it. Even worst scenarios get it to within single digit millions of the record and Disney aren't just going to let it finish that close.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Well this entire thread is about a bet so if you want to do that just sign up.

I think it's too close to call but lean towards it probably making it. Even worst scenarios get it to within single digit millions of the record and Disney aren't just going to let it finish that close.

I always knew you were willing to make that bet. Good for you my Friend. As for avatar, I think it will remain king

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Avatar is so irrelevant it's actually relevant.

On a more serious note, Avatar's environmental themes are more relevant than all of the MCU put together.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
What if endgame baaaaarely beats Avatar but then Avatar gets a second release. Has enough time passed and is there enough reason people would see it again? I personally didn't like Avatar but I think this whole thing is so dumb that I want crazy things to happen

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, because that sure isn't relevant to the current state of the world.

I guess if only Avatar had absolutely nothing of worth to say like the MCU, then it would be even more relevant.

Ok, let's be serious for a moment here. We can debate about the depth of the exploration of themes in the MCU but it really is absurd to suggest that the movies have nothing to say. There are many movies in the MCU that tackle topics that are relevant today, starting from the movie that started it all, Iron Man. You are showing your bias here.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
Ok, let's be serious for a moment here. We can debate about the depth of the exploration of themes in the MCU but it really is absurd to suggest that the movies have nothing to say. There are many movies in the MCU that tackle topics that are relevant today, starting from the movie that started it all, Iron Man. You are showing your bias here.
they say stuff without really saying anything, they try hard to not offend anyone please

Status
Not open for further replies.