• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Now that Endgame has had a re-release, at what stage are you that Avatar will remain #1 of all time?

• Acceptance

Votes: 142 68.9%
  • Acceptance

Votes: 64 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was about to say Zatt is the natural end state of a community that refuses to let people just enjoy a movie they liked even if it "bombed" (read: slightly underperformed), going to non-BO threads to share such negativity. But given people can't even express interest in seeing Endgame a second time without being openly mocked and implied to inherently be more priveleged, I think, illustrates that point far, far better.

A lot of you take it just as seriously as Zatt but you don't even realize it. I appreciate the people who actually can realize what a silly pissing contest BO scores are and try to have fun with it, rather than use it as serious proof towards anything except market trends.

Pretty much all of this.

And it's a problem when even the people in charge of making sure cooler heads prevail here come into these discussions and point to the one dude being dogpiled on. And it's frustrating when you know for a fact you've seen plenty of the people still participating here (many in this very thread) instigate a lot of those incidences.

Era can be cliquey as fuck.

less

Oct 25, 2017
My higher end predictions for Endgame has it falling about $15 million below Avatar if the bonus content does better than I expect it to.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So since no one has mentioned it yet, Endgame passed AVATARs initial WW run this weekend 👀

That's the last milestone for Endgame though. You will be remembered. For those that want to celebrate, celebrate and pop your bottles of champagne.

Remember, it's the total current WW numbers that matter.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine all that swimming just to drown in the shore. Crazy Cam may have to open another champagne.

McPaul

Banned
May 6, 2019
User Banned (3 Days): Ignoring Mod Post.
Look at him enjoying enjoying some tasty bread, just like the rest of us!
zuckymczuck.jpg

I really want it to beat Avatar, but I don't see how it can get another $40 million.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Ignoring Staff Post
This thread is filled with people either suggesting or straight out saying Avatar is a piece of shit and that they can't believe anyone liked it or would be interested in any sequels. As if the people that actually like it are some kind of unbelievable morons, or drooling mush-brained imbeciles that were idiotized into liking it solely by the 3D effect. I'm pretty sure I've even seen a couple of people snidely hinting that anyone that likes it is deep down a racist or something because of its use of white savior tropes.

But god forbid someone makes fun of anyone wanting to see Endgame for the umpteenth time. I wonder what this thread would be like if it had like one tenth as much loathing for Endgame as it does for Avatar. Spare me the persecution act.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So since no one has mentioned it yet, Endgame passed AVATARs initial WW run this weekend 👀

That's the last milestone for Endgame though. You will be remembered. For those that want to celebrate, celebrate and pop your bottles of champagne.

Remember, it's the total current WW numbers that matter.
Thought it was $30M behind with an estimated 1.8M domestic weekend.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Ignoring Mod Post.
This thread is filled with people either suggesting or straight out saying Avatar is a piece of shit and that they can't believe anyone liked it or would be interested in any sequels. As if the people that actually like it are some kind of unbelievable morons, or drooling mush-brained imbeciles that were idiotized into liking it solely by the 3D effect. I'm pretty sure I've even seen a couple of people snidely hinting that anyone that likes it is deep down a racist or something because of its use of white savior tropes.

But god forbid someone makes fun of anyone wanting to see Endgame for the umpteenth time. I wonder what this thread would be like if it had like one tenth as much loathing for Endgame as it does for Avatar. Spare me the persecution act.

And those people tend to get called out for that bullshit. And on the occasion that they aren't, they absolutely should be. Because it isn't ok.

This isn't about Endgame vs. Avatar. It's about not fucking insulting people, whatever side of this bullshit ass discussion you fall on.

This isn't hard. Quit being assholes.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thought it was $30M behind with an estimated 1.8M domestic weekend.

It's $38m-$39m behind total WW numbers behind AVATAR. It just passed AVATARs total WW numbers before AVATAR had a re-release. But remember, it isn't considered since that's not the total WW number AVATAR is at. It's just something people would like to point out and look at as an achievement.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this rerelease is this weekend, when the hell are they supposed to officially market it?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i went to see avatar in theaters and i couldn't see shit because my eyes are fucky and the glasses didnt work properly so it was just a loud blurry rush

luckily my eyes work with stuff like vr, or i'd be pissed

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
God fucking damn it.

Yo.

Why was Yasuke banned? I get he ignored the mod post but he was responding to Jett, who I notice didn't get so much as a warning

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i didnt see endgame at all, the same week i was going to go see endgame i fractured my ankle and that put me off of it

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Avengers: Endgame: Strike Two doesn't need marketing. Word of mouth will carry it. Absolutely no one is sick of talking about Avengers: Endgame right now. Where I'm from all anyone is talking about is Avengers: Endgame. Instead of using one of the primest weeks of summer to make a new experience, it sounds like most people from my neck of the woods would rather relive an experience they had like a month ago. This is all anecdotal, of course. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to watch a movie that has monopolized 50% of the world's movie screens for the last 2 months. Hit it and holla at it.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Avengers: Endgame: Strike Two doesn't need marketing. Word of mouth will carry it. Absolutely no one is sick of talking about Avengers: Endgame right now. Where I'm from all anyone is talking about is Avengers: Endgame. Instead of using one of the primest weeks of summer to make a new experience, it sounds like most people from my neck of the woods would rather relive an experience they had like a month ago. This is all anecdotal, of course. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to watch a movie that has monopolized 50% of the world's movie screens for the last 2 months. Hit it and holla at it.
Is this post serious, I can't tell.

Avengers was playing in 10%~ of total screens in the US, as far as I can tell. It seemed like it was really crazy, but it wasn't that crazy.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
After the success of The Lion King Disney will probably take James Cameron off the Avatar sequels and replace him with John Favreau

Status
Not open for further replies.