• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Now that Endgame has had a re-release, at what stage are you that Avatar will remain #1 of all time?

• Acceptance

Votes: 142 68.9%
  • Acceptance

Votes: 64 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Wait did I actually join this avatar bet? I vaguely recall jumping in just for the heck of it
tumblr_oefj2rzAbR1shsq9jo1_500_zpsewkmw430.gif

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I already lost my Retro Studios avatar bet. I don't need another L dammit
The list so far:

Pop-o-matic
OwOtacon - Alt. BANNED
Schlorgan
MarsipanRumpan
sph3re
Emag
JackSwift
Geist
JigglesBunny
Vonnegut
Spork4000
Serpens007
TheChamp
deejay
ContractHolder
Sulik2
Farfetch'd
Trodimus (Permaban)
[redacted]
Hikari_ryu
Keekon
Ebullientprism
stealthyfrog
Velg
Melhadf
Petete
Jiggy
Tatsu123
Noppie
CharGP02A
Svadhyaya
Proh1bited
Slayven
Foltzie
ZattMurdock
DrBo42
Alexi52

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Avatar was a beast of a movie. There has been almost 20% inflation + all sorts of crazy movie passes propping up since Avatar was in theaters. Probably all of that extra revenue from 3D and IMAX.

Do they have breakouts of revenue as standard vs 3D vs Fauxmax vs true IMAX? Would be interesting to see,

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So here's the expectation of it beating AVATAR with this re-release:

1. It is expected that people will flock to theaters because they are adding a Blu-Ray scene at the end of the credits.
2. It is expected that people will flock to the theater now because of ^ when they aren't flocking to the theater now.
3. It is expected that people will flock to the theater to catch a 1-3 minute Blu-Ray scene for a 3hr movie in theaters after they have seen the movie already.
4. It is expected that people will flock to the theater to catch a 1-3 minute Blu-Ray scene in theaters after they have seen the movie, are expected to continue paying for it to see it again when they can just wait to buy the Blu-Ray.
5. It is expected that people will not only see the movie again, with some people seeing it 10+ times already (Zatt and some people on social media boasting how many times they've seen Endgame) but to also continue giving Disney money, buy the Blu-Ray and Subscribe to Disney+ to watch Endgame AGAIN there for the 20th time.

RegularSlushyCoati-max-1mb.gif

Well, there is a lot of people, me included, that had it hard to justify another go, but this works as an excuse lol

JigsawPSN

Banned
Apr 11, 2019
endgame always only needed legs until far from home releases, now its certain it will beat avatar

many will watch both movies in succession, just because spiderman acts like a direct sequel

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
Only mildly following this. Does the new run still count as far as box office earnings or is it separated as a "new" film?

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Now what happens if Endgame does outgross it from this, BUT just before Avatar 2 finally comes out whenever, they re-release the first one in theatres once again?

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Now what happens if Endgame does outgross it from this, BUT just before Avatar 2 finally comes out whenever, they re-release the first one in theatres once again?
That's the dream scenario for Disney. If Endgame passes Avatar, they can advertise for the Blu Ray release and other promotional materials that Endgame is the "Highest Grossing Film Of All Time." Let it have the title through Oscar season and then do the Avatar re-release during a slow time next year. Have Avatar pass Endgame again and then in the TV spots and promotional material for Avatar 2, you can say "The Sequel To The Highest Grossing Film Of All Time." Disney wins two times in that scenario. Although Disney wins regardless of what happens with the BO crown.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
That's the dream scenario for Disney. If Endgame passes Avatar, they can advertise for the Blu Ray release and other promotional materials that Endgame is the "Highest Grossing Film Of All Time." Let it have the title through Oscar season and then do the Avatar re-release during a slow time next year. Have Avatar pass Endgame again and then in the TV spots and promotional material for Avatar 2, you can say "The Sequel To The Highest Grossing Film Of All Time." Disney wins two times in that scenario. Although Disney wins regardless of what happens with the BO crown.
Yep.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would really like it if someone could explain how this will somehow push Endgame over Avatar?

The movie has been out for a while and the late legs on it have been relatively bad. How is 6 minutes of DVD extras at the end of this 3 hour film gonna make people go see the movie?

All evidence points to this not doing shit so I really want to know why this is different.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We a live in Disney World and just don't realize it, don't we?

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
I would really like it if someone could explain how this will somehow push Endgame over Avatar?

The movie has been out for a while and the late legs on it have been relatively bad. How is 6 minutes of DVD extras at the end of this 3 hour film gonna make people go see the movie?

All evidence points to this not doing shit so I really want to know why this is different.

blind optimism, dreams, and fanboying

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018

It won't. Before details emerged people were speculating about a special edition with new scenes which could have given it a good boost. With it being a trailer for the home release it will do barely anything.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
You know what had better legs than Endgame?

The Greatest Showman

What's that mean?

Add a post credit scene with Hugh Jackman joining the MCU

As PT Barnum

His intro is singing a 5 minute song and throwing Zendaya off a roof

Status
Not open for further replies.