• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Suddenly everyone is back.

5 years people move on. Remarried spouse? What about a bank account? Your house, your job?

The world moved on (more or less). Suddenly the world needs more food and power, livable space (we saw homes and buildings overgrown from neglect).

What if some family moved up into your old house because it was abandoned?

What about people that vanished on planes and boats etc?

The sheer amount of chaos would be just as crazy when the people were dusted.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Presumably the world would have also abandoned religious divides as everyone would have converted to Nordic Paganism once Thor saved the world several times

And settled down on Earth with his fellow Asgardians.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I really hope they address this. We saw the world be a horribly changed place, with many areas turned into abandoned deserts basically. Putting the people back from one day to another isn't suddenly solving the issues at hand: you once again have to give work to twice as many people, have twice as many people in the instruction again, a lot of people will have moved houses or remarried, if your friend/partner/etc. stayed alive that's suddenly a 5 years age difference, etc. etc.. There's a lot of practical problems of 3.5 billions people dying out of nowhere and resurrecting in 5 years that I hope the movies will, indeed, address.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The very first thing I thought of was "what is the presidential situation in the United States?" when they did the deed.

There had to be at least ONE presidential election. If the president was dusted, what happens??? What happens to the people who zoomed five years into the future and don't recognize the current president?

Unrelated but, what happens to Peter Parker's education??? Did all of his classmates conveniently get snapped too so they're all in the same grade?!

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All broadcast networks would be taken over by the ruling authorities, and have 24 hour broadcast loops that give initial guidelines for what to do if you have no shelter or sustenance. Rationing on a world-wide level.

Any building large enough would become shelters, and all non-essential civilian jobs would be halted. Capitalism would cease immediately. The Military would be summoned to keep people from looting. The only way for the returning half to be fed is if all places that sell food were MANDATED to give it out.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Birthdays will be fucked up.

People born the same year would be 21 and 16

How can they prove you were there the whole time to mature into a legal age adult to drink?

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was one of my (very few) points of contention with the film. I think the "Snap undo" actually makes things worse.

Was the 5 year gap done only to let Tony have a daughter? Surely a few weeks later would have worked better.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of practical problems of 3.5 billions people dying out of nowhere and resurrecting in 5 years that I hope the movies will, indeed, address.

While it's a big mess regardless, it never actually said that 3.5 billion people died, all living things across the entire universe were affected, not just Earth.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Far From Home is going to glance over everything beside the main deaths/absences from the cast, which is a shame because I would like to delve further into the ramifications from a street level view.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While it's a big mess regardless, it never actually said that 3.5 billion people died, all living things across the entire universe were affected, not just Earth.

We are mainly following the events on Earth though, and statistically it's unlikely that at least a couple billion humans didn't depart. But even if it were "only" 100m it would be quite a mess to "reinstate" everything.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Early in the movie, Cap tells Nat that he saw some whales under the bridge and how the water is already cleaner.

So.. just took 5 measly years of half the population to disappear and the planet is already doing better ecologically.

The sudden impact of 3 billion people re-appearing again will most definitely have a real bad effect on all that.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was the 5 year gap done only to let Tony have a daughter? Surely a few weeks later would have worked better.

• Tony has a daughter
  • Thor's extra depressed and has gotten fat
  • Hulk is now Professor Hulk
  • Hawkeye went rogue

And so on. It's a bigger mess to address, but better than just doing a thing where they go back in time and have the snap not happen at all. That's just boring.

OP
OP
Pilgrimzero

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Far From Home is going to glance over everything beside the main deaths/absences from the cast, which is a shame because I would like to delve further into the ramifications from a street level view.

I found it real odd he doesnt see his best friend again until school restarts. And apparently a field trip to the UK in the next film? I would think it would be a few months atleast until school resumes

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • Tony has a daughter
  • Thor's extra depressed and has gotten fat
  • Hulk is now Professor Hulk
  • Hawkeye went rogue

And so on

With the exception of Tony's kid, I feel like most of this would have worked just as well with "A few months later".

Thor could have cultivated that much mass in 2-3 months. Hulk could have gotten his shit together. And Hawkeye went psycho the day after his family was dusted.

Feels like the story would have been better for it.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Yeah it's going to be messy as fuck, especially since all of the infrastructure to support double the people will be gone or in disrepair.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Which makes Far From Home an odd choice for follow up. There's no going back to normal after this, which seems silly since the movie is based on a field trip. Pete really lucked out that his friends were all apart of the snap.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I really hope they address this. We saw the world be a horribly changed place, with many areas turned into abandoned deserts basically. Putting the people back from one day to another isn't suddenly solving the issues at hand: you once again have to give work to twice as many people, have twice as many people in the instruction again, a lot of people will have moved houses or remarried, if your friend/partner/etc. stayed alive that's suddenly a 5 years age difference, etc. etc.. There's a lot of practical problems of 3.5 billions people dying out of nowhere and resurrecting in 5 years that I hope the movies will, indeed, address.

I hope they don't make a documentery out of this.

Nov 1, 2017
The weirdest part is that some people have aged 5 years and some people haven't aged at all. If you were in 8th grade and got snapped, you're now back in 8th grade with people who were in 3rd grade when the snap happened. And people who were with you in 8th grade but didn't get snapped are now college age.

Also, scores of people are still dead from the car/plane crashes and stuff that happened because of the snap.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
They should do a Disney+ series showing ordinary people's lives and how they deal with the snap in those 5 years, and then how everyone reacts to everybody coming back.

OP
OP
Pilgrimzero

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine coming back and finding your spouse killed themselves due to grief or that your kids are in foster care somewhere. BTW was Ant-Mans daughter living alone?

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peter Parker's class looks remarkably the same after 5 years, it's quite a coincidence that all his notable buddies and rivals from high school didn't get dusted to age 5 years.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
The weirdest part is that some people have aged 5 years and some people haven't aged at all. If you were in 8th grade and got snapped, you're now back in 8th grade with people who were in 3rd grade when the snap happened. And people who were with you in 8th grade but didn't get snapped are now college age.

Also, scores of people are still dead from the car/plane crashes and stuff that happened because of the snap.

Also bodies dropping from the sky and just appearing in the middle of the highway or in subway tunnels for those snapped while in transit

Oct 25, 2017
Give me the movie about the husband who got snapped and his wife moved on and had a kid with someone else. Give me that shit. I want it.

I want all of the scenarios.

Young high school couple, now one is 5 years older.

Give me the one person in a group of friends that finds out everyone grew up without him.

Someone that was in the middle of surgery and all the doctors got snapped.

Airplane, both pilots got snapped.

I want all the fallout.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Will probably get an original or retooled villain backstory out of it.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Fucked up.

I would say that I fully expect the movies to not go into it, but they positively surprised me by how they handled the post-snap world, so who knows.

Oct 25, 2017
With the exception of Tony's kid, I feel like most of this would have worked just as well with "A few months later".

Thor could have cultivated that much mass in 2-3 months. Hulk could have gotten his shit together. And Hawkeye went psycho the day after his family was dusted.

Feels like the story would have been better for it.
That's not how weight gain works.
Pepper could've just already been pregnant if they wanted to go that route.

5 was a deliberate choice.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They wanted Cassie Lang to be a teenager for Ant-Man 3. Maybe for whatever they end up calling the Young Avengers.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Early in the movie, Cap tells Nat that he saw some whales under the bridge and how the water is already cleaner.

So.. just took 5 measly years of half the population to disappear and the planet is already doing better ecologically.

The sudden impact of 3 billion people re-appearing again will most definitely have a real bad effect on all that.
Honestly, that line about the whales isn't very realistic. Thanos killed half of all life, which includes the animals. If anything the animal world would be even worse off than humanity, Thanos destroyed the delicate balance of nature harder than humanity ever did.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
It's my biggest gripe with the film and an entirely self-made problem of the writers.

I fully expected only the Avengers to remember the world post-Snap and everyone to reappear moments after they left. 5 years gap for half the population is a cataclysmic event that irrevocably changes the MCU forever. Every other situation situation now pales in comparison to this event, forget Sokovia, forget the battle of New York. Every single person will have been impacted by this.

I don't think it'll be addressed, however. Maybe they should just move on and don't think about it.

RJeddy

Dec 4, 2017
Give me the movie about the husband who got snapped and his wife moved on and had a kid with someone else. Give me that shit. I want it.

I want all of the scenarios.

Young high school couple, now one is 5 years older.

Give me the one person in a group of friends that finds out everyone grew up without him.

Someone that was in the middle of surgery and all the doctors got snapped.

Airplane, both pilots got snapped.

I want all the fallout.
Same!

What of the baby who was left unattended after her parents got dusted?

Or the multitude of people who would have surely took their own lives after from being left alone?

What is the world political climate like?

What happens if a structure was built on top of the place where people got dusted? What if they were dusted in a place such as the ocean or the sky?

I love brainstorming scenarios for movies after they've finished. I know this is a Disney Marvel movie, but still!

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Whales and animal life are back to being fuuuucked.
Animal life was already fucked though. Thanos didn't just wipe out half of humans, animals were hit too.

Entire ecosystems depend on a very fragile balance that yes, is being threatened by humanity, but wiping out half of all animals is also a very good way to completely fuck up that delicate balance.

Thanos' snap deleted half of the krill in the world, an essential food for many fish and whales. With half of all krill gone, there wouldn't be enough food for the whales and fish left alive post-snap.

Or take the panda, which is already heavily threatened in the wild. Thanos' snap just made the panda even more threatened and possibly even wiped out the complete species if in a completely random chance the snap accidentally wiped out all the baby panda's. Whoops!

Last edited:

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Animal life was already fucked though. Thanos didn't just wipe out half of humans, animals were hit too.

Entire ecosystems depend on a very fragile balance that yes, is being threatened by humanity, but wiping out half of all animals is also a very good way to completely fuck up that delicate balance.

True but Steve/Nat does say that whales are now inhabiting places that were once crowded and dirtied by ships/people.

JetBazooka

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Presumably the world would have also abandoned religious divides as everyone would have converted to Nordic Paganism once Thor saved the world several times

And settled down on Earth with his fellow Asgardians.
nope they would have all become Christians as Christs return is what this would have been called. The good ones taken and the bad ones left on earth to face Hawkeyes wrath.

Oct 25, 2017
Ooooooo

Married pregnant woman gets snapped. Husband moves on. Gets married to other woman who he gets pregnant. First pregnant wife returns.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
True but Steve/Nat does say that whales are now inhabiting places that were once crowded and dirtied by ships/people.
Yes, and that sentence makes no sense, because realistically the animal kingdom would be far worse off post-snap than humanity.

You can say a lot about humanity, but we can adapt easily. Delete the food sources of animals and they won't adapt so easily.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I would LOVE a whole movie just dedicated to how they rebuild the society at this point. No fighting no action needed. That would be a nice epilogue movie, but instead we get another Spiderman movie.

My only hope is Agents of Shield season 6 deals with this more.

Status
Not open for further replies.