• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
So my fiancee and I just had a moment where I was like, "So was I the only one who thought Hulk was trying to smang the Ancient One?"

And she agreed.

So are we all in agreement that Hulk was trying to smang the Ancient One?

I had to look up the word smang. I think your fiancée was just being polite, possibly with a view to smanging you later, you handsome devil you.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Even if Cap returns the stones, isn't there still an errant timeline without Gamora, Nebula, or Thanos and his forces? Peter would retrieve the stone after waking up, but I imagine that Korath and Ronan would be in disarray from their master disappearing

Oct 29, 2017
At the theater now for a second viewing! I was so close to the screen the first time over the weekend, I could barely tell what was going on during the big battle scene at the end lol.

Darkgable

Nov 3, 2017
Just curious guys. Call me crazy, but when I saw this moment, I immediately thought of the Surfer glove snatch.

Was Dr Stranger's 'finger wait' signal to Tony Stark just before he went for Thanos's glove a coincidencal nod to the the panel below?

Obviously executed differently in the film.

po6ei2q60w39.jpg

3441018-thanos3.jpg

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Man, people that were dusted are gonna have a hell of a time explaining how old they are now, haha. Do you add 5 years to your age or say you're still the same age as when you died? So if you're born in 2000, you died in 2018, but came back in 2023... Are you 18 or 23? How does your driver license work? So many neat questions.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In case this haven't been posted
This confirms that Cap is living in an alternate timeline, and Bucky knows he's going to live with Peggy for decades.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/30/avengers-endgame-russo-brothers-captain-america/

So, has Cap been living in the past this whole time — or did he go and live in another dimension?

The directors say it's the latter.

The Russos confirm — Bucky knew. When Cap was preparing to for the trip, which is only supposed to last a few seconds in the main timeline, his old friend from Brooklyn gives him a surprisingly heavy farewell.

Somehow, he was aware that Cap was going to live in the past, and it's probably more than just intuition. "Especially when he says goodbye," Joe explained. "He says, 'I'll miss you.' Clearly he knows something."

But how? Has Winter Soldier already met with Old Cap at some previous point? It seems the answer is yes.

On the other hand, Joe adds, "Sam doesn't know something." Falcon has no idea about Old Cap, which is why The Winter Soldier urges him to go up and talk to the now-elderly Steve Rogers. Bucky already has the answer to the questions Sam is going to ask.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes I can read, no need to be a turd. And I wasnt talking about Ragnarok.

Point out the Thor and Dark World mentions, then?

Man, people that were dusted are gonna have a hell of a time explaining how old they are now, haha. Do you add 5 years to your age or say you're still the same age as when you died? So if you're born in 2000, you died in 2018, but came back in 2023... Are you 18 or 23? How does your driver license work? So many neat questions.

Why would you add 5 years? You're the same age you were 5 years ago, since you effectively ceased to exist for that time period.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Point out the Thor and Dark World mentions, then?

Why would you add 5 years? You're the same age you were 5 years ago, since you effectively ceased to exist for that time period.
So when people ask, "How old are you?" and you say, 18, they don't assume you were born in 2005 instead of your actual birth year of 2000? I dunno. Just seems confusing. There's gonna have to be a world wide * on people's ID's that were killed and brought back.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So when people ask, "How old are you?" and you say, 18, they don't assume you were born in 2005 instead of your actual birth year of 2000? I dunno. Just seems confusing. There's gonna have to be a world wide * on people's ID's that were killed and brought back.

Everyone in the world understands that half the population was snapped and ceased aging for 5 years. If you say you're 18 and it's 2023, it'd be assumed you were snapped. They might require ID's/licenses have an asterisk like you wisely suggest, but there's no real confusion here.

Are we ever gonna get Miles? They are gonna ride out Tom Holland as long as possible especially considering that he is probably the best actor they currently have, and who knows what Sony will do when it is time to for him to move on.

They didn't hint at him for no reason. Nor did they tap Gambino to play his uncle for no reason. That's gonna payoff in the future.

I maintain he was snapped though. Peter and Miles being close in age doesn't make any sense. You want the gap so Peter can mentor him when Miles gets his powers.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone in the world understands that half the population was snapped and ceased aging for 5 years. If you say you're 18 and it's 2023, it'd be assumed you were snapped. They might require ID's/licenses have an asterisk like you wisely suggest, but there's no real confusion here.

They didn't hint at him for no reason. Nor did they tap Gambino to play his uncle for no reason. That's gonna payoff in the future.

I maintain he was snapped though. Peter and Miles being close in age doesn't make any sense. You want the gap so Peter can mentor him when Miles gets his powers.
Yeah, I am sure Marvel wants to introduce him, my question is mostly due to them having to go through Sony to use Spiderman. I see that as Marvel planting the seeds to introduce him, but I guess it depends on if Sony continues to play ball. Marvel has planted seeds that haven't come through already.

Wrighteous86

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Just curious guys. Call me crazy, but when I saw this moment, I immediately thought of the Surfer glove snatch.

Was Dr Stranger's 'finger wait' signal to Tony Stark just before he went for Thanos's glove a coincidencal nod to the the panel below?

Obviously executed differently in the film.
It wasn't "finger wait". It was "this is indeed the one in 14 million. Your sacrifice won't be wasted."

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I am sure Marvel wants to introduce him, my question is mostly due to them having to go through Sony to use Spiderman. I see that as Marvel planting the seeds to introduce him, but I guess it depends on if Sony continues to play ball. Marvel has planted seeds that haven't come through already.

I go back and forth. I hope Sony is smart enough to know they're a part of the biggest thing in cinema, and there's no reason to mess it up.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Did they ever mention how old Miles was in the first place? All I remember was his uncle saying he had a nephew that lived in the neighbourhood but he never gave an age. For all we know Miles could've been born in 2014 and now he's 9. lol

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
"You could not live with your own failure... And where did that bring you? Back to me."

I fucking love this line. So much.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did they ever mention how old Miles was in the first place? All I remember was his uncle saying he had a nephew that lived in the neighbourhood but he never gave an age. For all we know Miles could've been born in 2014 and now he's 9. lol

He'd be young, but old enough to have a convo with his uncle on the phone (there was a deleted scene of him calling him to apologize for being late while he's webbed to the car lol).

I'd guess somewhere between 5 and 8, pre-snap.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It just occurred to me that all those "Yall fighting Thanos? Good luck" memes are finally dead. We can finally put some respect on Wong's name.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think there'd just be a blanket rule that if you were killed by Thanos, the last five years legally didn't happen for you. So if you were 18 in 2018, you're still 18 in 2023. The governments of the world have a pretty good idea of who Thanos killed and who he didn't kill, so it probably wouldn't be so hard to keep tabs.

I'd be more interested in seeing people go to the memorials and see their own names on the monoliths. That would be one hell of a mindfuck, realising you were dead.

larrybud

Oct 25, 2017
one other thing, the actor playing nebula was really, really goddamn good. she totally got inside that character.

Oct 28, 2017
Far From Home takes place in this alternate reality that people who got dusted were sent to? I recall Peter saying something about being happy? Or he was with Happy. Then Dr Strange comes and says it's time to go.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
That clears everything up.
Fine, I'll break it down.

Far From Home takes place in this alternate reality that people who got dusted were sent to?
The snapped weren't sent anywhere, they were reduced to atomic particles. FFH is set post-Endgame.

I recall Peter saying something about being happy? Or he was with Happy.
He never said anything of the like in Endgame.

Then Dr Strange comes and says it's time to go.
That happened because they were brought back on the planet where they were dusted and Strange knew 5 years had passed and it was time to go join the battle.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn, aside from Kraglin, apparently Howard the Duck is supposed to be somewhere in the Final Battle too. Did anyone see him?

Oct 28, 2017
Fine, I'll break it down.

The snapped weren't sent anywhere, they were reduced to atomic particles. FFH is set post-Endgame.

He never said anything of the like in Endgame.

That happened because they were brought back on the planet where they were dusted and Strange knew 5 years had passed and it was time to go join the battle.
Okay, that's more helpful. Thanks.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
finally got to see it. man, that last hour is just a freakin' rollercoaster.

never heard so many people in a theater crying before lol

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Finally saw it. Absolutely fucking amazing.

Though I did find it strange that Thanos seemingly felt more powerful here *without* the stones than he was in IW with the stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.