• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Does the Red Skull have any say in that place, is he not just a spooky guardian echoing the rules. How and why he ends up there knowing this stuff I don't know.

I just think it's a story for another day if they do tell how that soul stone getting returned went.

He got set to space, and became obsessed with finding the infinity stones after holding the tesseract. I think he ended up trapped by the soul stone not understanding what it required, becoming it's herald or whatever.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
But he's not the same badass as Thanos.

I'd say he is, just in a different way. I mean, obviously I could post the pic of him ripping out Thanos's spine, but that's Secret Wars stuff. Just on an intellectual level and his ability to manipulate he's just as dangerous. Think of what Zemo did in CW and multiply it by a thousand. That's what makes Doom a huge threat.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Reading the first posts in this thread when no one had seen it yet lol. So many angry and confused about Cap. Did any of you guys shitting on the rumors change your mind after seeing the movie?

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
ngl Thanos shouls have watched more Nebulacam before acting. If he had watched more than the clips we saw, which is implied with the line about downloading it all.... he no doubt would have seen Widow and Ronin Hood going to Vormir and surely would have pieced that together. All he would have had to do is show up, slap those 2 around, toss Gex off the cliff and boom, Avengers foiled.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I had now few days to set my thoughts in order about this movie and the more I think about it the more I like it. It was an amazing closing chapter for the Avengers saga and a great send-off for Cap and Tony Stark. I will miss them, especially Tony in the future MCU, but the way they went out of it was perfect.

Every since I heard the first theories about time travel I was afraid that it will be done in such a way that it will steal from Infinity War's story, but the way they did it in Endgame not only that didn't diminish IW one bit but it even complemented the story. Killing Thanos in the first minutes only to get Thanos 2.0 as punishment for bending the timespace was nice.

I think Endgame also helped the more minor characters get a very nice arc. Nebula, Hawkeye and Black Widow all got their stories upgraded here and made them finally more useful in the whole universe. Especially Nebula had such an emotional roller-coaster here and I enjoyed every bit of it.

Fat Thor was a nice tension diffusing mechanism and I hope he will be in the Asgardians of the Galaxy. This and the "Hail Hydra" from Cap were a touch of genius.

There was less action overall, but there were several epic moments: Cap picking the hammer, everybody arriving through the portals for the final battle, the ride of the superwomen of MCU in support of Captain Marvel.

I have to see the movie one more time soon, I kind of miss it already.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
So where does MCU go from here?

Galactus is the next big bad? Where do they go after Thanos?

I assume the next 10 year arc is going to involve the X-Men.

Short-term: Doctor Doom

Long-Term: I can see Galactus, vs. X-Men, Dark Celestials, or going cosmic with Death and Eternity etc. As well though the personification of concepts might not work in live-action, but they've gotten most everything else right so who knows.

jackal27

Oct 25, 2017
Joplin, MO
Everything was perfect and I love how it ended. Sad to see Natasha go, but I also think it creates a nice arc with where her character started. Glad we'll get a prequel movie about her, but yeah it should have happened years ago. Like... phase 2

He was her husband the whole time, but no one knew because she kept him private (is one explanation).
Oh is that where we're going with this? See I thought Steve had been living in a different timeline and came back afterward to visit and say goodbye. I didn't think he was living out in THEIR timeline. Wouldn't that hat contradict other events earlier in the movie?

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
This was a good ending, but I feel like they shot their load here. I can't imagine another Marvel movie being as epic as IW and EG. Thanos saga is one for the ages, who's as badass as him?

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got out of it. Feel conflicted and will have to sleep over it to really form an opinion.
As of right now I feel it's pretty weak and in the lower half of MCU movies.
  • Hulk doing absolutely nothing
  • Last battle that felt entirely pointless
  • Too many inconsistencies:
    • Black Widow suddenly being an emotional caring person. WTF she lost probably the least of all.
    • Soul Stone's sacrifice got retroactively destroyed. The implication that Gamorra was someone Thanos loved and loved most was a great scene, which basically now means nothing, since apparently, you could just kill anybody for the stone. Black Widow and Hawkeye have like nothing to do with each other. You could make a case for Hawkeye sacrificing himself, since Black Widow considers the Avengers "family".
  • Time travel is a weak plot imo and the execution was lacking and utterly inconsistent (Hammer, Loki, Soul Stone, Cap growing old, Old Thanos now dying in the future - wtf - nothing matters?) Dr. Strange's prophecy turned out to matter little to the plot. WHY had exactly these people to survive? It could have been any team combination basically as long as Stark was in it.
  • Shield didn't go to Bucky?!?!?!?!?
  • Way too many coincidences when they traveled back in time. Tony's father AND Caps love being exactly there. Stark didn't even had a purpose to be there. Like he went there, did nothing and went back up.
  • First hour could have been told in like 5-10 minutes.
  • The entire movie had no real ups and downs. It was on a low, straight line until it picked a bit up when they traveled through time and at the end, but there were no spikes and no build up or big moments. Cap with the Hammer was probably the highlight here. It really lacked action. Humor was pretty good tho, even tho a scene or two felt a bit forced. (e.g. Caps Ass)
  • Captain Marvel was just a plot device and basically not a real character. She feels utterly shoehorned in and had to be written out of the majority of the movie because she has dumb powers. Immediately thought of this:
  • giphy.gif

Hype for Thor being in GoG tho. He is such a great fit.
You need some effort to be wrong on so many things at once

Oct 25, 2017
"You've been gone for FIVE YEARS, Mr. Osborne. This board hired your successor the moment you were out of the picture. We're happy you're still alive, but... you're out, Norman."

"OUT AM I??"

*1960s Spider-Man jingle over Marvel Studios logo*

Goddamn, now I'm going to be mad when this doesn't happen in a post credits scene for Far From Home.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
also remember civil war was markus/mcfeely and the russo bros too

they tied a bow on so many damn things it's crazy

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
House of M and Secret Wars are some pretty big storylines, and Galactus. And isn't there another big storylines involving the Annhilation ?

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot believe how on-board I am for Thor as a member of GotG.

ngl Thanos shouls have watched more Nebulacam before acting. If he had watched more than the clips we saw, which is implied with the line about downloading it all.... he no doubt would have seen Widow and Ronin Hood going to Vormir and surely would have pieced that together. All he would have had to do is show up, slap those 2 around, toss Gex off the cliff and boom, Avengers foiled.

But I thought the point was after he realized what the Avengers were doing, just foiling them wouldn't be enough. He realized that his original plan would never work--as long as people remembered those who were snapped away, the galaxy would never truly be whole or grateful for what he did and would work to reverse it forever instead of moving forward, and so his initial plan was junk.

His followup plan was pretty sound--let the Avengers do the legwork of getting the stones, then just steal them all and redo the snap with 100% more obliterating everyone. He'd know from Nebula's memories that the Avengers at full strength were no match for him the first time, so there'd be little reason to think they'd be able to stop him now. Plus, given that the soul stone sacrifice means he did actually love Gamora, and this Gamora was still fully on-board with his plan as far as he knew, being able to let the Avengers make the sacrifice so he didn't have to made sense to me.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
also remember civil war was markus/mcfeely and the russo bros too

they tied a bow on so many damn things it's crazy

Markus and McFeely have been writing Cap since FIRST AVENGER. People complaining about Cap's ending really need to re-watch the Cap trilogy.

There's a lot in Winter Soldier that's paid off in the ending of Endgame. The song playing in Cap's apartment when he talks to Fury is the one he was dancing to with Peggy.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
What did you all think of Thor's decision to make Valkyrie the ruler of New Asgard?

You think he'd ever return there to help...everything about how they leave Thor is sorta up in the air.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
It's been about an hour since I watched it and I felt I've really taken it in now.
It was certainly quite an exciting cinematic experience. It's amazing this is how it all concluded. What a journey!

The beginning really picks up where the previous movie left off. How much of a different impression do you think Infinity War would have had if it ended with the beheading of Thanos after finding out the stones were destroyed? The first half or so of the movie was really somber with this world in ruin and everyone seemingly going their own ways.
There was a lot to keep track of during the whole time heist thing that probably would make more sense on a second viewing. But honestly, it all paid off. Seeing everyone come back for the final showdown with Captain America shouting "Avengers Assemble!" was epic! And the theater really got hyped up when Cap wielded the hammer. Then there was Tony Stark dying. It went against all my expectations since I was fully expecting him to get in the way of a resolution that helps everyone because he would lose what he has today. But watching Thanos and his army all vanish... wow, this is it.

The credits were a nice way to wrap all the movies, too. Everyone was credited with their character on-screen and the core Avengers team with their actor's signatures were a nice touch.

Just a fantastic experience all the way through!

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
House of M and Secret Wars are some pretty big storylines, and Galactus. And isn't there another big storylines involving the Annhilation ?

Annihilation is a big one that I expect they start building up with Guardians 3, then really kick off with a Nova movie.

I'm hoping they resurrect Thanos somehow because he was awesome in the Annihilation storyline.

We could also see Drax get his revenge :)

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
This was my experience of watching the film with farty mc fart and nacho lady. Had a good time still.

Things like this is why I won't sit directly next to strangers in a theater. If the theater is going to be full, I'll wait or sit in the front row.

In my showing at 9am, the first row was empty except me and that's fine by me. The rest was sold out.

One of the reason I love AMC and their app and being able to see which seats are sold. I'll even check it while in the theater just to see if I'm going to want to move.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
one thing that REALLY bothered me was the near shot-for-shot remake of Gamora's death with Black Widow.

The music, the camera shots, and even the way they depicted her corpse was exactly the same.
Was a weird choice.

Conversely one thing I loved was the near shot for shot remake of the elevator scene in Winter Soldier, only with the roles reversed. I was laughing so hard at how ridiculous that was and then capped off with the brilliant "Hail Hydra". One of the highlights of the movie for sure. This entire movie was a beautiful love letter to the MCU and its characters.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest revaluation was that Infinity War took place in 2014.

I just assumed MCU movies for the most part are set in the year they are released.

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Annihilation is a big one that I expect they start building up with Guardians 3, then really kick off with a Nova movie.

I'm hoping they resurrect Thanos somehow because he was awesome in the Annihilation storyline.

We could also see Drax get his revenge :)

If they bring back Thanos, I guess he'll have met Death and become obsessed.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I loved it so much, surprised to see people disappointed.

Some more Hulk Smashing would have been nice, but I love Professor Hulk too much.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
The more I think about this, the more I like how they resolve the snap.They could've just time travel, solve everything in the past and return to a present where everything is fine and no one remembers. But that would've cheapen the effect of the snap has on the universe.

I thought I can now skips future MCU --- or at least the first week, but this 5 years time jump really opens up alot of things for MCU. So I'm still in.

jackal27

Oct 25, 2017
Joplin, MO
one thing that REALLY bothered me was the near shot-for-shot remake of Gamora's death with Black Widow.

The music, the camera shots, and even the way they depicted her corpse was exactly the same.
Was a weird choice.

Conversely one thing I loved was the near shot for shot remake of the elevator scene in Winter Soldier, only with the roles reversed. I was laughing so hard at how ridiculous that was and then capped off with the brilliant "Hail Hydra". One of the highlights of the movie for sure. This entire movie was a beautiful love letter to the MCU and its characters.
"Hail Hydra" got me ALMOST as good as "I can do this all day" lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.