• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Hardest I laughed was Hulk going "SO MANY STAIRS". Something about the delivery was hysterical.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I don't feel like Steve would have the technical acumen to pull that off, but maybe you're right. lol
I think he does. He gave Sam the precise coordinates for entering Wakanda in Infinity War. Of course T'Challa would have given him those coordinates, but he's worked with it before. And they explain that with the gps they can tune in where to go.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Also my sibling says Gamora disappeared with the rest of Thanos's army but I'm pretty sure she just slunk away ofscreen. Which is it?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
this is madness..Can you point out which scene are you talking about that stands out in terms of soundtrack? IW was amazing

Even for you
Forge
Get that arm

For EG beside Portals soundtrack, nothing really stood out
I agree with him that I enjoyed the soundtrack in Endgame much more. From hearing new renditions of themes. I especially liked Portals, Whatever It Takes and The Real Hero.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also my sibling says Gamora disappeared with the rest of Thanos's army but I'm pretty sure she just slunk away ofscreen. Which is it?

I actually don't remember seeing her past the part where she meets Quill and is like "this is what I fall in love with?" and Nebula replies "it was either him or a tree."

I would assume she survives Stark's Snap since he didn't do what I thought he'd do (send everything back to its proper time) and instead seemed to specifically kill anyone that was a threat to Earth.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I was abit confused. When they fight Thanos they should beat him "easy"?
I mean he doesnt have the stones. Like none. That is what made him stronger and stronger in Infinity War. I mean Thor beat him almost when he had. Yet they couldnt kill them with everybody when he doesnt?

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I actually don't remember seeing her past the part where she meets Quill and is like "this is what I fall in love with?" and Nebula replies "it was either him or a tree."

I would assume she survives Stark's Snap since he didn't do what I thought he'd do (send everything back to its proper time) and instead seemed to specifically kill anyone that was a threat to Earth.
Yeah that sounds about right to me.
I just figured Tony sent her ass to the shadow realm with everyone else lol
That's what my sibling thought but then:
Star lord is searching for her on the map on the ship. It's implied she lived and slunk away.
So I ended up thinking "ah, I guess GotG3 is 'the search for Gamora'", lol.
It's pretty clear the next GotG movie will be them searching for Gamora and getting her back on the team.
Yeeeep!

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
One thing that bugs me - if they were gonna do this crazy kind of universe-altering mission, shouldn't they have seeked the cooperation of other planets/scientists in the galaxy? Xandarians, the Sovereign, etc

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I mean he doesnt have the stones. Like none. That is what made him stronger and stronger in Infinity War. I mean Thor beat him almost when he had. Yet they couldnt kill them with everybody when he doesnt?
Thanos whopped hulk's ass without using any stones

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England

i suppose the only logic is that in IW we never saw him fight without the stones, thus having no context how powerful he is when he really has to throw down unaided

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're falsely conflating the immediate shock of the snap (Hawkeye/Tony) to how people are coming to terms and attempting to move on 5 years later after the snap.

I'm not falsely doing anything. For me, these are all insights into what people trying to live a normal life in the MCU look like.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Apart from the pitch perfect final battle, the biggest smile on my face appeared when James D'Arcy's Jarvis from the Agent Carter TV show appeared. That'll only matter to a small portion of viewers, so it's great they did it.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that sounds about right to me. That's what my sibling thought but then:
So I ended up thinking "ah, I guess GotG3 is 'the search for Gamora'", lol. Yeeeep!
Oh yeah I thought he was looking for our Gamora in that scene but that makes sense. I wonder if they'll somehow transplant the original Gamora's soul into this one or something...

Oct 25, 2017
I dont think Cap had to travel back to our timeline necessarily, i think our Main Timeline happens to be one where cap went back in time. Old Cap then would be a slightly different cap than the one that went back in time. Same person basically with basically identical experiences, but our cap went back in time and landed on a slightly different parallel timeline, while this cap had come back in time and landed on our timeline from a very slightly different parallel one. In essence he was there in the background the whole time.

Granted I havent watched Agent Carter, and I know there is talk about Peggy having a husband, this theory assumes that husband was this cap all along.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
This alone is why all those people last year who said "These deaths are worthless because I know they're coming back" were dumb. I hope they're ashamed of their words and actions.

It's not IF they come back-it's HOW and WHY. It allows us to explore uncharted territory with these characters. There's some heartbreaking stuff in this movie and the movie ALWAYS makes you realize it's all about these characters first. Having them do a stop off in the 70s for Tony to meet his dad again was brilliant.
I was one of those people and while I don't think it's worked in IW, it definitely works in Endgame. And, yes being a dad myself Tony with his dad almost broke me.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how a Black Widow solo film is supposed to work now beyond either a prequel in this new uncertain timeline or just bringing her from the past like Gamora. Mixed feelings on how they put things back together in spite of ultimately liking the film, but it's still fresh in my mind since I just got back from it.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
Alright I'm just gonna say it.

Who cares. The why isn't important, the story isn't about the why, focusing on the why is dumb because that's not the intent of the scene.

The scene is to showcase that Cap has finally accepted he can have a life, that he can just be "Steve" and not "Captain America" and that he chose to do that after his friends made a sacrifice of his life in order for him to be able to do so.

The scene is thematically important, focusing on the nitpicky aspects of timeline management belies the point.

We really need to stop being so overly worried about plot structure in a visual medium when the intent is a thematic representation that uses the plot as a framing device for that theme.

THANK-YOU. Somebody needed to say it.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I don't think the stones are what made him physically stronger. The stones mattered when he used the stones (when they lit up and he used them). His brute strength displayed when he fucked up Hulk and threw people around after they tried to get the Gauntlet off of his hand in IW was his own strength. So no, beating him in a physical contest without the gauntlet would not be easy for anyone but Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel, both of which are stronger than Thanos (as demonstrated). He beats everyone else freely all on his own.

He didn't get to where he was by being physically weak.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Thanos whopped hulk's ass without using any stones

Yes but that doesnt explain it everything. He had stones already then.

i suppose the only logic is that in IW we never saw him fight without the stones, thus having no context how powerful he is when he really has to throw down unaided

That could be true. Maybe it was all "in his head". Maybe knowing the future now that he did it, unlocked the potential in him without stones.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Thanos was a great villain.

I'm going to miss him. He had so many comebacks during the battle, I thought he was going to do the 100% snap at the end there and rip everyone's heart out again.

He died a good death too. Not sad or pathetic or some bullshit.

Just sat down and ashed.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017

That could be true. Maybe it was all "in his head". Maybe knowing the future now that he did it, unlocked the potential in him without stones.
Stones aren't like the comics, you have to actively use them to get their power. He also wasn't pissed off in IW

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
One thing that bugs me - if they were gonna do this crazy kind of universe-altering mission, shouldn't they have seeked the cooperation of other planets/scientists in the galaxy? Xandarians, the Sovereign, etc
Xandar got ravaged by Thanos, Sovereign is such a hive mind that the snap probably didn't effect their society too much unless the leaders all got snapped and they probably don't care about anyone else. I assume like Xandar, most everywhere else got fucked up or isn't advanced enough.
Not sure how a Black Widow solo film is supposed to work now beyond either a prequel in this new uncertain timeline or just bringing her from the past like Gamora. Mixed feelings on how they put things back together in spite of ultimately liking the film, but it's still fresh in my mind since I just got back from it.
I believe they've said it's a prequel already. Might be wrong on that though.
Oh yeah I thought he was looking for our Gamora in that scene but that makes sense. I wonder if they'll somehow transplant the original Gamora's soul into this one or something...
Yeah, I wonder if they'll just rebuild Gamora's relationship with everyone or if they'll transplant her soul in like you said.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
endgame's most powerful message is that you can be a literal rat that eats garbage and still manage to lead to something wonderful

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
He had the power stone and didn't use it when fighting Hulk. He only used it to blow up the ship.

It seems there is a misunderstanding here, that simply having the gauntlet on with some stones in it granted him more physical strength. That's not what was happening in the movies. He was using his natural physical strength in fights, and activating the stones during battles as needed/desired to alter/control reality, destroy things, intimidate, teleport, etc.

There where post credit scenes? My theatre cut the movie early :(
no, there were not.

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
Underrated tiny moment (I feel like the big ones have been covered in a lot of depth already)

- Thanos tearing off the power stone, holding it in his fist, and then using that to punch an Avenger the fuck out.

Between that and showing the effect the Snap had on Hulk, Thanos is a certified badass.

Edit: It also makes me with we got more Infinity Stone-related action beats. Although between the two movies we got loads, and it's hard to have anything to nitpick about Endgame's climax, so eh.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Another thing. I felt Captain Marvel was underused. Maybe because she just got her movie they didnt want to give here to much screentime. Overall she felt the odd one out also. Maybe she is.
But she came and went.

Status
Not open for further replies.