• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I want to think that between the second snap and when tony/cap/thor faces thanos was much more time than just minutes.

But again, when you can open a portal and say "wong, gather all the sorcerers and pick up everybody in wakanda / new asgard" its not THAT hard to believe.

Because it wasn't just Wong and the sorcerers quickly pushing people through portals. It was literally everyone from the mcu. Everyone that's been gone for 5 years along with everyone that's been around. Everyone geared up and ready to go. No time for joyous hugs that their loved ones returned. No time to strategize. No time for talk. The writers just needed everyone there. And while I still quite loved the scene and Caps line, it's entirely poorly orchestrated and my suspension of disbelief was shattered. I would've liked far more time in between the Hulk snap and the final show down. The surprise that everyone's here to back up Cap was beautiful. But I would've absolutely written it differently. Personally I would've just had the dusted team that was on Titan make their return at that moment. Not every single person ever.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Thinking about it more and Carol is such a loose cannon that doesn't follow orders it was probably best they didn't bring her into the time heist.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
After sleeping on it, the thing I really want to go back to see the film again for is the part in the 70s when Steve is in Peggy's office and sees the picture of himself. The part of me that over thinks things thinks there's a chance he noticed something about the picture that lets him know a closed time loop allows him to go back and spend his life with her.

I want to rewatch the part where Tony look surprised when Howard tells him his wife is pregnant. I found that weird.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
What about if fury knew all along and helped Cap to keep a secret identity? That also makes a contradiction with Fury unfreezing cap and not knowing the hydra plot in Winter Soldier, but we can also think that cap not told fury about everything so dont change the timeline.

It's really complicated lol.

Omg. Lol!

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
But he really goes back in time until 1945? We dont know that either. We dont know when Peggy married also. We dont know in what year Peggy recorded that tape we saw in Winter Soldier when she said "Steve Rogers saved a bunch of people, included the one that became my husband"

The movie closed the more important circle of the franchise, but left open a lot, a lot of secondary circles lmao.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Saw it last night. Fantastic movie! It seems like an impossible task to close out such a stretch of films and have it feel satisfying but they did it. It's an exhausting film but that's exactly what I wanted an expected. It's also very interesting where they go next because undoubtedly things that happened in this movie will have far reaching ramifications. The Infinity Saga was something else. I don't know how they top this but I'm excited to see them try.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Because it wasn't just Wong and the sorcerers quickly pushing people through portals. It was literally everyone from the mcu. Everyone that's been gone for 5 years along with everyone that's been around. Everyone geared up and ready to go. No time for joyous hugs that their loved ones returned. No time to strategize. No time for talk. The writers just needed everyone there. And while I still quite loved the scene and Caps line, it's entirely poorly orchestrated and my suspension of disbelief was shattered. I would've liked far more time in between the Hulk snap and the final show down. The surprise that everyone's here to back up Cap was beautiful. But I would've absolutely written it differently. Personally I would've just had the dusted team that was on Titan make their return at that moment. Not every single person ever.

This is peak nitpicking yourself into feeling negative.

And I'm glad you weren't the writer on this movie.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about the płot of this movie the more it falls apart for me. Reminds me when in Looper Bruce Willis had basically tell the audience "STOP THINKING ABOUT PLOTHOLES OF TIME TRAVEL YOU FUCKER".

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Why did America's ass not give his shield to his oldest friend Bucky?
I think its implied Steve had already told Bucky of his plan to not come back immediately and probably about passing on the mantle. Bucky seemed like the only one aware Steve wasnt coming back and he prompted Sam to go and speak to the guy on the bench. Basically I think Cap and Bucky had already agreed it would go to Sam.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Or...

Everyone was in battle mode the moment they got snapped, so they re-appeared in that same state. They also understand super hero shit being super heroes, so a quick portal appearing and a few minutes of "this is what happened, we need you now, we can process it after!" would be all they needed.

Honestly, I do feel like most of these "messy" elements are just standard fare for the franchise, and they're just more apparent here because there are more per minute due to so much happening.

Like... all of these things fit into the established super fantastic world.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
By the way, Thanos has supposedly killed 50% of all people but in the movie the streets are so empty it looks like he killed 90+%. They took it too far
Nah, the movie didn't take it too far at all. 50% of humanity being deleted would be a huge, cataclysmic event that would pretty much put the world to a standstill. The movie did a good job portraying that. I was actually pleasently surprised by how destructive Thanos' snap was shown to be, I was mildly afraid that they wouldn't.

Dilly

Oct 26, 2017
Why are we discussing paradoxes in a movie that explicitly states that each point in time is an alternate universe with no bearing on the others?

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Why did America's ass not give his shield to his oldest friend Bucky?

Probably he tought Sam's ass is more fitting for the title than bucky's

Now serious: Bucky had a really though life. Just now his mind is "cured" thanks to wakandan tech, so giving him the burden of being the new captain america probably was too much for broken bucky.

Also, Bucky admires steve the man, Sam idolizes Captain America the soldier, so he is more fitting for the role.

I think its implied Steve had already told Bucky of his plan to not come back immediately and probably about passing on the mantle. Bucky seemed like the only one aware Steve wasnt coming back and he prompted Sam to go and speak to the guy on the bench. Basically I think Cap and Bucky had already agreed it would go to Sam.

And also this.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Or...

Everyone was in battle mode the moment they got snapped, so they re-appeared in that same state. They also understand super hero shit being super heroes, so a quick portal appearing and a few minutes of "this is what happened, we need you now, we can process it after!" would be all they needed.

Would love that too be the case since time didn't seem to pass for those dusted. But the ones who didn't were ready to go too. It just didn't work for me and took me out of the moment unfortunately.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm sorry did you just accuse me not enjoying logic because I said you nitpicked a comic book movie to thew point where oyu got mad that all the heroes showed up at the end?

I'm saying I didn't like the way the writers wrote the story here. Not mad at anything and I still liked the movie enough for it to make me smile.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Loved it so much. Theres so many wonderful moments throughout. Girl power moment, Banner Hulk reveal, fat Thor just being awesome, Cap grabbing the hammer and having an AMAZING fighting style with that and his shield, the portals showing up and Black Panther walks out, the gauntlet relay through the battle field, there's just so much!

Then the emotional moments, pretty much anything with Morgan but especially when she was sitting with Happy, 😢, old man Cap reveal, Peter and Tony reuniting and hugging, and then when Peter finds him after 😢

I'm ready for the next Guardians/Thor movie! We are going again Sunday afternoon and I'm so excited.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Wong arranged the reinforcements. Probably some BTTF2 scenario, before the snap Strange telling him on this date and time have everyone ready to go.

Oct 27, 2017
The scene between Tony and his dad gets surprisingly little recognition. I would have hated it if it didn't come after 20 movies but it did work in this context.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Would love that too be the case since time didn't seem to pass for those dusted. But the ones who didn't were ready to go too. It just didn't work for me and took me out of the moment unfortunately.
There was more than enough time for all that to happen via super hero shit in the time between the snap returning and them appearing on the battlefield. We've seen far more fantastic things multiple times throughout the franchise than some expert portal management and quick rallying of heroes.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I'm saying I didn't like the way the writers wrote the story here.

Because you're nitpicking to the nth degree.... Literally you proposed solution was "not have everyone show up"

It's not even that hard to understand.

Strange put this entire thing into play the moment he saw the path and gave up the time stone.He knew he was coming back, he saw it all... He comes back bam, everything goes into motion.... It's not rocket science.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Thanos mentioned he destroyed the infinity stones in the present timeline, so yeah it's weird, how the universe is going to be balanced now? If I remember correctly the Ancient one said that if you remove ONE of the stone the timeline is unbalanced, but what if there are no stones? Is this an issue?
Removing the stone isn't the same as destroying. Stones are cosmic energy created out of big bang, their destruction means they can't be used but their energy still exists in the universe cause entropy. Removing it entirely means that energy doesn't exist anymore and would cause an understandable divergence in timeline.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The movies are never going to acknowledge Coulson's survival in AoS. It's silly to assume Endgame would change that.
He couldn't be at the funeral, cause he's dead. He didn't take the Centipede serum that could have fixed him, and instead he lived out his remaining days before the deal he made with Ghost Rider ended him in 2018.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Because you're nitpicking to the nth degree.... Literally you proposed solution was "not have everyone show up"

Strange put this entire thing into play the moment he saw the path and gave up the time stone.He knew he was coming back, he saw it all... He comes back bam, everything goes into motion.... It's not rocket science.

I wonder how much of a leap of faith it was for Strange. You have to assume that a lot of those 14 million futures he saw had Tony living and the dusting occur but them still losing.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

He saw it all and never shared that information with anyone else. You accuse me of belittling you yet here you are saying it's not rocket science when I can say the same to you.
It's ok if I didn't like the thing you did.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Where's the idea of the Ancient One doubting Strange coming from? The only reason she even gave the stone to Banner, was because he told her Strange knew it was the only way forward. If anything, it shows she trusts him.

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
Probably he tought Sam's ass is more fitting for the title than bucky's

Now serious: Bucky had a really though life. Just now his mind is "cured" thanks to wakandan tech, so giving him the burden of being the new captain america probably was too much for broken bucky.

Also, Bucky admires steve the man, Sam idolizes Captain America the soldier, so he is more fitting for the role.
Yup. And I think Cap knew he couldn't pass the mantle to someone responsible for so many assassinations close to the team, regardless of the Hydra brainwashing. His rescue and deprogramming of the Winter Soldier was only tolerated by the Avengers, they weren't exactly huge fans of it.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
He saw it all and never shared that information with anyone else. You accuse me of belittling you yet here you are saying it's not rocket science when I can say the same to you.
It's ok if I didn't like the thing you did.

Yes?

He didn't

That's exactly correct.... because he literally says if he tells anyone the path he saw doesn't happen.

Tony outright asks him to tell him what will happen and he says if I tell you it won't happen.

F-Pina

Nerd Monkeys
Verified
Nov 3, 2017
Lisbon
Liked it and loved that they did all these movies to get here but, for me, Infinity War is the better movie of the two.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
There was more than enough time for all that to happen via super hero shit in the time between the snap returning and them appearing on the battlefield. We've seen far more fantastic things multiple times throughout the franchise than some expert portal management and quick rallying of heroes.

That super hero comic book magic is exactly why I was able to gloss over it all and still enjoy the final battle. However, I still really wanted more screen time with certain characters. One good rocket groot dual attack would've been awesome. Or a Cap Bucky special move.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Yes but he saw possible futures. If anything when he gives him the 1 sign it could indicate that it's finally the time he knows that this is that future.

The only reality where Strange gives up the time stone willingly was the one where they win, that's the only reason he does it.

Strange knew, he always knew. He couldn't speak of it or it wouldn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.