• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Where do we stand now with Josh Brolin is Thanos now we've lived his arc?

The gravitas in his delivery for me was rarely anything less than amazing, will be a shame to never see him again but his death does need to stick obviously.

But bravo on such a thrilling turn from me. Of course guys like the trinity will take the headlines, but Thanos is great in my opinion.

Agreed 100%

The way he delivers his lines is just so fuckin menacing in such a subtle sort of way, but you know he isn't fucking around. I absolutely loved him in both movies. Sort of surprised to see some folks just kind of thought he was there in this one compared to the last one. Dude did a great job with the role

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
What an insane film, I couldn't believe my eyes when everyone showed up.

Five years passing for everyone is really... wow. I'm surprised that's their resolution, that still leaves a lot of ruined lives having to pick up the pieces.

Things I don't get: Loki just peaceing out after picking up the Tesseract? WTF? Doesn't that screw things up royally?

And how did future Nebula not die after shooting herself in the chest?

I guess the short answer is 'it's not like Back to the Future', or else everything would be effed up the moment Thanos went to the future.

I loved that Captain Marvel on full tilt still couldn't take on Thanos, it was amazing.

Scarlet Witch was putting up a better fight, and I loved it. She was insane.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not a deal breaker, but was Bucky aware of Steve's plan at the end? His delivery suggested so, but when he originally turned around he seemed surprised?
I'm convinced that he did. He says"I'm going to miss you" as they're saying goodbyes, and afterwards when Bruce and Sam are still panicking over Cap not coming back, he immediately knows to look around instead.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
How exact is Cap going to return the soul stone?

Like is he really just going to hand it over to red skull and have him reset the sacrifice ritual?

Waiting on that 3 hour 20 minute directors cut.

Seriously, he's got to come across him somehow on Voromir. What the hell does that scene even look like? "Oh, it's you."

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
fat thor was a good gag, but i can't believe they lepy him that way the whole movie. it kind of made him a joke.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Five years passing for everyone is really... wow. I'm surprised that's their resolution, that still leaves a lot of ruined lives having to pick up the pieces.

Things I don't get: Loki just peaceing out after picking up the Tesseract? WTF? Doesn't that screw things up royally?
They went further back in time to get the stone before all of that shenanigans (remember the 70s scene?)

I loved that Captain Marvel on full tilt still couldn't take on Thanos, it was amazing.

She 100% wasn't full tilt. There was no Binary form Captain Marvel to be found on screen. And without using the Power stone to get her off of him, Thanos was about to get fucked up. I'm pretty sure she was going to pull his thumb and pinky finger smooth off.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
How exactly is Cap going to return the soul stone?

Like is he really just going to hand it over to red skull and have him reset the sacrifice ritual?

It's implied that he was warped to the past and has always been there. He's had a lot of time to think, and I imagine he and Cap had a long talk when Cap shwoed up.

As for resetting the ritual, I don't think Cap or Red Skull has a say in that. It's the way it is.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Okay so wait, I have some questions.

Is the allusion that cap marrys peggy? Is sharon his grand daughter then? How would she not know?

Also again, the shield feels like a paradox, because everything had to return to where it was. So he cant take his unbroken shield from the past because then it would have been missing for him during the events of the MCU movies.

Someone help me out here.
Thor took his hammer from the past as well. This movie makes no sense if you think about it. Like all time travel movies.

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
I think I was one of the few clapping in my theater when Captain Marvel had the gauntlet and she got back up from Valkyria, Hope, Shuri... shit all the ladies on the squad. That was magic.

Loved it. Probably will see this movie again during a time when there isn't so much traffic in the theater.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Just got out. Not sure how I feel about the film. I know I liked Infinity War a lot more. All I wanted to do after IW was watch it again and again. I'm not sure I'll watch this again in the theaters.

I don't even disagree with most of the decisions in the film, ie Cap, Tony, etc. Fine decisions that did right by the characters. I just felt the execution was off throughout the film.

None of the time travel stuff made sense. In Ant-Man films, Janet is lost in the Quantum Realm for like 12+ years yet ages at the same rate as Hank. In this film, Scott is in the Quantum Realm for 5 hours and 5 years passes in the main reality. Steve goes back and lives decades of life while only 5 seconds passes in the main reality. None of it is consistent. And somehow Thanos brings in an entire army of thousands through the Quantum Tunnel? With one vial of Pym Particles? What?

Not excited about Sam as the new Captain America. I don't feel he brings much to the table and honestly not sure how it's going to work. He's just a normal guy. No enhancements, mutations, etc. And he's going to be on a team with people like Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange?

Not thrilled that Thor is now getting the Hulk treatment of being a comical side character.

The pacing was off throughout the first 2/3 of the film, and some scenes were just unnecessary (ie, losing the Space Stone and having to go back to 1970).

Deleted member 3758

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the film The Big Lebowski exists in the MCU, does that mean there's some sort of Last Action Hero moment where Jeff Bridges runs into Obadiah Stane in the 90s?

Oct 26, 2017
Thor took his hammer from the past as well. This movie makes no sense if you think about it. Like all time travel movies.

Cap returned the hammer when he was returning the stones though, he had it with him. He was suppose to basically bring them all back right at the point they were taken, so that Thor was probably confused for about 5-10 minutes. The only thing that doesn't necessarily work is Old Cap still being in the same timeline, unless he used whatever pym particles he had left with his suit and somehow got back.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If a better cinematic payoff is possible, I'm incapable of imagining it right now.

This has been the ride of a lifetime.

Sturoboros

Oct 27, 2017
Loved the interchange between Howard and Tony too. I'm currently fighting cancer, and watching with my son, that whole exchange was just so beautiful to watch. Hope it resonated with others too. My boy reaching out to hold my hand just broke me.

Now, when Tony was questioning how far gone the pregnancy was, it WAS about Tony, not some other sibling right?

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I suppose the soul stone doesn't really have to be returned. Not like it was doing anything there.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Ok I'm a dc fans and haven't been too hot about marvel movies but this was incredible .
Probably the best marvel movie yet . Best superhero movie, second best comic book movie. You cannot top this. It's all downhill from here

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Look, you only bring Adam Warlock in for one reason and it is shenanigans

We're getting some soul shenanigans in GOTG3

Deleted member 3758

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cap returned the hammer when he was returning the stones though, he had it with him. The only thing that doesn't necessarily work is Old Cap still being in the same timeline, unless he used whatever pym particles he had left with his suit and somehow got back.

2014 is all sorts of screwed up. Thanos got a hold of the Pym particle. Uhhh. I guess Red Skull could get Nat's Pym Particle if he floats down to the bottom of the cliff.

Last edited:

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Way off topic, but they need cap and tony if they ever want to do time runs out/secret wars lol.

That might be too much to put in film form tho, that whole series of events would take like 5 avengers movies.
Not necessarily, the key players really are Reed and Doom. But the incursion idea is high cinematic sci-fiction that is perfectly suited for MCU. That's a discussion to be tabled for a much later time though.
Pretty much this, all you need is Reed and especially Doom.

With the whole Loki thing and Ancient One saying she made a mistake choosing Doctor Strange, that whole Timeline might be split for an alternate reality for the secret wars to begin a basis for as one of the realities they could fight. We have old man Cap who can still play a role, and the MCU could reintroduce an alternate reality Tony Stark if they really wanted too.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to find out the Secret Wars will be the next big conclusion (like Infinity War and End Game) to the next set of phases for the MCU. I mean we are getting The Eternals that will tie into the gods of the MCU. So the Living Tribunal and all those crazy otherworldly characters are considered the start of the next phase of the MCU isn't a stretch of a thought. All the cards on the table right now are pointing at the Secret Wars right now.

Last edited:

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

I guess the short answer is 'it's not like Back to the Future', or else everything would be effed up the moment Thanos went to the future.

Basically, once Cap returned the stones, the timeline was brought back to normal. The only loose end is, indeed, Loki and the space stone, so that leaves that particular timeline in an odd place. I'm betting that's what the Loki TV show us going to be about.

But yeah, they explicitly make a point that time travel isn't like BTTF. The moment past Nebula makes the choices she makes, she becomes a different person. We get a new timeline alongside the old one, solely because of the future Avengers appearing. So that's why Nebula could kill her past self.

Once Cap restored the power stone to Morag, events proceeded to unfurl back as they originally planned.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Sharon is Peggy's niece him hooking up with Peggy doesn't directly effect her existence(I mean it can indirectly tho). Correct me if I'm wrong but in the MCU Peggy has no offsprings herself

Yeah I totally misremembered that, im gonna fix that post now

And then there's all this shit. Wtf! Lol

I got the peggy thing wrong , she was an aunt or great aunt. So its fine

He could also just have asked for another shield from Wakanda before leaving. Not like the funeral took place that quickly after the battle.

Seems like it's pretty shorly after, almost implied it's the funeral day based on everyones clothes and the location.

Actually, why does he need to return the shield? It's not like he took both shields with him.

Not sure what this means. Theres one shield. He didnt bring the broken one to the past, and now shows up with one, which would mean the one that broke wasnt around to be used.

Cap brought the hammer back to when it was taken, thats why he takes it with him.

Sturoboros

Oct 27, 2017
If a better cinematic payoff is possible, I'm incapable of imagining it right now.

This has been the ride of a lifetime.
I walked out thinking I could easily walk away from the MCU knowing they can't possibly top that in future.

I mean clearly I won't, but that's the sort of bow the Russos have put on this thing with Endgame.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cap returned the hammer when he was returning the stones though, he had it with him. The only thing that doesn't necessarily work is Old Cap still being in the same timeline, unless he used whatever pym particles he had left with his suit and somehow got back.

He lived through it all I think, the super soldier serum is supposed to extend your natural life span too.

Cap could easily reach 150.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

She was whooping his ass until he used the power stone.

Oct 26, 2017
2014 is all sorts of screwed up. Thanos got a hold of the Pym particle. Uhhh. I guess Red Skull could get Scarlett Witch's Pym Particle if he floats down to the bottom of the cliff.

2014 in that timeline sure, but it isn't for the main one technically. Also you need the device to make it work anyway, Different timeline 2014 Nebula took the Main Nebula's bracelet.

Status
Not open for further replies.