• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So I wonder if the Disney+ series is now "Captain America and Winter Soldier"? Or do they keep the "Falcon and Winter Soldier" name?

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Tony figuring out Time Travel in a few hours on a lazy Sunday afternoon is the best part of the movie.

Sturoboros

Oct 27, 2017
Where do we stand now with Josh Brolin is Thanos now we've lived his arc?

The gravitas in his delivery for me was rarely anything less than amazing, will be a shame to never see him again but his death does need to stick obviously.

But bravo on such a thrilling turn from me. Of course guys like the trinity will take the headlines, but Thanos is great in my opinion.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone describe how Smart Hulk described time travel? I couldn't make out what he fully said about the rules.

Basically, every change creates a new timeline, it doesn't affect the current one. So the perfect example is Nebula killing her past self. It didn't kill her future self in this timeline, it just created a new timeline branching off in the past.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
My theater cheered at:

Hail hydra

Captain America with hammer

Spider man returns

I was kinda surprised no one cheered for the marvel women part

Odd part of my viewing was someone bought his funkos to the viewing

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where do we stand now with Josh Brolin is Thanos now we've lived his arc?

The gravitas in his delivery for me was rarely anything less than amazing, will be a shame to never see him again but his death does need to stick obviously.

But bravo on such a thrilling turn from me. Of course guys like the trinity will take the headlines, but Thanos is great in my opinion.

Incredible performance in both movies.

Sturoboros

Oct 27, 2017
Not a deal breaker, but was Bucky aware of Steve's plan at the end? His delivery suggested so, but when he originally turned around he seemed surprised?

So many questions.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
I was so happy to see Wanda really pop off at the end there. Her powers are so potentially devastating, but we haven't really seen her do anything too interesting or powerful with them yet, so it was nice seeing her kick the shit out of Thanos for a few moments.

Sad that Rhodey didn't get the same opportunity. I thought he'd finally get to really let loose and do some OP shit with his new nano-tech War Machine suit. The subtle nod between him and Carol was a nice touch though.

my brain is fried whats the nod? wanda and rhodey are two of my favorites lol

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Hail Hydra" was such a good moment, I also love how they set up that scene to make it seem like "Winter Solider Elevator Scene 2.0" was about to happen, even mimicking the shots and character placements.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Sharon is Peggy's niece

So Cap going back has no effect on that

And there's no reason to think the unbroken shield is from the past. They have a near-limitless supply of Vibranium from Wakanda, they can just make a new shield.

Youre the second one to say this about wakanda.

Cap just revealed himself from the past. Are you suggesting his old ass makes his way to wakanda, and reveals himself to BP/Shuri and makes sure they say nothing and make him a new shield and then he gets back to the moment he hands this off.

This seems impossible and weird.

Sharon is Peggy's niece him hooking up with Peggy doesn't directly effect her existence(I mean it can indirectly tho). Correct me if I'm wrong but in the MCU Peggy has no offsprings herself

Makes more sense and yeah I misremembered that

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I will surprised that one shot to the chest could actually kill past Nebula considering all we've seen her survive.

Sturoboros

Oct 27, 2017
"Hail Hydra" was such a good moment, I also love how they set up that scene to make it seem like "Winter Solider Elevator Scene 2.0" was about to happen, even mimicking the shots and character placements.
That whole segment of the film was beautiful, so many callbacks, was like seeing your favourite band get back together.

Guessing Natalie Portman's role was from the cutting room floor in Dark World but it was still nice to see her feature.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
I'll say it, I think Cap was better and more creative with Mjolnir than Thor ever was. Being able to do lightning combos within 30 seconds of ever using the thing, but multiple double strikes with the shield.

Cap tossing the shield behind Thanos, and bouncing Mjolnir off it, to hit thanos in the back...

giphy.gif

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay so wait, I have some questions.

Is the allusion that cap marrys peggy? Is sharon his grand daughter then? How would she not know?

Also again, the shield feels like a paradox, because everything had to return to where it was. So he cant take his unbroken shield from the past because then it would have been missing for him during the events of the MCU movies.

Someone help me out here.

And then there's all this shit. Wtf! Lol

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Youre the second one to say this about wakanda.

Cap just revealed himself from the past. Are you suggesting his old ass makes his way to wakanda, and reveals himself to BP/Shuri and makes sure they say nothing and make him a new shield and then he gets back to the moment he hands this off.

This seems impossible and weird.

He could also just have asked for another shield from Wakanda before leaving. Not like the funeral took place that quickly after the battle.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The scene with Thor and his mother was a gut punch. Hemsworth and Renee Russo knocked it out of the park. I don't get why some people think Thor was "ruined" or was a joke because he had one of the most poignant scenes in the film. This is a man who lost everything and believed himself a failure. His guilt destroyed him. I think he has a great from Ragnarok to infinity war to Endgame.

Oct 27, 2017
How exactly is Cap going to return the soul stone?

Like is he really just going to hand it over to red skull and have him reset the sacrifice ritual?

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Can someone describe how Smart Hulk described time travel? I couldn't make out what he fully said about the rules.

I think it was something along the lines of if you go back to a past point in time, that's now your future, and the present becomes your past. And when you come back it's still your past, and the point you exit out of and onward is still the future. Basically reinforcing the idea of a closed loop where you aren't actually changing the past/future.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so wait, I have some questions.

Is the allusion that cap marrys peggy? Is sharon his grand daughter then? How would she not know?

Also again, the shield feels like a paradox, because everything had to return to where it was. So he cant take his unbroken shield from the past because then it would have been missing for him during the events of the MCU movies.

Someone help me out here.

Actually, why does he need to return the shield? It's not like he took both shields with him.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'll say it, I think Cap was better and more creative with Mjolnir than Thor ever was. Being able to do lightning combos within 30 seconds of ever using the thing, but multiple double strikes with the shield.

Cap tossing the shield behind Thanos, and bouncing Mjolnir off it, to hit thanos in the back...

giphy.gif
Thor was pretty wild in the original Thor movie when he fought on Loki's origin planet. He didn't need a shield to bounce Mjolnir off of because he could throw curveballs, send and return it at will.

Make no mistake: Nobody swings that shit like Thor. But Cap def made the most of his opportunity.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so fucking happy to see Wanda using her powers and fucking laying pipe! Thanos was fucked if he didn't call for air support.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think the Top 5 pops in my theater:
  1. Cap finally lifting and using the hammer
  2. Black Panther and Spider-Man showing up
  3. Carol busting in on the scene and no selling to Thanos
  4. Pepper Potts showing up in the suit lol
  5. Thor wielding both Mjolnir and Stormbreaker. It was when you knew things were about to get real.
  • Honorable Mention: Tony with the Iron Gauntlet
The Fortnite scene got a chuckle from some people in the audience and that was it. Didn't go further than that, no pop (thank you, humanity).

Overall, I don't think I felt this way since maybe Revenge of the Sith where all of the time investment put into watching every film in a franchise was summed up so nicely and to that, felt like it held some worth. But at this level? Hell, even Thor The Dark World got love. The magnitude and payoff was incredible.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine how confusing life is about to get for the Cap in that dimension, not only does he have an idea that Bucky is alive, but Hydra thinks he's one of their agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.