• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2018
So awesome. So many good things to say. Definitely the best Avengers film. So damn good.

I'd be posting all night if I talked about it all. A few nitpicky things, but fuck it. That movie made me happy.

My crowd had a good time, too. Very lively, lots of cheering and laughing and some sniffles. Nothing disrespectful.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In Infinity War, Thanos tells Stark he's also cursed with knowledge. I thought they were going to pull some "this is always how it was supposed to happen" deal when Thanos was going through Nebula's memories.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
its sad to say that fortnite got one of the big cheers from my crowd. Nowhere near cap using the hammer or I am iron man, but it was up there.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what scene got the biggest reaction from your theater?

Mine was cap wielding the hammer. Got a cheer from my crowd(myself included.)

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Question how does everyone feel about falcon as the new CAP I feel like the ugly side of the world prob hated that because ahem well skin color

I feel like Bucky has been set up better, because Bucky has a character. Sam is pretty much like Rhody in that he's been little more than the main guy's sidekick.

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
I just wanna say it's gonna be a long time before I have a cheeseburger. As the father of a 5 year old that scene hurt me a lot. I be sad 😞

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God fucking damn what a climax that was.

What a way to send off 10 years of work.

That was just all around brilliant.

I'm still processing what I just saw, and I can't sleep because of it lol.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Russo's did an amazing job justifying why Doctor Strange had to protect Tony in Infinity War.

Tony was essential to the plot of this movie.
1) perfected the time travel
2) figured out an alternate plan to get the space and mind stones
3) developed the Infinity Gauntlet 2.0
4) and of course, the snap

Additionally, there was a huge amount of risk added to Strange's decision as an even worse outcome was possible, had Thanos wiped out all of life and created his own reality.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure I like that ... Cap just riding out the entirety of the MCU run as an old geezer in the background because, he knows they win in the end?

How does he know what not to do to trigger a new timeline, and not spoil his sunset appearance? Do the time travel rules only apply when the stones are involved?

I'm not gonna try to make sense of it. Fuck it. Let it be. Lol

Well, if you want to let it go, that's fine, but I think it makes as much sense as this could.

Everything we've seen in all of these movies is happening with the presence of an old Steve Rogers in the background, having a simple white-picket life. So he wouldn't exactly need to fear stepping on any butterflies. All he needs to do is not do something that would directly alter his own past experiences to avoid branching the timeline.

Which explains why he HAS to stay out of it, but also, he can live with that because he knows it works out.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
That was hands down my favorite scene. It didn't seem cheesy it was so bad ass!!

Question how does everyone feel about falcon as the new CAP I feel like the ugly side of the world prob hated that because ahem well skin color
So happy about that

Symbolically it's nice having a black Captain America and Bucky did way too much bad stuff even if it wasn't out of his own free will for me to be able to accept him as Captain America.

Hopefully they just let Anthony Mackie be Anthony Mackie in the future, he and Spider-Man would work well together.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. That exceeded my wildest dreams.

A couple of issues, though. Have they decided to just make Hulk fundamentally useless? Professor stole the show, and then he does jack shit in the final battle or any other fight. No revenge for getting absolutely linked by Thanos?
They might have things written about merging his personalities that were cut and might be explored in a prequel or future Marvel movie. Nonetheless, Hulk has been neutered in the MCU for a while now, one of his best stories World War Hulk was tied into Ragnarok and downplayed for a small scale comedy. In the current Marvel Universe most of his stories worked because he wasn't part of the Avengers yet, he was a rogue entity that Bruce had to struggle with. If Hulk came back in the full now there are still no consequences because everyone knows Bruce is still in there and Hulk is still friends with everyone in some way. We just got to accept Hulk still plays his character, but his popular stories and character elements will never be connected to the MCU as long his rights are held by another company. Though I'd argue with Nat gone, there is nothing to calm Hulk down back to Bruce if the situation came up. And we still have the possibility of some popular moments happening like Thor Vs The Thing and the return of Red Hulk into the MCU if the Thunderbolts movie happens.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm actually interested if sales for Marvel movies will ever reach another Evans/Downey high lol. I still can't quite wrap my head around them being gone, even if I was prepared for it (and both had a great series exit).

"I am Iron Man" goddamnit.

Captain Marvel and Black Panther both made a billion dollars

Marvel is going to keep printing money

really? lol.

you guys are killing me. lol

I was that kid obsessed with Marvel comics. I've been crying on and off since all the heroes came out of the portals.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
its sad to say that fortnite got one of the big cheers from my crowd. Nowhere near cap using the hammer or I am iron man, but it was up there.

In my screening nobody cheered when fortnite showed up, but went absolutely insane when cap got the hammer, like the loudest I've ever heard a movie theater crowd, even more so than when Thor came in with Stormbreaker for the first time in IW.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Isn't there a Black Widow movie in the works? Made her "death" not that impactful.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Yes!!! The absolute power in her presence there, it was incredible. Also shows how much Wanda has learned to control her emotions and power.

In previous movies when she was upset or enraged, she would lash out and often create a worse situation for herself and her allies. But she had full control in that moment.

Well we kind of need her to still be sad, depressed, and out of control so that they can do House of M in the future.

It's not happening but one can dream lol.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Can we talk about how Noobslayer69 got owned by Thor through the mic?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man

Still need to process and rewatch, initial thoughts:

- Infinity War was better. Like the Empire to Endgame's Jedi
- Old man Cap looked like George Bush and it was creeping me out
- I think Cap and Tony will be back. Time travel just opened up a whole new can of worms for this entire universe

Overall I enjoyed it but it wasn't euphoria like I felt coming out of Civil War or Infinity War. Felt they dropped the ball on Hulk especially.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Other moments people went absolutely crazy:

When Cap finally said it, Avengers Assemble! oh my fucking god

And of course, I am Iron Man!

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I got cheers for Hammercap, Hero portals and Marvel showing up destroying the big ship. It was great, over here (Germany) you never get this shit in regular showings. And the crowd wasn't annoying at all.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, what a ride.

That was amazing, those three hours flew by. Theatre was PACKED, never seen so many people.

I think it's best not to overthink the time travel. Time travel plots never make sense.

Biggest laughs in the theatre: Hulk Banner and Thor Lebowski
Biggest hype moment: Captain America wielding fucking Mjolnir. That was CRAZY. Crowd went wild.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Movie was fucking amazing!

Trying to not think about the old cap scene though. Feel like they shoulda just let him come back in the suit but as a old man ... be like "Hey, I lived my life with Peggy ... and when she died I knew it was time to come back here".

That's pretty desperate logic man.

Thanos just successfully took on Thor, Iron Man and Cap with Mjolnir by himself. The man knocked Hulk unconcious without the Stones in use. He desperately had to pull a stone out of his gauntlet and put on his body to do anything to Carol.
Yeah, I feel like Female presence in this was in many ways a middle finger to certain people.

Of ALL the characters the 2 that did the most against Thanos in a 1v1 was SW ripping him up so much he calls for a scorched earth "kill everything, IDGAF ABOUT MY TROOPS!" move to make her stop and CM just shitting on him and his giant ass ship, forcing him to use the Power Stone by hand (the stone that can blow up the surface of a moon) just to punch her far enough away to try to snap.

Loved the A Force moment!

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Way off topic, but they need cap and tony if they ever want to do time runs out/secret wars lol.

That might be too much to put in film form tho, that whole series of events would take like 5 avengers movies.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everything about this movie was fantastic. From the way they handled Cap and Iron Man, to the fan service throughout, to just the general way they really drove home those relationships. Goddamn. What a film.
The Russo's did an amazing job justifying why Doctor Strange had to protect Tony in Infinity War.

Tony was essential to the plot of this movie.
1) perfected the time travel
2) figured out an alternate plan to get the space and mind stones
3) developed the Infinity Gauntlet 2.0
4) and of course, the snap

Additionally, there was a huge amount of risk added to Strange's decision as an even worse outcome was possible, had Thanos wiped out all of life and created his own reality.
YES

Oct 25, 2017
Time travel stuff always gets messy for me, so I try not to think too hard about it, the middle act was a bit too long, but that final act my God it was the best thing I have seen in a long time. Loved it, wanted to rewatch the movie once it was done. That cheeseburger scene absolutely killed me.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Old man Cap should live a few more decades tho right? He ages a lot slower than regular men.

He's well over 100 when he comes back.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I was really hoping that when Thor was explaining the plot of The Dark World to the group, one of them would have said, "That sounds like it could be plot for a lame movie."

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Since basically every MCU hero was involved in this somehow, even characters who had died in IW like Gamora and Loki, the one big absence was Vision/Jarvis.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Way off topic, but they need cap and tony if they ever want to do time runs out/secret wars lol.

That might be too much to put in film form tho, that whole series of events would take like 5 avengers movies.

Not necessarily, the key players really are Reed and Doom. But the incursion idea is high cinematic sci-fiction that is perfectly suited for MCU. That's a discussion to be tabled for a much later time though.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man can we talk about how fucking sick Wanda was????

"You took everything from me"
"I don't even know who you are."
"You will."

Now THAT"S how you do a "you will"
Absolutely loved that moment, so much respect for Wanda's character. I'm still steamed that she is being tied to a TV show because Wanda has every right to have her own movie. But I suppose they are waiting for X-Men to enter the MCU in order to go all out for Wanda. Which sucks, because it feels like her inclusion in the MCU has constantly been sidelined besides her relationship with Vision.

I suppose the TV is just so they can do some alternate reality stuff with her using her powers to find happiness making a reality that is in a 60's sitcom and forgetting that she created the reality or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.