• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
  • Just came back and was shook.
  • Tony dying was inevitable. The moment he said "I am Iron Man", that was when we all knew we were saying goodbye.
  • Honestly, Steve staying with Peggy was great. For the MCU's timeline, he pined for his one dance with his one true love, and he got it. That was all I needed. Also, iirc, Peggy never mentioned WHO she married. All she said was that he served with Cap. And really, with all the shit Peggy saw as a part of SHIELD, it doesn't surprise me that she never happened to mention the man she married to Rogers.
  • The time fuckery is odd, because we know "Far From Home" takes place junior year for Spidey, so basically, all of Spidey's class had to get dusted for them to all be in the same grade 5 years later.
  • There was a late rumor they cast Katherine Langford in the film for a small part, but iirc, she doesn't show up at all. Wonder if she was part of a cut post-credits scene.

Well, Flash, MJ, Ned and Peter anyway.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Did they just reuse old Thor Dark World footage of Natalie Portman for this? I doubt they'd get her to do new footage and not have her say anything. Iirc I saw her on the red carpet premiere event so I just assumed she might've been in Endgame.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Also loved that while everyone was worried that Captain Marvel would give it to Thanos, Wanda made his ass cry. He was literately "Press the damned panic button and get her off me!".

A6502

Jan 22, 2018
That was hands down my favorite scene. It didn't seem cheesy it was so bad ass!!

Question how does everyone feel about falcon as the new CAP I feel like the ugly side of the world prob hated that because ahem well skin color

I'm pretty sure that happened in the comics. My problems with it, is that Sam doesn't have the super soldier serum running through his body,

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If Cap simply created an alternate timeline, he wouldn't have been able to be there as an older man.

I think the idea is that any change creates an alternate universe and this was something that always happened. Him interfering would create the alternate timeline, and he knows they win in the end anyway.

I'm not sure I like that ... Cap just riding out the entirety of the MCU run as an old geezer in the background because, he knows they win in the end?

How does he know what not to do to trigger a new timeline, and not spoil his sunset appearance? Do the time travel rules only apply when the stones are involved?

I'm not gonna try to make sense of it. Fuck it. Let it be. Lol

Oct 31, 2017
Steve Rogers : Big man in a suit of armour. Take that off, what are you?

Tony Stark : Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.

Steve Rogers : I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you.

I'm fucking crying again

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I'm actually interested if sales for Marvel movies will ever reach another Evans/Downey high lol. I still can't quite wrap my head around them being gone, even if I was prepared for it (and both had a great series exit).

"I am Iron Man" goddamnit.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Uh, no? Why? It's not the first time for a Marvel movie to have a director play a role in the movie. This one has 3.

It also was a nice subtle LGBT nod.
I mean, people have been asking for LGBT representation for years and all we've gotten was for off-screen maybe's after the fact. For this to be the only confirmation and have it been about a barely minor character who went out on a date with a guy before he got snapped is just crumbs. Add this to the fact that it comes from a director cameo just feels like their patting themselves on the back for the bare minimum.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Question how does everyone feel about falcon as the new CAP I feel like the ugly side of the world prob hated that because ahem well skin color
I remember people speculating about this back in the Winter Soldier days and back then I wasn't quite ready for it. But at this point? Hell yeah. Anthony Mackie is terrific and he's one of my favorites from the new era of Marvel characters. I think he'll do a great job.

Dec 22, 2017
The most crowd pleasing movie to ever please a crowd. Safe and a little too goofy at times, but satisfying still. Reminded me of Return of the Jedi or the final Harry Potter in a lot of ways.

Basically every prediction came true. Cap, hammer, assemble, etc.

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
Good movie, but I enjoy IW more. Thanos felt like a threat. In this film he sits down more than fights.

How did iron man get the stones? I could've sworn thanos had the gauntlet still.

Not gonna lie. When Nebula killed herself I thought her future self was gonna collapse lol

This is what I expected too...I think it would've made sense.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
Man can we talk about how fucking sick Wanda was????

"You took everything from me"
"I don't even know who you are."
"You will."

Now THAT"S how you do a "you will"

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Avengers: Age of Ultron explains this entirely.

Quora:

brief answer Kevin (possibly Marvel studios or joss whedon) wanted it so.

when they shot avengers assemble the designers who designed loki would have thought it would be better to give him a gold and black colour staff with blue stone in it.

yet when designing vision in avengers age of ultron they wanted to give vision to have his gem in a color that would contrast his design and obviously red capeso they decided to settle on yellow mind gem.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Tony's death and even Nathasha's death were the first times I've openly wept during a movie, not just a few tears.

As much as I didn't want him to die it definitely made sense for a storytelling perspective.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why Sam's being relegated to Disney+ if he's now Captain America.

It's all being done by the same crew, so it's probably just a way to tell the story they want to tell without having to fit it in to their film release schedule, which also allows them to do more stuff like Eternals and Shang Chi.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I never felt Thanos was much more than a strong Hulk, without his stones. He's not magic otherwise.

His fights with Wanda and Cap Marvel pretty much answered the questions I've had about him for years. Is he nothing more than a more powerful and intelligent Hulk? And yeah, he pretty much is. He had no answer for Wanda's powers and even seemed out matched by Captain Marvel in brute strength alone.

He was a great villain but I do hope the next villain is more god like and pretty much requires a miracle to defeat him/her.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of the future MCU projects, this movie basically said "Fuck you" to all the trades:
  • WandaVision?
  • Why is future Cap in a Disney+ show?
  • Black Widow movie with no BW in the modern day?
It's ballsy, but I want to see how they pull it off. The way they handled the Loki show setup was great though.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually interested if sales for Marvel movies will ever reach another Evans/Downey high lol. I still can't quite wrap my head around them being gone, even if I was prepared for it (and both had a great series exit).

"I am Iron Man" goddamnit.
Spider-Man already is going to do extremely well in July.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man can we talk about how fucking sick Wanda was????

"You took everything from me"
"I don't even know who you are."
"You will."

Now THAT"S how you do a "you will"

Yes!!! The absolute power in her presence there, it was incredible. Also shows how much Wanda has learned to control her emotions and power.

In previous movies when she was upset or enraged, she would lash out and often create a worse situation for herself and her allies. But she had full control in that moment.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Quora:

brief answer Kevin (possibly Marvel studios or joss whedon) wanted it so.

when they shot avengers assemble the designers who designed loki would have thought it would be better to give him a gold and black colour staff with blue stone in it.

yet when designing vision in avengers age of ultron they wanted to give vision to have his gem in a color that would contrast his design and obviously red capeso they decided to settle on yellow mind gem.

It was widely speculated that the Sceptre was the mindstone even when that movie came out because it, uh, took over minds.

I don't doubt it was always the idea, since they knew they were going Infinity Gems as a matter of that movies basic plot.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Good movie, but I enjoy IW more. Thanos felt like a threat. In this film he sits down more than fights.

How did iron man get the stones? I could've sworn thanos had the gauntlet still.

This is what I expected too...I think it would've made sense.
That gauntlet was made by Iron Man out of nano tech it's no surprise he was able to instantly incorporate them into his suit.

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some girls were weeping in my theater as well... Personally I can't really cry for such fantastical/implausible characters

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just want to make sure I understand this one thing tho. IW took place in 2014 and that 5 year jump took us to 2019?

Status
Not open for further replies.