• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
But that only applies to timeline splits created by infinity stones being taken. There would be a split if the Ancient One didn't have a time stone to give Strange, but since she got it back basically immediately, that split timeline doesn't exist.

The Loki escape (and Cap growing old) don't follow the same logic. Loki still escaped, and there's still a branch there now, no matter what cap does.

It doesn't mean Loki is alive in the "main" timeline though. That never has to be mentioned again in the movies if they don't want to.
Also there's a timeline where the snap never happened, since Thanos died in 2014. I wonder if Feige will do something with it.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While the female Avengers scene was really on the nose it was to awesome for me to care. Though i know there will be plenty of people who will unfortunately be complaining about it. I can only imagine their absolute horror at Carol and Wanda handing Thanos his own ass. I love it.

Frankly it just makes me want them to include She-Hulk and make an A-Force movie.

Zephon

Dec 10, 2017
Just got out of the movie and my god it was amazing.
My previous post from a day ago about criticism of having past Thanos being the climactic battle was totally wrong. He worked great in the movie.
Absolutely loved the scene when all the female characters grouped up to fight thanos.
Got a question about Pym particles, now that Hank Pym is back can they just make more if they need it?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
So, what gets memed from this?

We had the dusting, and jokes about who wasn't in Infinity War all over the place.

But what gets memed here?

I imagine we'll see some Smash Bros. EVERYONE IS HERE memes.

And "America's Ass" is going to get memed all over the place.

Anything else?

While the female Avengers scene was really on the nose it was to awesome for me to care. Though i know there will be plenty of people who will unfortunately be complaining about it. I can only imagine their absolute horror at Carol and Wanda handing Thanos his own ass. I love it.

I loved the shot but immediately did an internal groan thinking about the assholes who are going to decry it as the worst thing ever.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Is that what happened? Doesn't that contradict the multiverse/branching timelines theory the movie adheres to?

If Steve went back to the 40's, then his mere presence would have created another timeline.

Besides, how could he just sit and watch himself struggle with shit he knows the answer to?

If Cap simply created an alternate timeline, he wouldn't have been able to be there as an older man.

I think the idea is that any change creates an alternate universe and this was something that always happened. Him interfering would create the alternate timeline, and he knows they win in the end anyway.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
It was my hope back in guardians 2 that the tag scene of that movie ended with quill glowing purple and showing his god side was not fully extinguished. Cut to the end of this movie and he busts out his power on thanos at the end.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Well they very clearly show Quill searching for Gamora at the end for a reason.

There's really no explanation for past Gamora to still be around given everyone else from that time was dusted and she wasn't around at the end. She had no reason to run away.

I saw that differently, I thought the searching was for past Gamora. She didn't have attachment to anyone in this timeline, figures she'll make off on her own the moment things ended.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Also there's a timeline where the snap never happened, since Thanos died in 2014. I wonder if Feige will do something with it.

Sure, but that's not their timeline so they don't benefit. it'd be like transhumanism. Sure maybe that person is "you" technically, but they're not you before you're "you".

Sorry just went down a rabbit hole.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My theater's crowd cheered at all the epic moments, I absolutely loved it.

In the credits, each of the original Avengers got an ovation.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • Just came back and was shook.
  • Tony dying was inevitable. The moment he said "I am Iron Man", that was when we all knew we were saying goodbye.
  • Honestly, Steve staying with Peggy was great. For the MCU's timeline, he pined for his one dance with his one true love, and he got it. That was all I needed. Also, iirc, Peggy never mentioned WHO she married. All she said was that he served with Cap. And really, with all the shit Peggy saw as a part of SHIELD, it doesn't surprise me that she never happened to mention the man she married to Rogers.
  • The time fuckery is odd, because we know "Far From Home" takes place junior year for Spidey, so basically, all of Spidey's class had to get dusted for them to all be in the same grade 5 years later.
  • There was a late rumor they cast Katherine Langford in the film for a small part, but iirc, she doesn't show up at all. Wonder if she was part of a cut post-credits scene.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
I was so happy to see Wanda really pop off at the end there. Her powers are so potentially devastating, but we haven't really seen her do anything too interesting or powerful with them yet, so it was nice seeing her kick the shit out of Thanos for a few moments.

Sad that Rhodey didn't get the same opportunity. I thought he'd finally get to really let loose and do some OP shit with his new nano-tech War Machine suit. The subtle nod between him and Carol was a nice touch though.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Just got out of the movie and my god it was amazing.
My previous post from a day ago about criticism of having past Thanos being the climactic battle was totally wrong. He worked great in the movie.
Absolutely loved the scene when all the female characters grouped up to fight thanos.
Got a question about Pym particles, now that Hank Pym is back can they just make more if they need it?

That is the problem with enabling time travel in your movie, it opens all can of worms (or cool stuff I guess).

Oct 29, 2017
So, the more I think about it the more I am really leaning into spider-man far from home being s prequel to infinity war and endgame. Unless the nick fury scene is really just a fake scene for trailers it wouldn't make any sense. Also why would he go back to the OG suit and not just keep the iron spider suit from here on out. It seems like he would continue using it to honor Tony's memory plus it is way more useful and practical. Really interested as well how future movies are going to deal with being set in the future now. Will they have a bunch of movies or even a whole phase all take place within the same year for 5 years so that it can course correct and get back to things taking place in real time again or just always be set in the future? Cosmic movies have to worry about this less like GotG3 and Capt Marvel and maybe even Dr. Strange to an extent if it mostly takes place in other dimensions but anything set on earth will have an awkward hurdle of having everything set in the futute

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Wow. That exceeded my wildest dreams.

A couple of issues, though. Have they decided to just make Hulk fundamentally useless? Professor stole the show, and then he does jack shit in the final battle or any other fight. No revenge for getting absolutely linked by Thanos? Annoyed by Vision's absence as Shuri got pretty far along with his backup, so was hoping he'd show up and make up for being a jobber in Infinity Wars.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Love that moment when Steve manipulated those undercover Hydra soldiers so he can obtain Loki's staff (and hearing Chris chant "Hail Hydra." got one of the biggest laughs in the audience), though I was confused why Steve had to get the staff, as didn't they need that cube?

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
so when Thanos snapped his fingers, and then again, that really drained him right? Because he was super weak off on his planet. Yet in the big battle he didn't have the glove, no stones at all, yet they all had trouble fighting him.
He was half burnt up and visibly limping. He was nowhere near prime fighting form.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
It STILL humbled her cause she was done after that.

That's pretty desperate logic man.

Thanos just successfully took on Thor, Iron Man and Cap with Mjolnir by himself. The man knocked Hulk unconcious without the Stones in use. He desperately had to pull a stone out of his gauntlet and put on his body to do anything to Carol.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Love that moment when Steve manipulated those undercover Hydra soldiers so he can obtain Loki's staff (and hearing Chris chant "Hail Hydra." got one of the biggest laughs in the audience), though I was confused why Steve had to get the staff, as didn't they need that cube?

The staff + cube never made sense to me. Only one would be the stone, right?

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So wait

We have Tessa saying in an interview that they are talking to Taika about another Thor movie. But we see Thor go with the Guardians.

So I wonder if the next "Thor" movie will actually feature Valkyrie?

I saw that differently, I thought the searching was for past Gamora. She didn't have attachment to anyone in this timeline, figures she'll make off on her own the moment things ended.

She very clearly had a connection to present day Nebula. That's what turned her. Doubt she'd ditch them. I took it as Quill saw everyone get resurrected and is searching in hopes that Gamora did too.

Oct 31, 2017
They did the mjolnir moment perfectly, buuuuut

The "Avengers Assemble" shot I feel like it was played a little too low key. Cap kinda just whispers "Assemble".

Literally my biggest complaint of the entire movie is that Cap didn't scream that iconic battle cry. Obviously it was still a great moment but played way too Loki like you said

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
So I thought of a slight plot hole:

When captain America brought all the stones back, the reality gem wasn't in the form of the Aether, the mind stone was no longer in the scepter, and the space stone wasn't in the tesseract.

Wouldn't that have some impact on the timelines that they were taken from?

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Loved it! I love Sam as a character, though I feel like they are going to need give him a proper super soldier upgrade if he's gonna take that title. Of course racist assholes will have an issue with it, fuck em
Loved it as well. But I don't think Sam will need the Super Soldier stuff. Especially if they're taking a page from the comics when Cap passed the shield to Sam. He did well without the serum, but i did love the new outfit and the wings with the shield.

Hopefully this wasn't just a way to get Chris Evans out and we don't see Mackie again.

Captain-America-by-Carlos-Pacheco.jpeg

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So wait

We have Tessa saying in an interview that they are talking to Taika about another Thor movie. But we see Thor go with the Guardians.

So I wonder if the next "Thor" movie will actually feature Valkyrie?
More likely GOTG3 will contain Thor, since Gunn's script was still in play when Endgame was being made.

Anything after that is up in the air.

Annoying Old Party Man

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
As an wrap up event for the Avengers it was nice... other than that though, a really mediocre movie. No, not mediocre. Decent, but expected something much much better. Infinity War was also much better than this.

Meh. :/

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
So in retrospect barely anything was faked for the trailers.

I can't remember if that Black Widow target practice scene was in the movie though?

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
lmao that was so damn good. I was fucking proud of the people in my theater when it erupted in applause when Cap said that shit.
i was waiting for him to say "does anyone wanna get out?" but what he actually said was so much better lol

So in retrospect barely anything was faked for the trailers.

I can't remember if that Black Widow target practice scene was in the movie though?

i just went and watched a couple of the trailers and they def CG'd widow's hair to be blonde in a few shots lol

Status
Not open for further replies.