• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Velg

Jan 6, 2018
I can understand how these things might look on paper but seeing it is another thing entirely. These moments play out well. Anyone worried should just watch the movie and make up their own minds.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
It is kind of amazing how little Captain Marvel appears. I thought she'd be hanging with the main team for most of it but nope.

What the reason Thor abandons Asgard as king and leaves with the guardians?

He's lost, doesn't know what to do with himself but knows he's not in any shape to be a king so he gives it to Valkyrie. Plus he gotta lose some weight.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I can also see how the beginning can get heavenly criticized.
First, while watching, I also thought "they can't be serious, why everything so fast?" In the end it weighs more into the positives, cause that makes it a crazy opening, but I can totally, rightfully, see people ripping this apart.

Basically the first 5 (maybe 10 at max) minutes of the movie, scene to scene, not kidding.

- Tony and Nebula in space, playing a game, he records a message
- Captain Marvel appeared and immediately carries them to earth
- Tony is back, yay, they all talk a tiny bit, then say "let's kill Thanos" and
- Immediately jump to his planet, kicked the door in while he was cooking and
- Killed him easily and almost immediately.

And you're sitting there thinking "what the fuck happened?"

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
It is kind of amazing how little Captain Marvel appears. I thought she'd be hanging with the main team for most of it but nope.
I mean I would have expected the movie to focus hard on the original 2012 Avengers characters. They're the ones who've been around for a decade (and all coincidentally avoided the snap). It's their time to shine, CM has until Avengers 8 or w/e

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I can also see how the beginning can get heavenly criticized.
First, while watching, I also thought "they can't be serious, why everything so fast?" In the end it weighs more into the positives, cause that makes it a crazy opening, but I can totally, rightfully, see people ripping this apart.

Basically the first 5 (maybe 10 at max) minutes of the movie, not kidding.

- Tony and Nebula in space, playing a game, he records a message
- Captain Marvel appeared and immediately carries them to earth
- Tony is back, yay, they all talk a tiny bit, then say "let's kill Thanos" and
- Immediately jump to his planet, kicked the door in while he was cooking and
- Killed him easily and almost immediately.

And you're sitting there thinking "what the fuck happened?"

I can definitely see a complaint that it moved a little fast but killing Thanos quickly and easily was entirely because he didn't give a fuck. He wasn't really fighting back or anything. He thought his job was done.

Oct 2, 2018
Ah okay a spoiler thread.

Just got out of the cinema.

THE FIRST HOUR FUCKING DRAGGGED LIKE NOTHING ELSE.You'd go in thinking you're watching MOVIE A - and you get this boring hour long slog. I actually thought to myself - I dont think I can re-watch any of this.

Then it becomes a time travel heist movie which is sort of fun as you get to revisit all these movies you've seen before. Its sort of fun.

Then Thanos 2.0 shows up and the movie takes a bit of turn with a somewhat exciting intimate fight vs Thanos .. and I was even excited when all the heroes showed up and then it might as well have been a whole battle sequence out of ready player one. That's when it starts to quickly derail for me with an almost nonsensical fight that is no where as good as movie 1. It had some cool moments but ultimately it felt like a mess. They showed the women superheroes assembling at one point in time and then they cut it so quick that you dont see what some of them did making the heroic posing seem silly - what with carol just zooming through the hordes anyhow.

The movie's third act felt like it needed to stay more intimate longer once Thanos 2 arrived but man, I feel like the ensuing messy CGI battle made Thanos 2.0 less impressive.

Thanos 1.0 featured so strongly in the first movie. Here he seems like an afterthought. I think that's the core weakness of the sequel.

7/10ish. I dont know if I can rewatch this because of the first hour. I did watch Infinity war twice.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched it and it was as I feared. It pretty much kills how awesome Infinity War was. It also turns Thanos character into a stereotypical villain after showing some real motivation in Infinity War. The story is bad, as expected. But the main problem is how badly paced the movie is. It takes them FOREVER to just start the time travel nonsense and then it's one cliché after the other with characters meeting/fighting themselves in the past, their parents, lost loves ... it's boring, predictable and fanservy as fuck. There is basically NO action for 2/3 of the movie. It's all talk, some okay jokes and timetravel bollocks. And there are so many really dumb scenes in this movie - even for superhero movie standards. And that ending. So cheesy. Holy shit. It was really messy, I didn't like it. It's one of the weakest MCU movies for sure.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Man, the whole cinema had a big "Ohhhhhhhh" moment when f'n Fortnite appeared in it.

And everyone legit cried after Tony died.

Oct 2, 2018
Just watched it and it was as I feared. It pretty much kills how awesome Infinity War was. It also turns Thanos character into a stereotypical villain after showing some real motivation in Infinity War. The story is bad, as expected. But the main problem is how badly paced the movie is. It takes them FOREVER to just start the time travel nonsense and then it's one cliché after the other with characters meeting/fighting themselves in the past, their parents, lost loves ... it's boring, predictable and fanservy as fuck. There is basically NO action for 2/3 of the movie. It's all talk, some okay jokes and timetravel bollocks. And there are so many really dumb scenes in this movie - even for superhero movie standards. And that ending. So cheesy. Holy shit. It was really messy, I didn't like it. It's one of the weakest MCU movies for sure.

you're going to get destroyed for this but I mostly agree. Are we using spoiler tags or not? Some people seem to be ITT.

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching and I'm in tears.

What a beautiful finish to 22 years of amazing blockbuster movies starting with Iron Man. What a beautiful way to go.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

Agree with most of it, cause most what you said really makes sense, but I disagree on the ending, I thought that was great. Specially the Cap moment. They had to get Tony and Cap out of the franchise and did the right thing for both. Also with Thor.

Overall, still enjoyed it very much, but it's hard to disagree with most of your points.

Oct 2, 2018
Agree with most of it, cause most what you said really makes sense, but I disagree on the ending, I thought that was great. Specially the Cap moment. They had to get Tony and Cap out of the franchise and did the right thing for both. Also with Thor.

Overall, still enjoyed it very much, but it's hard to disagree with most of your points.

I liked Tony's death and Cap's stuff also sort of made sense if Chris Evans wanted out. Scar Jo also. That all made sense. The movie itself however. Oh man, who thought it was a good idea to bring back hawkeye and spend so much fucking screentime on him. He even had weird japan emo ninja scenes. Hawkeye. FFS.

Lone

Mar 6, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I liked Tony's death and Cap's stuff also sort of made sense if Chris Evans wanted out. Scar Jo also. That all made sense. The movie itself however. Oh man, who thought it was a good idea to bring back hawkeye and spend so much fucking screentime on him. He even had weird japan emo ninja scenes. Hawkeye. FFS.

Wha... okay. Nevermind. You clearly don't understand the character LOL

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
They should of just avoided the time travel stuff and had the avengers on full blown vengeance mode against thanos

Oct 2, 2018

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Just watched the movie, midnight launch in Italy. Tomorrow I'll write my impressions down, but I really enjoyed the movie. To me it's absolutely the best Avengers, even if the first half is REALLY slow.

In particular, I loved how they sent off Tony and Cap. The fact that ten (plus) years of super powers and incredible adventures end with a simple kiss is genius.
Reminded me of how the Beatles ended ten years of magic: "And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make".

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any explanation at all about why the infinity stones have to be taken back where they came from, when it doesn't matter if anything else gets changed? Like people killing their past selves?
killing past selves does nothing because it's alternate timelines, but those timelines would be really fucked over by lacking certain infinity stones (like Dormammu could take over that reality if the Time Gem is missing), while some people dying isn't going to destroy those realities

MANUELF

Oct 25, 2017
The bad reviews on RT are because either there is too much humour or at the end there is a happy ending

Status
Not open for further replies.