• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
When Robert started earning more he wore less and less of the suit and then no more Stan Winston didnt help.
I think Nerdest has nailed this trailer, they are still grabbing onto the
Rescue
saving Tony thing that I always thought was rubbish tho.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It's the fact the suit is now entirely computer generated and it looks off with his very real head.

This

Unrelated but similar note, the scene in IW where Thor arrives in Wakanda and Banner in the Hulkbuster opens his faceplate to say 'You guys are so screwed now' is probably the worst for me in CG 'floating head' syndrome

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
The ship the Avengers are on and Thanos' ship both look to fly over a planet seen in a GOTG film.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
He needs to live so he can get his spine ripped out by Doom during Secret Wars.
doom-kills-thanos.png

God, I love that scene.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Betting my car part of this is misleading us and someone has some CGI on their uniform.

There's a lot in this trailer that is totally misleading. That shot inside the Benatar for one.

I'm also totally confused by...

ApuEQfT.jpg

The Thanos we saw teleport somewhere not only looks much younger than the Thanos we saw in Infinity War, but this one doesn't exactly look like he's rearing for a fight either.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I'm slightly confused by some people referring to the Guardians' spaceship as the Benatar while others call it the Milano. I looked it up and it appears that the original ship, the Milano, belongs to Peter Quill at the beginning of Guardians 1, while Benatar is introduced at the end of Guardians 1. I believe the Xandar government donate the new ship because the Milano had been badly beaten up in the defence of Xandar from Ronan (Gunn has said the Milano may reappear in Guardians 3).

I suppose I should observe first that the names appear to be pop culture references (perhaps inspired by the Betty in Alien Resurrection.) Alyssa Milano, perhaps? And presumably Pat Benatar.

Secondly, are the two ships easily distinguished? Is it possible to say whether both ships feature in the trailers?

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
On second viewing I think the shot of Cap and Tony may be altered for this trailer.

I think that will be Battle of New York Cap that Tony meets with but he is shown in current uniform to misdirect

I agree. But it looks like Tony is flying above 2012 NYC in the other shot

This is what I think as well. Or, it could be Tony asking past Tony. I can't figure out why the costume to the right is red/black (although current Tony's suit is red/black when hugging Pepper). Or it could be Marvel hiding the white stripes and turning them black for the trailer. It just doesn't look like a Cap suit, but that could be them hiding it in the trailer as well. To me it kind of looks like Tony in the current red/black suit from the Pepper shot, shakes hands with Tony in the blue shirt.

That's Tony and Scott shaking hands. They did a fake out to make it seem like it's Cap and Tony
I think you are right! The trailer looks like Tony having a blue jacket and going by those Production photos that got released a long time ago showing OG Avengers Cap costume This could be related?

oNZPaS2.jpg

xsXR9Je.png

mxZkIjV.png

Tony and Scott shaking hands in that second pic
I get the feeling that Thanos isn't the only villain in this movie. Assuming they win or lose in their first confrontation with him. If they lose early I guess it's more possible. If they win? I guess they live with a universe that is half empty population wise, but I can't buy the fact that the following acts will be nothing but time travel.

He is more than likely. Chances are they fight him twice.
There is a theory floating about it
Apparently, they don't find Thanos at all when they visit his planet. That shot of him in this new spot is him dead and he has destroyed the stones and the gauntlet. This is obviously a fakeout (like he did in IW) and he later ambushes them at Avengers HQ once he gets the sniff of how they are using quantum realm to undo his work

I read that rumor. Not that I think about, that's the only way I can realistically see Thanos attacking Avengers HQ.
My dream is that the Black Order all come back for a massive throwdown , but that's hoping for too much probably.

Oh god that would make this film even better.
They are really keeping Hulk under wraps in every piece of footage we've seen. No indication at all of what his role is or where he comes in.

Marvel wants everybody to be surprised to see Professor Hulk. There's official promo art of him.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
It feels like maybe the Avengers aren't the first group to come after Thanos. Maybe he's just sat there as people from different planets come after him seeking revenge, and he's seen a few of those battles already?

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like maybe the Avengers aren't the first group to come after Thanos. Maybe he's just sat there as people from different planets come after him seeking revenge, and he's seen a few of those battles already?

I've been wondering about that for a while. Had even considered the possibility that the Avengers might have to protect Thanos from the entire universe because, obviously, this isn't just limited to Earth. Thanos wiped out half of all life in the universe and the other half is going to be pissed.

Would be pretty great if Thanos had spent days or weeks fighting against the combined forces of the universe, succeeded at defeating them all, but his injuries are so great he chooses to destroy the Gems and die so that nobody can ever undo what he did.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
So basically Avengers decide to straight up take the fight to Thanos, found him dead among the rubble as a result from the whole universe doing the same to him, also found out it's impossible to undo the snap. The universe is now worse off due to the snap and there are intergalactic war all the time.
<time skip>
Scott appears.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
I've been wondering about that for a while. Had even considered the possibility that the Avengers might have to protect Thanos from the entire universe because, obviously, this isn't just limited to Earth. Thanos wiped out half of all life in the universe and the other half is going to be pissed.

Would be pretty great if Thanos had spent days or weeks fighting against the combined forces of the universe, succeeded at defeating them all, but his injuries are so great he chooses to destroy the Gems and die so that nobody can ever undo what he did.

Yeah, this would be a good way to take things.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this would be a good way to take things.

It's easy to forget that it isn't just about Earth. We didn't even see the Snap affect other worlds, which I imagine Endgame will show. There are plenty of worlds who probably didn't care that Thanos was killing half the population of other planets, but once he took out half of theirs they'll get rather... offended.

What Thanos did is huge. Even he doesn't fully understand the scale and implications of what he's done and there's no way more cosmic beings didn't notice. What if it wasn't just the universe that attacked Thanos but the Celestials too? Would be pretty epic if there were corpses of those guys floating in orbit around the planet Thanos has chosen as his gravestone.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Got to see it now since my title lol.

It looks great from the small trailer, nice seeing the old guard take the fight to Thanos.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
Today I learned that people feel the Iron Man suit felt more "grounded" when it was largely clunky props worn by the actor.

I just don't know what to say. Maybe it's just easier for me to suspend my disbelief when one of the most talented actors of his generation is permitted full use of his body.
Yeah I don't get that either. In comic book, Tony armors has always gotten more crazy and outlandish with each iteration. Not sure how you think anything about Iron Man or the MCU is grounded when we have alien invasion or and talking raccoon.

Just because his armors doesn't creak and has grinding gear noise anymore, doesn't mean it's not good.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Yeah I don't get that either. In comic book, Tony armors has always gotten more crazy and outlandish with each iteration. Not sure how you think anything about Iron Man or the MCU is grounded when we have alien invasion or and talking raccoon.

Just because his armors doesn't creak and has grinding gear noise anymore, doesn't mean it's not good.

As has no doubt often been pointed out, the heat dissipation problems alone would make the suit implausible. For balance you'd need your main thrust to be much closer to your centre of mass, and the g-forces involved in those manoeuvres would make severe spinal trauma the least of your worries.

So let's have less of this obsession with making the suit look realistic. There's an actor in there trying to do a job.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm slightly confused by some people referring to the Guardians' spaceship as the Benatar while others call it the Milano. I looked it up and it appears that the original ship, the Milano, belongs to Peter Quill at the beginning of Guardians 1, while Benatar is introduced at the end of Guardians 1. I believe the Xandar government donate the new ship because the Milano had been badly beaten up in the defence of Xandar from Ronan (Gunn has said the Milano may reappear in Guardians 3).

I suppose I should observe first that the names appear to be pop culture references (perhaps inspired by the Betty in Alien Resurrection.) Alyssa Milano, perhaps? And presumably Pat Benatar.

Secondly, are the two ships easily distinguished? Is it possible to say whether both ships feature in the trailers?

The Milano is Quill's ship in the first two Guardians movies. It was destroyed by the Sovereign fleet during the opening action scene in Guardians 2. Per James Gunn, the Benatar is the name of the new ship the Guardians are flying in Infinity War and Endgame.

The Benatar is bigger and has a much larger cockpit with room for multiple seats that are in that raised position like movie theater seating.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Got my ticket for the 24th evening, hype overload !

That last trailer was good, though I prefered the others. But this one is worth it just for Thanos and his punchline :)

They have reached next level with those two, they seem to intentionally pick shots that could be seen as misdirection (ensemble shots, or real close ups to make you think its someone but actually its someone else).

Still believe that the trailers dont go after the first act of the movie. I can imagine Thanos emprisoned in the Avengers HQ for the hole second act of the movie after they kick his ass in the first and realise it accomplishes nothing, and he has one on one scenes with the OG Avengers.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Haven't followed the avengers much even though i apparently am one now. Couple questions..

Has Hulk been relegated to a secondary character at this point?

Why can't thanks dust anyone he's fighting just like he did half the universe? Seems odd he'd actually 'fight' anyone if he can think things.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Why can't thanks dust anyone he's fighting just like he did half the universe? Seems odd he'd actually 'fight' anyone if he can think things.
He could have killed all those that fought him on Titan or Wakanda quite easily if he wanted to. He wanted to leave it up to fate to decide who was dusted and who wasn't rather than decide himself, I don't think he would select individuals to be dusted if they challenged him. In the comics he also quite likes a challenge so I think he'd rather test himself in battle.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
He could have killed all those that fought him on Titan or Wakanda quite easily if he wanted to. He wanted to leave it up to fate to decide who was dusted and who wasn't rather than decide himself, I don't think he would select individuals to be dusted if they challenged him. In the comics he also quite likes a challenge so I think he'd rather test himself in battle.

Thank you, that makes sense, especially with the context of letting fate decide vs himself with the dusting.

Do we know if he still has the gauntlet and gems. Assuming he still does even though they looked bjorked

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Haven't followed the avengers much even though i apparently am one now. Couple questions..

The Banner/Hulk story has become rather mysterious since Ultron. To cut a long story short, both Banner and Hulk are basically costarring roles in Ragnarok where it emerges that he spent several years in the Hulk form, but after an early encounter with Thanos in Infinity War the Hulk refuses to come out to fight, much to Banner's frustration. He's still very much an important character, and there's some evidence they're holding back a secret development akin to Hulk's evolution in the comics.

As for why Thanos does it this way rather than exploiting his powers to the full at each stage, I think that's mostly because this particular narrative is more interesting. Remember Thanos here is the hero of the narrative. He thinks those who oppose him are simply wrong, not evil. He probably sees groups like The Avengers as performing a useful role in maintaining the balance of the universe.

Oct 27, 2017

They are tricking people into thinking Hulk is not in a major role, but toys and such confirm he is going to be in it.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
I'm curious about what Okoye's place in the story is since she hasn't appeared in any trailers yet

I know, right?! I mean, I figured we'd get at least "check up in Wakanda" scene. But then why isn't M'Baku on any of the posters? The Cynic in me suspects Marvel Marketing is including her in the promotion in order to keep that Black Panther money vein tapped - but the optimistic side is hoping that her inclusion indicates that this story is in for some crazy turns.

Oct 27, 2017
I know, right?! I mean, I figured we'd get at least "check up in Wakanda" scene. But then why isn't M'Baku on any of the posters? The Cynic in me suspects Marvel Marketing is including her in the promotion in order to keep that Black Panther money vein tapped - but the optimistic side is hoping that her inclusion indicates that this story is in for some crazy turns.

Remember we've seen an equivalent of just 5 minutes consisting of two set pieces out of an 180 minute movie. They haven't showed us shit.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The Banner/Hulk story has become rather mysterious since Ultron. To cut a long story short, both Banner and Hulk are basically costarring roles in Ragnarok where it emerges that he spent several years in the Hulk form, but after an early encounter with Thanos in Infinity War the Hulk refuses to come out to fight, much to Banner's frustration. He's still very much an important character, and there's some evidence they're holding back a secret development akin to Hulk's evolution in the comics.

As for why Thanos does it this way rather than exploiting his powers to the full at each stage, I think that's mostly because this particular narrative is more interesting. Remember Thanos here is the hero of the narrative. He thinks those who oppose him are simply wrong, not evil. He probably sees groups like The Avengers as performing a useful role in maintaining the balance of the universe.

Really need to watch Infiniti War in full..seem most of it but in passing or in pieces. Makes sense, I remeber his beliefs and quest we're his motivating factor for his skewed perspective l being a savior.

I remember reading a possible spoiler about Hulk's role in end game and loved it but since then ive seen nothing to believe any of that is true. He's a complete nobody in the trailers at this point. I'm a sucker for him and would love for him to avenge the beat down he took... even better if he gets an 'awakening' moment like neo from the matrix but fairly certain Tony will be the one hero here.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine

For all his talk of "mercy" and "balance" - Thanos is a sadist. People kept asking - why doesn't Thanos just double the resources? It's because he's not that type of guy. The Russos hit you over the head in Infinity War that Thanos enjoys inflicting pain and suffering.

Ebony Maw - "let him have his fun" as Thanos systematically dismantles the hulk
Choking out Loki slowly before breaking his neck (seriously, that was pretty intense for a move that kids are going to see).
The flashback of executing half of Gamora's village - while the other half is looking right at them!
Forcing Quill to choose to kill Gamora, even though he knows the whole time it's not going to happen
How long he goes on torturing Nebula, even after Gamora confesses the location of the soul stone he's not going to let her off.

Thanos' logic about how to save the universe is flawed because he's fundamentally a bad guy - someone who feels slighted and needs to prove he's right. Thing is, he's not going to end it quickly unless he has too (like needing to GTFO after the snap), he prefers to twist the knife.