• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Putting this in spoilers just in case

But having Cap die early on and then seeing and working with him again later (even if it's the past)would lessen the impact of the death. It's better and fitting for the character to bite it in the last act.

I disagree actually. If you notice they didn't really bother hiding the fact his hair is a little lighter here (a few years flash forward?) so imagine losing a friend early on, and being upset you never really got to reconnect like you now wanted to. So then he sees Past Cap, ignorant of the falling out from CW and still knowing the inevitability of his demise (most likely). Heartbreaking shit, really :/

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
They're going to be destroyed again by Thanos, aren't they?

Complete speculation based on the current trailers and what we have seen from BTS:

- Carol is nowhere in any of the supposed later parts of the movie ( Widow has longer hair, Ronan has joined them etc ), based on that .. looks like after Carol joins the cast, the make a first attempt at trying to attack Thanos, which ends up failing and Carol either gets offed or somehow trapped because Thanos controls the space gem which gave Carol her power in the first place. All of this may or may not happen after Tony has returned but unable to help them because he's in recovery.

- The Avengers get their asses handed to them by Thanos again and retreat. After which Scott makes his way out of the Quantum realm (he's not present in the 'earlier' timeline scenes with Widow in short hair inside the ship).

- Using Scott's Quantum realm knowledge, Tony and co make the plan to use it to go back in time in various points to either steal or replicate the infinity stones (behind the scenes Avengers 1 pictures etc) so they can either make the events from stop happening at all or make their own gauntlet and take Thanos head on.

- Cue big final fight. Someone sacrifices themselves (likely Cap) to use the gauntlet and undo Thanos's damage, the rest come back to life. Thanos is either killed by Thor or is spared to go farm on a retreat for his remaining days.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I think you are right! The trailer looks like Tony having a blue jacket and going by those Production photos that got released a long time ago showing OG Avengers Cap costume This could be related?

oNZPaS2.jpg

xsXR9Je.png

mxZkIjV.png
Looks like Thor to me

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Thanos on that "My clip is in bitch, how bout yours? GIMME THE ADDRESS. MY DICK HARD. MEET ME SOMEWHERE" shit. Goddamn I hope he kicks their asses all over again.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
Complete speculation based on the current trailers and what we have seen from BTS:

- Carol is nowhere in any of the supposed later parts of the movie ( Widow has longer hair, Ronan has joined them etc ), based on that .. looks like after Carol joins the cast, the make a first attempt at trying to attack Thanos, which ends up failing and Carol either gets offed or somehow trapped because Thanos controls the space gem which gave Carol her power in the first place. All of this may or may not happen after Tony has returned but unable to help them because he's in recovery.

- The Avengers get their asses handed to them by Thanos again and retreat. After which Scott makes his way out of the Quantum realm (he's not present in the 'earlier' timeline scenes with Widow in short hair inside the ship).

- Using Scott's Quantum realm knowledge, Tony and co make the plan to use it to go back in time in various points to either steal or replicate the infinity stones (behind the scenes Avengers 1 pictures etc) so they can either make the events from stop happening at all or make their own gauntlet and take Thanos head on.

- Cue big final fight. Someone sacrifices themselves (likely Cap) to use the gauntlet and undo Thanos's damage, the rest come back to life. Thanos is either killed by Thor or is spared to go farm on a retreat for his remaining days.

Any thoughts on the HQ explosion?

Now that it looks like they go to space to fight Thanos again at the start, I wonder if the HQ stuff is the final battle.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I think this trailer is heavily edited like Infinity Wars was and they didn't showed more than the first 30 minutes.

Oct 26, 2017
I disagree actually. If you notice they didn't really bother hiding the fact his hair is a little lighter here (a few years flash forward?) so imagine losing a friend early on, and being upset you never really got to reconnect like you now wanted to. So then he sees Past Cap, ignorant of the falling out from CW and still knowing the inevitability of his demise (most likely). Heartbreaking shit, really :/

They're hiding this very well if they are doing this, a lot of shots of him in casual situations makes it hard to believe.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy

About Scott, I initially thought that he was going to be used as the Silver Surfer in the comic, when he tries to steal the gauntlet from Thanos in a moment of distraction confronting Captain America. But your theory makes more sense. Even if the time travel adventure doesn't really appeal to me.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when people used to laugh at the notion that the MCU is this generation's Star Wars

Myself included

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I gave in and watched it. That handshake between Tony and Cap was fucking magical. Can't wait til the 25th.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Pretty sure cap dies with this fight. He dies giving them time to leave. This is the first act. I believe the quantum suit scene from previous trailer is a CGI fake with cap.

Misdirect. Cap trusted tony when they were going to go and try and defeat thanos, shit happens, more people die. CAP saves tony for him to escape as he trusts tony will find a way to stop it. Hence later in the other trailer you see antman with quantum suit. You don;t see antman on the ship with black widow with her silver hair.

You also wonder if since they are down people from Infinity war if they go the other route. If that scene of Tony and Cap is from the war in NEW YORK from first avengers, cap trusting tony but it cap from the past.

I think CAP FROM our time does die. And cap from past from what I read online that could be bogus at somepoint will pick up Thor's hammer and uses it against thanos. He still will die, along with tony fighting thanos together along with rest of original avengers as the others are using what tony creates for the stones to bring people back.

Something like that.

EDIT: Alright rewatched and I'm right there are two teams on different ships. ANtman is not on the one with cap, and cap is wearing his darker uniform while the one with him on the ground is the red/blue. So we will be seeing caps from different timelines.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Any thoughts on the HQ explosion?

Now that it looks like they go to space to fight Thanos again at the start, I wonder if the HQ stuff is the final battle.
Attack on Thanos's home is within the first 30 minutes, then Stark decides he needs to build his own gauntlet and get the stones. Thanos and his army attack the Avengers HQ as some Avengers are in the quantum realm and Hawkeye and Thor stay behind to defend the base.

Just my theory

Pretty sure cap dies with this fight. He dies giving them time to leave. This is the first act. I believe the quantum suit scene from previous trailer is a CGI fake with cap.
I would consider this if
the toys didn't show Captain America in a quantum suit with his original Avengers helmet.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone deserves that killing blow, it's Nebula. Making her fight her sister, and replacing her limbs with mechanical parts all during her upbringing is some dark shit.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but Nebula getting the final blow would make the MCU hardcore fans explode haha. She's been a relatively minor character so far. I'd be shocked if they gave it to anyone except one of the OG's, and even then I'd exclude Hulk, Widow and Hawkeye. Everyone will get their shots in, for sure. I imagine we'll get a really good few shots of Nebula wrecking him somehow, but final blow? I just can't imagine it's not IM, Cap or Thor.

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Trying to piece together the timeline of events from the footage and set pics is just wild. I swear we've seen Cap in at least 4 different suits for this movie.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying you're wrong, but Nebula getting the final blow would make the MCU hardcore fans explode haha. She's been a relatively minor character so far. I'd be shocked if they gave it to anyone except one of the OG's, and even then I'd exclude Hulk, Widow and Hawkeye. Everyone will get their shots in, for sure. I imagine we'll get a really good few shots of Nebula wrecking him somehow, but final blow? I just can't imagine it's not IM, Cap or Thor.
Thor already had his chance, it shouldn't be him. Tony as well. Make it Cap. Thanos, you know what to do.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Name a CGI villain with more of a presence than Thanos? You can't. That line was some straight ether.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
The movie is 3+ hours long. That means they shot a lot of footage, and we've only seen a minuscule fraction of it. I wouldn't be surprised if a large portion of what we've seen is cutting room floor stuff mixed in with misdirection, mixed in with real footage.

I'm on the train of thought that they avenge the fallen early on, can't undo the snap, and they try to move on with their lives. Then Scott shows them that time travel is possible thanks to the quantum realm, and they then try to reverse the snap that way. Whatever it takes. The road to reversing the snap is what's exciting to me, not just reversing it, and even then, it's going to come at a cost. Not everyone is going to survive this, even when they bring back fallen heroes.

Damn. 3 hours. This movie is going to be a love letter to the past 11 years of Marvel films. I can't wait.

Last edited:

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
WHAT THE HELL

Ticket pre-release sale out of nowhere. God damnit there's a queue to load my cinema's site, nooooooooooooooooo!

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that was wild.

and why are so many people assuming that they lose vs Thanos?

what if they win? still stuck with what they got left.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Avengers: We did it we won
Thanos: Who gives a shit everyone you love is still dead
Nebula: knock knock a clock, here comes the rock

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
WHAT THE HELL

Ticket pre-release sale out of nowhere. God damnit there's a queue to load my cinema's site, nooooooooooooooooo!

People have been speculating that they would go on sale today since Captain Marvel premiered. There's a thread about it that's currently 30+ pages long that someone started yesterday.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I remember when people used to laugh at the notion that the MCU is this generation's Star Wars

Myself included

I still laugh at that. In the MCU, Marvel Studios has achieved something much bigger and more consistently successful than Star Wars ever did. And they did it at breakneck pace with 22 films in a decade.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I get the feeling that Thanos isn't the only villain in this movie. Assuming they win or lose in their first confrontation with him. If they lose early I guess it's more possible. If they win? I guess they live with a universe that is half empty population wise, but I can't buy the fact that the following acts will be nothing but time travel.

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, you're probably right about that scene.

I'm just not sure that, "See? Only 90% of the trailer was from the first act!" is the best brag. :P

I think for the early trailers that was true, not sure about this one. Anything where Black Widow's hair is longer is probably a good way into the film. This trailer shows her on the Guardian's Ship with short hair alongside Cap in his Winter Soldier suit, which ties into the scene from the first trailer. It looks like this space mission will be the main event in the first act.

Last edited: