• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Together at last.

QvHVkTy.png

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
It always is Stormbreaker in both trailers
They didn't. Not sure if you're serious or joking.

My bad just rechecked it was stormbreaker from Another angle in previous trailer

I cant believe I watched trailer 2 several times and thought that was mjolnir, damn I feel stupid especially thats part of infinity war, in my mind he had somehow got it back for endgame in trailer 2 through time travel or something.

What an idiot I am

Last edited:

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm getting more and more convinced that they'll beat Thanos early and realize it accomplishes nothing, then they go back mopping and trying to go on with their lives, and the second part of the movie is Scott Lang showing up and giving them a chance to travel back in time and fix things. Which can also be constructed as a victory lap where they show again how the story started and they "rebuild" their friendship etc etc.

Minor observations:

- Thanos is using his armor when the showdown scene happens. He ditched it after collecting a few stones in IW. Maybe they're fighting him in the past, before he starts collecting the stones?

- What if they go back to the battle of New York and just fly through the portal that Tony used to dump the nuke? The may retcon that Thanos was leading that assault, and if that's the case, they have Thanos right there, at that time. It's the best chance to go and fight him directly.

- the blueish planet they fight him on looks a lot like the planet/asteroind he was on during the Avengers stinger/GotG1 scene. Again, if that's his base of operation pre-gauntlet, this may hint at them going back to the battle of New York to take that portal.

- really digging the look on Tony's suit in this. It has a very Mark 2 feel, it looks like it's made of something and not just CGI.

Sephiroth503

Oct 26, 2017
On second viewing I think the shot of Cap and Tony may be altered for this trailer.

I think that will be Battle of New York Cap that Tony meets with but he is shown in current uniform to misdirect

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
That final scene of Thor, Iron Man, and Cap stepping to Thanos is some epic shit.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at everyone thinking they lose at the start, god would that be so trash, these writers are better than that.

They most likely win at the start but its pointless as Thanos has already destroyed the stones.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
So here's a curious bit...

All these shots of Cap fighting, he's in his new scalemail costume

That shot of them in the Guardians ship, where Widow is still blonde, he's wearing the Winter Soldier costume, similar to the first trailer where he says "I don't know what I'll do if it doesn't."

So... are we seeing more than one fight? Is all the wreckage the remains of the Avengers facility after Thanos has come back after them?

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Heh, someone should do that friendship back on meme with tony & steve.

Anyone familiar with that meme

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
how can they lose if thor has the axe that nearly killed thanos WITH the gauntlet (assuming its busted now). it makes no sense.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So here's a curious bit...

All these shots of Cap fighting, he's in his new scalemail costume

That shot of them in the Guardians ship, where Widow is still blonde, he's wearing the Winter Soldier costume, similar to the first trailer where he says "I don't know what I'll do if it doesn't."

So... are we seeing more than one fight? Is all the wreckage the remains of the Avengers facility after Thanos has come back after them?

I wouldn't trust these trailers at all, they are all sending us on a wild goose chase :D

I'm expecting M Night twists of some sorts.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
That was . . . . a whole lot of new information. Very spoilerish. Not a fan of this trailer but its not like it would prevent me from seeing it on opening weekend.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Damn.

DAMN.

This is spoilery. But goddamn, it makes me even more excited.

"And where did that bring you? Back to me " Goddamn.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting more and more convinced that they'll beat Thanos early and realize it accomplishes nothing, then they go back mopping and trying to go on with their lives, and the second part of the movie is Scott Lang showing up and giving them a chance to travel back in time and fix things. Which can also be constructed as a victory lap where they show again how the story started and they "rebuild" their friendship etc etc.

Yep I agree with this too. It's the only way I can square those shots of Steve and Natasha still with their IW looks with shots of what looks like a time jump (e.g. Nat's longer red hair) later on where the world still seems to be post-snap. Like I'd think it's more likely that Steve would want to go after Thanos asap rather than wait around for years in support groups before rallying the troops again.

- Thanos is using his armor when the showdown scene happens. He ditched it after collecting a few stones in IW. Maybe they're fighting him in the past, before he starts collecting the stones?

Or maybe the snap didn't just fry the gauntlet but fried the stones too. He's putting the armor back on because the stones either don't work anymore or don't work as well.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that was way too spoiler. The avengers are going to converse? And confront Thanos? The fuck >>>!>!?!!?!?!?

hype.

Oct 27, 2017
That's been my prediction for a while. We've already seen Thanos beat them. Watching him beat them again at the beginning of the movie is repetitive and makes no sense.

It also fits better with the idea that there's a period of time in the movie where the characters are basically trying to come to grips with the idea that they can't bring the snapped people back and are moving on or trying to move on in their own ways. This makes more sense if it's because they "beat" Thanos but are led to believe it's a hollow victory. There's no way they would stop going after Thanos just because he beats them again.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I feel like this continues to hint at the fact that they will fight Thanos early on in the movie and lose.
This theory still doesn't really feel plausible. Thanos would sooner kill them than let them lose and leave to come back and fight him again a third time. It's not in his nature to be merciful lol.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
This theory still doesn't really feel plausible. Thanos would sooner kill them than let them lose and leave to come back and fight him again a third time. It's not in his nature to be merciful lol.

Black Widow has blond hair on the ship, though. That means they go to space before the 6 months skip until she regrows her red hair.

Unless she dyes them back.

or

They edited her hair in the trailer to mislead.

Oct 25, 2017
I think they actually win early and then still feeling the loss of everyone will try and undo the snap and face Thanos in a different time period.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Black Widow has blond hair on the ship, though. That means they go to space before the 6 months skip until she regrows her red hair.

Unless she dyes them back.

or

They edited her hair in the trailer to mislead.
speaking of, I'm digging the red/blonde mix. It's like they couldn't settle on just one hair style for Widow in this movie so they're using all of them.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
HHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

And i cant buy tickets because the page is down!!!

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
That was really good! I'm hyped.
If only I could buy my tickets... but the internet isn't helping right now.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they didn't tell us that whole 20 minute thing. Although a lot seems to happen at the start if true

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That has to be at the beginning. Nat has white hair when they are flying in the benetar, I'm sure they get their butts kicked, ppl will die and then everything else comes after.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And this is within the first 20mins?
IIRC the Russos approved a total of 8 minutes from anywhere in the movie for trailers and promotional purposes. Most of the promotional footage available is from the first act 15-20 minutes in but and some of it is not and some of it is intentionally misleading.

So yes and no and maybe yes/no

Oct 29, 2017
It'd be an amusing twist to the "Avengers" if they actually avenge the Snap, only to realize that killing Thanos is meaningless and doesn't bring anyone back.
I need something like this, in all honesty. I thought that Wonder Woman was going that way, I expected that when she killed the generic evil dude who she thought was Ares then nothing would happen.

Then she'd be forced to learn that it wasn't some magical God making humans fight and hate, those are just traits of being human.

Then the movie copped out and turned into a CGI battle like pretty much every other superhero flick. Left me very disappointed.

I need my 'killing doesn't solve the issue' fix.