• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017

VMKPi8z.jpg

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my tickets ready with my gang for Infinity War, then Endgame at midnight tomorrow (GMT). Going to be a long cinema session but I'm pumped, were' in the Endgame now

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I'm all about action for my MCU movies, so I think I'm gonna prefer IW the best of both.

Sounds like Endagme is mostly a cerebral affair, with action thrown in which is cool and is going to be great but it's gonna be a slow burner ala Blade Runner 2049 which I love, which is not a bad thing but I think for a few fans this is going to be a problem.

Even last year, I started thinking that Infinity War would be the Kill Bill Vol. 1 to End Game's Kill Bill Vol. 2.

I don't know if that comparison will ultimately hold up, but I think just that IW focused a getting together a huge cast of characters and then set up End Game for a much more personal movie mainly focusing on the original 6, I could see it being a bit more character driven since it has less characters to juggle. I doubt the action will be as gritty and low-key as KB vol. 2 and will still have a good deal of spectacle like IW, but I could also see them diving a little bit deeper on two other things that didn't have as much space to breathe in IW: the story and the themes. I think the narrative will get to take us on a bit more of a journey, where the plot of IW was pretty straight forward, and the themes will be a little less subtle and get to be more in the forefront with the characters and their arcs as well as woven throughout the narrative of the film even more.

At least that's my broad prediction.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I already know what to expect, no need for impressions or reviews, Endgame is gonna be epic. I'm fully invested in the MCU though, so it would take a hell of a lot for them to disappoint me at this point.

Oct 27, 2017
At this point who really gives a shit what some 'critic' who saw it for free thinks, we're all seeing it regardless.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Like some impressions is going to make it or break it for me.

This movie is history in the making, of course I'm going to see it.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I feel like we get these kinds of comments before every 'hype' movie and every time they're more over the top than before.
I wouldn't put to much faith in the semi shills.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
Lmao

Yeah I can't wait for Friday, but some of these impressions are embarrassing

"All the feels", are you fucking serious?

What's wrong with that ?

I know people who've seen that've said they cried during the movie.

What's wrong with being emotionally connected to characters you've been following for ten years ?

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I was hoping that, after 20+ movies, they'd finally learn their lesson and not have any humor. Oh well!

Astrot

Oct 27, 2017
Hope the movie is more subtle with it's themes and conflicts between the characters than IW.
I never understood people that think IW ending is bold. IW makes it 100% clear that the ending doesn't really matter and is only there to higher the stakes for the next movie.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
So we've gotten to the shitposting part of the thread without any negative reviews?

That's new.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Hope the movie is more subtle with it's themes and conflicts between the characters than IW.
I never understood people that think IW ending is bold. IW makes it 100% clear that the ending doesn't really matter and is only there to higher the stakes for the next movie.

To superhero movie audiences this is a mind bending revelation. They've never seen super-heroes lose that badly before.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD

I totally disagree. Outside the obvious meta knowledge that another movie is coming, IW is fucking brutal if you have any empathy for the story and characters contained in the actual film.

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah how could people be devastated over half their favorite characters are dead, stupid superhero fanS

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
So I've seen the Avengers.

You guys. It's wonderful. I can't imagine a better way to bring this group together, and the individual character moments are just so well-earned after the movies we've had to this point. Standouts: easily Iron Man and Captain America. Seeing them together is freaking amazing.

Shoutout to Hiddleston as the villain too.