• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I hope we get a 12 hour extended edition, with scenes of Thanos making organic juices from his garden.

OP
OP
SinkFla

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I hope we get a 12 hour extended edition, with scenes of Thanos making organic juices from his garden.

He'll probably also take up painting in his retirement and have a public access show like Bob Ross.

"Only dip half the brush in your water. You need this to be balanced, texture wise."

(Tries flapping brush on Easel but infinity gauntlet makes contact and breaks it into pieces)

m23

Oct 25, 2017
As I've gotten older, it's getting tougher to watch really long movies in theaters. Even with Infinity War I was getting rather fidgety when it was coming to the end. I needed to step out for a quick walk but couldn't because I didn't want to miss anything.

Watching this will be a challenge.

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
And then the bluray/4k versions will have extended cut running at 4.5hrs lol.
Has Marvel ever released an extended version of their films? I remember there were rumors of a "Thanks Cut" of Infinity War but that never came to pass. And come on, it would only make sense a Thanks cut would be half as long as the original version.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Surprised at the amount of people who seemingly can't go 3 hours without pissing.

Don't get me wrong I pee more then that sometimes but only once in my life ever had to go during a film at the cinema because I hold off on drinking lots before I go.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised at the amount of people who seemingly can't go 3 hours without pissing.

Don't get me wrong I pee more then that sometimes but only once in my life ever had to go during a film at the cinema because I hold off on drinking lots before I go.

Thank you Dirtyshubb, very cool!

🙄

Oct 25, 2017
That's too bad, I thought the end of Infinity War was pretty snappy.

05d.jpg

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
It is awesome that of a 3 hour run time we have only seen maybe 1 minute of footage. Hope they keep this up right until release.

blazenumb1

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Run time is cool with me, like getting two movies honestly.

Have sat through plenty of LOTR movies without needing to go to the bathroom, think I'll be fine here.

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
yeah i dont get why 3 hours is such a big deal. we've had no shortage of 3 hour+ movies.

tbf i wish endgame was 4 or 5 hours long gimme allllllll da mahvel.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I watched The Lord of the Rings numerous times in theatres without taking a break when I was five

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm cool with the runtime. So many MCU movies, in my opinion, feel rushed in terms of pacing because they can't go over that 2-hour runtime.

less

Oct 25, 2017
This is one movie that I want to last a good amount of time before the curtains close on it. Three hour length sounds about just right.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Dread it. Run to it. A bathroom break where you miss an important scene arrives all the same.

Except for me, I have a bladder of steel

OP
OP
SinkFla

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
All the ticket sites are starting to list the 3 hour 2 minute runtime again lol. I thought they said it was around that but not definite?

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
All the ticket sites are starting to list the 3 hour 2 minute runtime again lol. I thought they said it was around that but not definite?

It's not 100% until Disney (you know, the studio actually releasing the movie) posts it to their press information. Theaters need a runtime that's close to the final time to schedule blocks of time for showings due to 20 min of ads and cleaning.

When Avengers: Infinity War tickets went on sale they posted a runtime of 156 minutes, the final run time was 149. When Captain Marvel tickets went on sale they posted 130 minutes, when the final was 124.

So THR was correct, it'll be around three hours, if it's not exactly three hours and two minutes.

Wait for it to be 178 or 179 minutes and the extended Russo Cut conspiracies to start like they did with Infinity War when the final runtime was 7 min shorter than the one posted when tickets went on sale.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
The movie needs intermission. No one wants to miss parts of the movie but going for a piss is important too.
I like how in India every movie gets an intermission regardless of length, be it if they are 90 mins long or 3 hours long.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
The movie needs intermission. No one wants to miss parts of the movie but going for a piss is important too.
I like how in India every movie gets an intermission regardless of length, be it if they are 90 mins long or 3 hours long.

Titanic didn't get an intermission. The LOTR movies didn't. Just don't chug a giant soda before the movie.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm ready now let me order tickets already!

This isn't too long, empty your bladder and pace yourself with that drink. Unless you're up there in age, you might wanna have a check up if 3 hours is too long to wait to piss.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always go to the bathroom before a movie anyway, sat through the whole Captain America trilogy in theatres without needing to go.

Apr 19, 2018
Has there been a longer running superhero movie that got a theatrical release in recent memory?

The only one I can think of is Dark Knight Rises.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Joe Russo is in India right now doing the Endgame fan event and he apparently explained the run time is not finalized yet:

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Considering some theatre chains have already arranged and scheduled screening times, I very much doubt this?

They can arrange times without a final run time. As long as the time they use isn't shorter than the final time, they're safe. They did it with Infinity War and Captain Marvel.

It's not 100% until Disney (you know, the studio actually releasing the movie) posts it to their press information. Theaters need a runtime that's close to the final time to schedule blocks of time for showings due to 20 min of ads and cleaning.

When Avengers: Infinity War tickets went on sale they posted a runtime of 156 minutes, the final run time was 149. When Captain Marvel tickets went on sale they posted 130 minutes, when the final was 124.

So THR was correct, it'll be around three hours, if it's not exactly three hours and two minutes.

Wait for it to be 178 or 179 minutes and the extended Russo Cut conspiracies to start like they did with Infinity War when the final runtime was 7 min shorter than the one posted when tickets went on sale.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Maybe the runtime could be different in other regions?

Again when tickets went on sale for Infinity War ALL theaters listed 156 minutes, the final run time was 149 minutes. Justice League was listed as 121 minutes, final was 119. Same thing with Captain Marvel, they listed 130 minutes, and the final was 124. They just need a time close to the actual time to schedule show times.

Feb 10, 2018
You folks have really bad bladder and bowel control, just take little sips and make sure you take a dump before.
Jeeez...

Apr 19, 2018

I can understand an intermission for something that's 3 hours long, but 90 minutes? I would find that kinda immersion-breaking.

Do the theaters themselves decide when the intermission breaks take place for any given movie?

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

it's like this in italy too. I was on vacation when spidey homecoming came out and was tripping balls when the movie just stopped, lights came on and it said intermission on screen for 10 minutes.