• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Finally got tickets on Fandango on Fri (Myself and my Uncle), Sat (Sis and Boyfriend), Tue(Myself in True Imax) and Wed (Mom/Dad).
Sucks that we cant all go together but everybody got their own godforsaken job schedules so it will do.

My CC is a mess, must have bought 7 tickets and cancelled some of them before everyone could come up with a conclusion XD

I definitely noticed that AMC tickets have an hour wait time? Whats up with that.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
The wife had the smart idea to get off our asses and go to the theater to get tickets. Got two for the 25th.

Screw this F5 nonsense.

Honestly this is probably everyone's best bet right now, the servers are fucked and I doubt everything will be running smoothly again anytime within the next few hours.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Man this Fandango queue thing is a pain. Might not be able to get good tickets until after the weekend ugh

Izzy

Oct 25, 2017
What an incredible trash fire this is!

I'm only suffering this because I'm traveling on movie weekend so I have to go through sites like Fandango. Otherwise I'd be out at the local box office picking them up.

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
Sat there for 2 hours refreshing and being denied. Of course it was going to be swamped. Felt like I wasted my time trying to reserve early.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know what's the best Dolby Theater in NYC? I keep hearing that's the next best thing if you don't have a true IMAX around you.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
6-7 o'clock showings for thursday at Regal theaters by me are barely half full. Too many people jumping on that AMC wagon.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got literally the last reserved seat, that just happened to be in the middle, in the best theater in my area. I'm never this lucky with these theaters on big releases.

JakeD

Nov 7, 2017
Stuck in queue hell on Fandango for the past hour and a half trying to get an AMC ticket. Checked out Regal's site and bought an RPX ticket opening night without any trouble.
thank you for this. struggled with fandango for 90 minutes before seeing this and remembering i have a regal nearby. tickets bought!

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
These theaters by me (Detroit area) are all sold out. I've got to imagine theaters will be adding showings as they sell out their first wave, right? I mean Thursday and Friday are all sold out

balhop

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Near Reading, PA
Has anyone managed to reserve seats at an AMC theater in person? If that works I may have to plan a trip to an IMAX one a few hours away.

Edit: Just saw the post above, just might consider it.

Last edited:

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Got tickets for a local theater, 25th at 6 pm, went through their website. Had 1 hiccup but it went through and I got a barcode/number for it.

Apr 19, 2018
Really wanted the 6pm IMAX showing on Thursday, but my AMC filled up in an instant during that brief window before tickets officially went on sale at 8am. I somehow got into the 10:50am showing Friday morning before the AMC app and site all went to shit.

Still can't log in to my credentials on the AMC app as of yet, but I did receive the email.

SlyCoug88

Jan 10, 2018
Dang good luck to everyone here. I hopped onto Cinemark's website right at 8 and didn't have any trouble. Unfortunately life is keeping me from being able to get to the theater until Saturday the 27th, but can't wait for opening weekend.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
I woke my wife up early (only 5m, or else I wouldn't be alive to type this) to get our tickets through the Regal app. 6:00 showing which means I'm going straight from work to wait in line...think I'll have some people earlier in the line to save some seats at least. I'm, uh, very excited.

Last edited:

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My preferred local cinema isn't doing presales yet so I grabbed a 7pm Thur showing at the Regal in Fenway. Going to be bonkers but whatever.

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
If I go to the physical AMC location, can they book through A-List? Also, do I have to go to the actual theater I want to watch at?

Deleted member 26900

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not my best work, but eh, it'll do.
HfTAuAu.jpg

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got to the point where I can select my seat on the Cinemark app but it won't get to a point where I can actually seal the deal here.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Got my tickets. Decent seats. I was surprised to see even Saturday afternoon tickets are going fast.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I woke my up early (only 5m, or else I wouldn't be alive to type this) to get our tickets through the Regal app. 6:00 showing which means I'm going straight from work to wait in line...think I'll have some people earlier in the line to save some seats at least. I'm, uh, very excited.
My dumb ass woke up at 3:50 AM (CST) so I could make breakfast, clean the dishes, & get ready for school before tickets went up. They went live right when I got on the bus to campus, but I'm half-dead & am barely functioning thanks to a protein bar.

MrChocolate

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yeahhhh. After 2 hours I finally could, and amazing tickets.

Got my tickets. Decent seats. I was surprised to see even Saturday afternoon tickets are going fast.

We already have every ticket booked from Thursday to Sunday in a few (big) theaters. 2D at least. It's crazy, with Infinity War I bought the tickets 40 minutes after the presale launched, and I got the exact same seats I barely could get now after 2 hours.

IAMtheFMan

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
For anyone in a city with a Kerasotes Showplace, use their app. I got tickets immediately for 6pm on Thursday this morning and just bought tickets for my niece and nephew on Sunday.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
finally my local theater put their tickets up

I'm in! 7:30pm thursday

so glad they use their own ticketing website

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
My dumb ass woke up at 3:50 AM (CST) so I could make breakfast, clean the dishes, & get ready for school before tickets went up. They went live right when I got on the bus to campus, but I'm half-dead & am barely functioning thanks to a protein bar.

I'm sorry pal. I don't live in a big city or anything so who knows whether they'll actually sell out but when we saw Infinity War we were waiting in line for at least an hour. Hopefully we're not stuck at the very back for Endgame.

Amathene

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Was refreshing the Cineplex app all evening and managed to get first pick of seats in IMAX. WHATEVER IT TAKES

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I couldn't get decent ones at the Alamo Drafthouse so we went with a newer alternative here in Austin (Moviehouse & Eatery). Good luck to everyone still trying.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Crossing my fingers for you folks still trying to get tickets. Every showing at my theater is now just a few seats away from being sold out. Most only have the handicapped seating left, and those seats don't have chairs for the most part. They're spots for wheelchairs, two of which include a chair for a companion.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a ticket for the 8:00pm showing on Thursday the 25th. Pretty decent seat too. The earlier showings only had front row seats left.