• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just walked out, surprisingly emotional for me.
Not even someone farting during the film ruined it. Don't think I ever need to see it again but it was a ride.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I was following the speculation thread pretty closely and while I haven't read any direct spoilers, I've pieced out certain plot points and I would like to know how close or far off I am on them. I'm seeing it tonight so no spoilers just a "hot or cold" would be nice.
Tony and Nebula show up back on earth (possibly getting saved by Pepper)
Captain Marvel shows up and the group forms an attack plan and leaves pretty much immediately
They lose to Thanos again and go back to Earth.
Time passes and Ant-man shows up years later.
Time travel shenanigans retrieving all the infinity stones (and destroying them?)

Good weather
Hot
40 degree day
Surface of the sun
Hot

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Endgame is equal to Winter Soldier.

All marvel movies try to hit a specific feeling but most of them target the same ones. Winter Solider and Endgame are the rare marvel movies that deviate from that target and hit the emotions you should be feeling throughout.

They are very different movies but they do exactly what they should be trying to achieve in a manner that is essentially almost flawless.

Endgame makes a mistake towards the end that really stands out because the movie ensures you are engaged and thinking throughout so an intentional mistake like this was really cheap. My hint for this mistake is think of who is in what machines for transportation.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
So, how important is seeing Captian Marvel before Endgame if I know the character from the comics pretty well? I just haven't had the time to get out to the movies by myself.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Arta you best not have spoiled it for me. Had to run right past your post but read maybe too much. Fuck I should've stayed out of this thread.

Bloodarmz

Jul 11, 2018
Well, this was a bad time to open this thread...
Sorry dude, but there is still a lot to enjoy in terms of surprises and character moments and the rest.

So, how important is seeing Captian Marvel before Endgame if I know the character from the comics pretty well? I just haven't had the time to get out to the movies by myself.
Not super important, I enjoyed the film but there isn't much to tie into Endgame apart from her being really powerful. The end credits tie into Endgame, but you can see that on Marvel Studios twitter.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am going to watch it TODAY!

It is going to be at 10:00 PM, it is 4:00 PM right now here in Brazil

Every movie theather is full holy shit lmao

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Sorry dude, but there is still a lot to enjoy in terms of surprises and character moments and the rest.

Not super important, I enjoyed the film but there isn't much to tie into Endgame apart from her being really powerful. The end credits tie into Endgame, but you can see that on Marvel Studios twitter.

I actually spoiled myself already on the CM post-credit scene a couple of days ago.

Fletcher

Oct 25, 2017
Afraid to google it and get any spoilers if there is. Are there after credits scenes on this one?

Bloodarmz

Jul 11, 2018

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got out from seeing it. I can't accurately put into words how good it was. Top MCU movie to me.

I was afraid I was going to stroke out from hype during one scene toward the end. That has NEVER happened before.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Really a great film to wrap up the arc. Even when the end credits rolled, I could have sat through more of that film. An all around great package.

ZeeAyKay

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think it would be a better experience to rewatch Infinity War (saw it once in theaters) or see Captain Marvel for the first time to prep for Endgame? Can't see Endgame until Monday...

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Saw my show last night. It was supposed to be Imax 3D but they fucked up the 3D several times and restarted the movie after 15 or so mins twice before giving up and going with non-imax 2D. So the entire time there were borders around the entire screen. I was pretty pissed but at least I got to see the movie. They didn't even turn off the lights until the movie was actually started so I didn't even know the real trailers were playing yet. And I thought when the movie started Marvel was doing a really bizarre opening short like a Pixar film. But no, they just fucked up.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I didn't like about this movie is that I got a Dark Phoenix trailer before.

Also, whining about deceptive marketing was such a dumb fucking concern.

mozbar

Feb 20, 2018
No spoilers.

Came out of my showing (Mozambique) and it was everything. I grew up as a nerd (bullied and such), and to see these superheroes on screen was something. Even better was having the whole room cheer in those genuinely awesome moments throughout the 3 hours. The country isn't doing so well (financially and recently hit with two cyclones), and I myself am unemployed at the moment.. But for those 3 hours, we all forgot that and enjoyed the ride.

Absolutely no regrets in using my savings for this.

Last edited:

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Waiting to get seated, it's been cool checking this thread out but when I walk out it'll be spoilers thread all the way. Hopefully those who have seen it also stay out and go to that thread.

Nov 27, 2017
California
"We watching Godzilla now?"
Someone from my showing

Long ass unnecessary Godzilla scene shown and double dark Phoenix trailer makes me wish they had a countdown for trailers for long movies cause it clocked at 22 minutes or 24 minutes

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I tried to go see a 6:45 showing, but it was sold out. I'm in the middle of nowhere and my shitty little three screen theater has it on two screens. It never sells out. It didn't sell on on Infinity War or The Force Awakens's opening nights. The only other time I ever tired to go to a movie there and it was sold out was way back in the day when I tried to go see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
As a kid, this was everything I ever wanted out of a comic book movie...as an adult it was everything I wanted to see and more. 10/10

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Seeing the movie in 2 1/2 hours, just came to post this and bailing out of the thread because my very light skimming saw hints of people saying things they shouldn't in this thread (although luckily I caught none of it!)...