• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Infinity War was the first time I attended a midnight screening. We thought we may not get to see the film because the screen froze completely during a Jurassic World 2 ad. Chris Pratt's face, with a look of complete awe, was all we saw for about ten minutes. A guy eventually came in and assured us that they could fix it, but the sense of dread in that audience was real, haha.

Got about twelve hours to go until Endgame, will stop drinking in six because I'm beyond paranoid about missing anything. Whatever it takes!
I'm gonna get my drinks in, during the first half of Infinity War, empty the tank between films and that should see me through. Not leaving for nothing.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe how good this was
I've never seen a crowd clap or erupt in cheers in a French theatre but they did several times here. Great experience, great movie.
The beginning was really slow, but it was used to build characters and make some necessary expo dumps.

One product placement will make a lot of people groan lol.

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
Heading in for my second viewing. Did Imax 3d for the first one and thought the 3d was pretty good. 2d this time.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Can i make the assumption that every topic with a spoilery title in the next months will be banned immediately? At least until the blueray is out?!

I'm waiting for the br but i still want to visit etcetera without reading something like "do you think thanos is really death?" etc.
(I'm making stuff up, i don't know the fate of thanos)

(Sorry for my engiish)

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Sitting in the theater watching ads and waiting for this to start.

I'm not ready.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i made it months without spoilers but accidentaly clicked on the wrong topic and the first post there is a huge spoiler. lol, good thing i don't really care that much but it sucks anyway.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Less than 7h to go. Let's make this fast.

giphy.gif

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
I pity anyone who doesn't enjoy this film. It was one of my very best moments ever in a cinema.

It's absolutely not perfect but still, so many moments are a childhood dream.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
I have a bunch of twitter mute filters but I'm so worried spoilers are going to show up in YouTube related videos. Is there any way i can stop that?

Plum

May 31, 2018
I have a bunch of twitter mute filters but I'm so worried spoilers are going to show up in YouTube related videos. Is there any way i can stop that?

I'm using an extension called Video Blocker which, on paper, should block channels and videos with keywords from showing up. I think it works cause there's an Endgame Ellen Show interview on Trending that appears on my phone but not on my PC.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
How necessary is it that I try to watch Antman 2 and Captain Marvel before seeing this? Not sure how to make the time for it, but I don't want to see this one if I'll be totally lost.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Just got back, and thought it was absolutely fantastic. I managed to pull off a successful media blackout, so I went into this completely fresh and I think it elevated everything even more. So it's pretty saddening to hear that the movie apparently leaked several days ago, and many people have been hating on it based on reading some dot-point plot details without context? Lame.

Plum

May 31, 2018
How necessary is it that I try to watch Antman 2 and Captain Marvel before seeing this? Not sure how to make the time for it, but I don't want to see this one if I'll be totally lost.

Neither are really necessary tbh; the links to Endgame itself in both of them can be summed up in a short sentence (I can do so if you want) so you'll mainly be watching for character stuff. Ant Man 2 is definitely the more 'essential' but tbh it's not that good of a movie so I wouldn't recommend that on quality alone.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Antman 2 is kinda necessary. CM mostly sets up her future adventures taking place in the past. So in a way, Endgame might work as an epilogue for her.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
i made it months without spoilers but accidentaly clicked on the wrong topic and the first post there is a huge spoiler. lol, good thing i don't really care that much but it sucks anyway.
Some guy tweeted me spoilers on twitter because i posted to a friend that i wasn't excited about the new Godzilla film because i found the 2014 film too slow. Apparently it's on me because the critics loved it so it was my punishment, lol.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Watched one video of avengers and Youtube decided that I want spoilers in my home page, fuck that stupid fucking site

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Posting open spoilers
Isn't this the spoiler thread? Mod Edit: Spoiler Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Last edited:

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you even have to use spoiler tags, GTFO out of this thread and go to the other one.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Are you fucking kiddng me akita.

Learn to fucking read. Although I'm pretty sure you did that on purpose. Bellend

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I'm pretty sure you knew exactly what you were doing, and I hope the mods respond in kind.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Well fuck it, I'm out. Basic reading comprehension would be nice.

At this point it's clearly intentional, hiding it behind "oh I don't know I'm just asking questions..." when the OP and title makes it exceedingly clear is just nonsense. Nobody is that stupid. Akita knew exactly what they were doing.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What the actual fuck. A mod has just edited it with no punishment a d just put a spoiler tags over it? In the no spoilers thread?

Plum

May 31, 2018
What the actual fuck. A mod has just edited it with no punishment a d just put a spoiler tags over it? In the no spoilers thread?

Seems that you can get away with posting blatant spoilers in a non-spoiler thread if you pretend that you're just "asking questions." That definitely won't embolden people to do similar things in the future.

EDIT: Just a day... yeah that's not gonna do shit to discourage more people doing the same thing.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm still looking forward to the film but, fuck, seeing that was some utter bullshit.

At least I've learnt the lesson that I can't even go here if something I'm looking forward to is coming out.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, looks like I just dodged a massive spoiler. Nowhere is safe it seems so I'm leaving the internet until Friday. See ya on the other side.