• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It just doesn't work with the tone of the trailer, everyone is recovering from the biggest loss of life in the history of the universe and you got Scott going, "Heyo, buddies, it'sa me, Ant-Man."

Just stop and sit in the fucking tone you established at the end of the last movie.

The entire point is that it's not the same tone as the rest of the trailer. It's meant to give some semblance of hope to the team, which is why Cap asks if the footage is live or not.

The movie is still going to have a ton of comedy because it's a superhero comic book film. Scott isn't going to somehow not be Scott

You're one of the few who seems to take issue with it so I think the tone was just fine.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It just doesn't work with the tone of the trailer, everyone is recovering from the biggest loss of life in the history of the universe and you got Scott going, "Heyo, buddies, it'sa me, Ant-Man."

Just stop and sit in the fucking tone you established at the end of the last movie.
Think of the trailers as part of the story, each a different act. We all know that the dead will return, but we have to live a year where they haven't. In the same sense, this trailer opens and focuses on sorrow, but ends on a note of hope (as far as Steve and Natasha are concerned, Scott was dusted, so how did he get back and can we do that with the other?!). The next trailer will build off that hope and flesh out their plan, but will likely end with Thanos retaining the upper hand.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
So if all life was halved, doesn't that kind of still defeat the purpose? Half as many animals and insects would mess up so many ecosystems on Earth... Also, if there's rare animals with only like 4 left, well now there's only 2? I don't see how this plan worked, lol.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Damn you for making Cap sad. :(

2uRmMsu.gif

still has time to spend an hour on his hair though.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
After this trailer, I'm going to do that crazy thing & try to go on media blackout with this film. I wonder how long I'll last.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yeah I'm not getting my hopes up but a quick 10 sec shot of something recognizable like zooming in our out on magneto's helmet in the very last post credit scene would be pretty cool... as long as it makes sense in the context of the film and if this film reboots the series. Maybe Marvel Studios is keeping certain things in mind that they do at the last minute if the deal goes through earlier than planned. I'm not sure how the film making process works but squeezing in a 10 sec post credits scene probably isn't that hard to do late in the cycle?

You can see Disney is already developing its plans for the Fox stuff.. the National Geographic logo is already on the Disney+ preview web site, and Disney+ comes out (late) next year although it does says in fine print 'subject to availability and closing 21CF transaction'

Either way I will be happy with or without any Fox marvel properties, a few years break from them may actually be good.

They wouldn't do it just to do it. A shot of Magneto's helmet wouldn't work under any context.

They're not going to add in an X-Men tease to this movie. X-Men in the MCU isn't happening until at least 2021.

bad_carbs

Oct 25, 2017
Not much to gather from the trailer story-wise, but it looks like the surviving avengers assumed Scott got snapped and that's why Cap thought that was a recording of Scott at the front door

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (permanent): advocating mass murder and a long history of trolling
I support Thanos, he was right, its just it didnt need to be random. Get rid of everyone who has a terminal sickness, has murdered someone, in prison, homeless people. and then make the rest random.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
So if all life was halved, doesn't that kind of still defeat the purpose? Half as many animals and insects would mess up so many ecosystems on Earth... Also, if there's rare animals with only like 4 left, well now there's only 2? I don't see how this plan worked, lol.
Thanos' plan was never about benevolence. It was all to prove to his dead homeworld that he was right.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
you don't replace almost 4 billions people in a few decades...

Ok, maybe 100 years. But the point remains. Deleting half of humanity / life seems like a very temporary solution on the grand scheme of things.

Not necessarily.

The population dropped in half but available resources stayed the same. Vastly more resources means third world countries become prosperous sooner and their birthrates plummet to match the west, of which most countries have stabilized below replacement rates.

Without developing nations (china, india) driving a pre-industrial population boom, the population stabilizes at lower levels and slower growth.

Or to quote Thanos: it worked on Titan. It'll work here.

Interesting theory, but humans like fuckin too much.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
Janet van Dyne: *stares into camera* I. HAVE. EVOLVED. SOMEHOW OR SOMETHING I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT I HAVE POWERS NOW *WINK WINK*
Marvel fans: Hmmmm I wonder how they're going to introduce the X-Men????

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
But the snap also included living resources, which includes animals/cattle raised for food. Even bugs too. That would drastically affect things since it would not increase resources, it would actually increase the SCARCITY of them. Likely that would lead to more hoarding by the people who DID survive.
Animals aren't a necessity in a human diet. Plant-based foods are generally pretty fast to grow and there'd be an abundance of it anyways since there'd be fewer animals to feed some of it. Insect numbers being cut in half might introduce some issues to some ecosystems, but they reproduce super fast & in big numbers, so it wouldn't be a long-term problem.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
NYC being invaded to the point you had to nuke it off the face of the earth is hardly "any problem."

There's no explanation that makes any sense why you would call CM at the first hint of a problem with the Snap, but never consider it when a legitimate alien invasion was on its way to...kill half the planet anyway, as Thanos does.

The only thing that makes sense is that CM was gone and couldn't be reached, and fury was hoping that MAYBE this time she'd show up.

Keep in mind that the starships the Guardiansl, Thanos, and even the Ravagers were using could cross interstellar distance from earth to Kree space in hours or days.

CM still has not shown up as of the beginning of endgame, despite being paged. Why is that?
I think Fury wanted to trust in the Avengers initiative before having to pull an Ace

The simplest and likeliest explanation is that she was indisposed until recently. And, that Fury only just recently learned that she was back in action such that he could page her.

Raptor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going the theory of "Good trailer = bad movie" this movie will be all sorts of incredible because this trailer was a bunch of nothing.

Which gives me hope.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Animals aren't a necessity in a human diet. Plant-based foods are generally pretty fast to grow and there'd be an abundance of it anyways since there'd be fewer animals to feed some of it. Insect numbers being cut in half might introduce some issues to some ecosystems, but they reproduce super fast & in big numbers, so it wouldn't be a long-term problem.
The snap included plants. Remember, it wiped out 50% of ALL sentient life.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm looking back at the trailer, it appears more likely Cap and Widow are surprised Scott is alive because he was thought to have been dusted as opposed to any extended time passing, no?

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Trailer showed no action, wonder how carefully will they avoid showing action scenes with Captain Marvel until her movie drops, i bet we get a final trailer like a week after, with her scenes...

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't think Rudd's appearance at the end was out of place at all. It's likely that he wouldn't know what's going on and would go to the Avengers for help. His attitude isn't out of character either; he seems to look at Cap as a person of authority and he treats Hank Pym in a similar way. That's just how he is. I don't even think that was an attempt at humor, but I could be misinterpreting.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
My very basic prediction is still the same. With Captain Marvel's help, the surviving Avengers are going to travel back through time and relive critical moments from the MCU history. They will change the outcomes in certain, subtle ways, so that Thanos can no longer succeed.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
The simplest and likeliest explanation is that she was indisposed until recently. And, that Fury only just recently learned that she was back in action such that he could page her.

This explanation is neither simple nor likely.

She was indisposed...for 25 years. Not on earth, not in Kree space, just elsewhere. Nobody knows. Freed up just in time to watch half the galaxy die because of Thanos. Who has been rampaging in space mass murdering every planet he can get his hands on since Gamora was what...six?

This is also on top of Ronan, who was explicitly in Kree space doing the same thing because he was some kind of religious fanatic. no one around to stop him.

The Ravagers, The Guardians, Thanos and his crew, The Grandmaster, and Ego all seem to have starships perfectly capable of getting from earth to wherever the hell they want in a matter of hours or days. The slowest I've seen was a trip quoted to take "a couple of months" to go from Sakaar to Asgard if they didn't use a wormhole. Where has CM been traveling to for 25 years? She could have gone back and forth to earth a thousand times over by caling a Space Uber.

How would Fury learn anything? SHIELD has been dismantled since Winter Soldier. He has no real networks or influence anymore. And the only way he can think of to reach out to Captain Marvel is a 90s era pager with some extra stuff glued to it. Those things are basically one way communication.

That theory has a ton of holes in it, man.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Hmmm looking back at the trailer, it appears more likely Cap and Widow are surprised Scott is alive because he was thought to have been dusted as opposed to any extended time passing, no?
yes. seems like people are getting thrown off b/c of the "is this an old clip". no significant time jump is implied with this

Raptor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanos walking like if he was on some sort of Gladiator fields looking all majestic, dude you just murdered half the galaxy lmao.