• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to see the nerd meltdowns after this comes out.

no way does it live up to the hype some of you are making it out to have.

Idk it didnt happen with IW where if any movie was gonna miss expectations that would be the one.

The Russos / Marvel have achieved something special

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Only on Era will you have the same people watch trailers and go On my fucking God they showed everything now bitch they didn't show anything

No shit, this teaser alone satiated or even drummed more hype than before

Like we still have fucking 5 months to go

Most likely a juicy big trailer might come during Super Bowl Weekend.

Then the Disney Hype machine of marketing takes over for Captain Marvel and End Game

Like y'all missed the meaning of teaser

You say this as to dismiss criticism, but there is nuance within these seemingly hypocritical stances. A good trailer has a good thematic focus, a certain through-line that runs through he whole trailer such that even if it "shows nothing" you leave with a general sense and emotion about what the movie is. For example, the original Inception trailer showed next to nothing but you left with a sense of the weird craziness the movie would be about and that it would have something to do with mind theft. This trailer doesn't really have a consistent through-line, it's a smattering of "trailer quotes" and mixed with serious and jokey bits.

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
It's a boring, uninspired title. I would rather have something like "infinity war" or "age of ultron." 'Endgame' is just so lackluster.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
It just doesn't work with the tone of the trailer, everyone is recovering from the biggest loss of life in the history of the universe and you got Scott going, "Heyo, buddies, it'sa me, Ant-Man."

Just stop and sit in the fucking tone you established at the end of the last movie.
Man, you moan about everything.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
For what it's worth, this is a perfect first trailer. It's letting us, as the audience, exist solely in that post-snap apocalypse with the characters, where everything is wrong, and just breath. On that note, I really wish they still did one shots because the post-snap pre-Endgame period would make for some awesome short stories.

Next trailer will be bombast for sure.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Aaaah "Ronin" hence the samurai-like way he wiped his blade. I get it now.

Why is he slicing humans tho?

As for the trailer, didnt expect to see much, but still wouldve liked a bit more.

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
For what it's worth, this is a perfect first trailer. It's letting us, as the audience, exist solely in that post-snap apocalypse with the characters, where everything is wrong, and just breath. On that note, I really wish they still did one shots because the post-snap pre-Endgame period would make for some awesome short stories.

Next trailer will be bombast for sure.

I remain so mad they got rid of oneshots. They would such a great way to build the world out.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Twist: Shuri got Ant-Man out of the quantum realm and is sitting in the back seat of Scott's Jeep. That's why she is 'missing'.

Anyway with regards to the Russo Brothers saying the title wasn't said in the last movie, technically they are right. Doctor Strange didn't say 'We are in the Avengers: Endgame now".

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Those sneaky guys changed the title lol loved the trailer though. Only thing I wanted to see was Hawkeye and they gave it to me. It's going to be an emotional rollercoaster

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Aaaah "Ronin" hence the samurai-like way he wiped his blade. I get it now.

Why is he slicing humans tho?

As for the trailer, didnt expect to see much, but still wouldve liked a bit more.
This is 100% speculation, but if Thanos happened in real life, we would have all sorts of nutty end of times cultists pop up and worship him. Those sorts would certainly be on someone who (presumably) lost their family's shit list.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I think like I said Fury had hope in the heroes he had to get the job done. Also maybe where Captain Marvel was, she couldn't just show up in the blink of an eye and wouldn't of gotten there in time to save the earth anyways.

It could also be calling her is meant for a "WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS" type of thing.

You seem pretty upset when we don't even know how Marvel's story goes yet

Relax buddy, when im upset you'll know.

I disagree with your interpretation for the reasons stated.

We'll see what happens, but until then speculation is the name of the game

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I hate my shitty sense of humor

6c610281eafd5ed584009404ef785c1e.jpg

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
You say this as to dismiss criticism, but there is nuance within these seemingly hypocritical stances. A good trailer has a good thematic focus, a certain through-line that runs through he whole trailer such that even if it "shows nothing" you leave with a general sense and emotion about what the movie is. For example, the original Inception trailer showed next to nothing but you left with a sense of the weird craziness the movie would be about and that it would have something to do with mind theft. This trailer doesn't really have a consistent through-line, it's a smattering of "trailer quotes" and mixed with serious and jokey bits.
the throughline is how the characters have personally reacted to the events of thanos's snap. the only joke is at the very end and it's been delivered by a character who missed the serious shit that went down. i think it's a pretty effective, low-key trailer that mirrors audience reactions to infinity war's ending.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
who uses endgame in a normal everyday conversation

name one instance you said that in public
Did you see the Warriors game last night? They truly are the Fellowship of the Rings.
Did you see the Pelicans game last night? They truly have The Two Towers.
Did you see the Lakers game last night? It truly was the Return of the King.

Checks out!

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I love that they are hopeless without the help of the two greatest Avengers:
Ant-Man and Hawkeye

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They showed nothing ahhhhhh but just about enough to get me hyped, this wait is gonna suck April is still so far away.

X05

Oct 25, 2017
So is Antman supposed to be dead? That why Captain is wondering if it's a recording? (I haven't seen the new antman)
He's presumed dead, as he was stuck in the Quantum Realm during the Snappening

However, I'm totally guessing here but
although the scene is made to look like it was a few years after IW, maybe it's just me but it looks like BW has her IW hair... so I think this is not long after the Snappening, but this Scott is one that has likely accidentally time travelled back.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
It just doesn't work with the tone of the trailer, everyone is recovering from the biggest loss of life in the history of the universe and you got Scott going, "Heyo, buddies, it'sa me, Ant-Man."

Just stop and sit in the fucking tone you established at the end of the last movie.

It's just a trailer man. Plus that's just the way Scott's character is. It's not like the movie is going to have really bad jokes that totally ruin really special moments in the movie and are a disservice to existing characters.