• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
That, uh... that was a weak trailer to me.

It's the Avengers sitting around moping. Not great trailer material.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
It being moved up to April means I definitely gotta see Captain Marvel early, like opening weekend.

Just realized that Captain Marvel releases the same day as Devil May Cry 5.

That's gonna be a hype ass Friday.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what happen to Valkyrie. She's like the only notable character left that wasn't in Avengers 3 and this trailer.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They couldn't show too much for obvious reasons but I'm hyped

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't really show much, but Hawkeye looks awesome. Also enjoyed the tone/atmosphere of it.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I should watch the 2nd Ant Man movie since it seems like he'll be important.

Not really, you only really need to see the post credit scene I suspect.

Spoilers for the scene if you want them:
Scott goes in to the quantum realm to get some healing particles to help the villain of ant Man 2 get better. Mrs Pym gives him a warning to stay away from time vortices. Then while he's in there, the snap happens and the Pym family are all dusted, stranding Ant Man in the quantum realm because he needed them to activate a device to get him back out.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Nah CM isnt going to be one of the people who got dusted. Otherwise the pager scene with Fury would serve no purpose, and that seems to be something that gets explained what that page is in CMs movie

Captain Marvel the movie takes place sometime in the 1990s. She didn't die because she got "dusted" she's been missing for years because something went wrong at the climax of her movie in the 90s.

Fury has clearly had that pager forever (its a damn PAGER) but not once did he use it to call her- and given that new york was invaded by aliens way back in Avengers 1 you would think he's had plenty of opportunity.

The only legitimate answer is that fury HAS been trying to contact her via that pager the whole time. It just never works because she's gone.

The Avengers head back to 1990-whatever to get her before she dies/vanishes, they bring her to the "present" and stop Thanos. She gets to the present, her pager goes off proving Cap and Crew are who they say they are and she's legitimately needed there.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Great teaser.

Seeing Scott like that in the trailer makes me feel stronger about my theory that he's the secret to all of this somehow. That, when Strange saw futures, even if they beat Thanos somehow, he always won eventually. That the only actually way to win for real somehow required Scott to be alive, so the entire plan was really just about delaying the snap so it wouldn't happen until Scott was safe in the Quantum Realm.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fury has clearly had that pager forever (its a damn PAGER) but not once did he use it to call her- and given that new york was invaded by aliens way back in Avengers 1 you would think he's had plenty of opportunity.

The only legitimate answer is that fury HAS been trying to contact her via that pager the whole time. It just never works because she's gone.

The Avengers head back to 1990-whatever to get her before she dies/vanishes, they bring her

Uh, no, he just didn't activate it because things never got beyond what his people could handle. Captain marvel obviously isn't gone by the end of her movie, but she's likely not on earth,, and the pager didn't magically fix itself just after the finale of infinity war.

Great teaser.

Seeing Scott like that in the trailer makes me feel stronger about my theory that he's the secret to all of this somehow. That, when Strange saw futures, even if they beat Thanos somehow, he always won eventually. That the only actually way to win for real somehow required Scott to be alive, so the entire plan was really just about delaying the snap so it wouldn't happen until Scott was safe in the Quantum Realm.

I don't think it was about him being safe in the quantum realm specifically, but him being in the quantum realm and his subsequent escape is going to give the avengers what they need to

time travel

and fix the mess, which would only happen if he got stranded there.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't kill thanos please

He's totally going to die. I dunno how else you'd deal with a fanatical psychopath that would simply go back to doing what he used to - wiping out half of all life on a planet by planet basis - if you undid the snap.

He still technically has half of his army as well so you couldn't even imprison the guy.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
Captain Marvel the movie takes place sometime in the 1990s. She didn't die because she got "dusted" she's been missing for years because something went wrong at the climax of her movie in the 90s.

The Avengers head back to 1990-whatever to get her before she dies/vanishes, they bring her to the "present" and stop Thanos. She gets to the present, her pager goes off proving Cap and Crew are who they say they are and she's legitimately needed there.

Steve, this is going to work