• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Avengers always have to fight trash tier mobs in their movies, or henchmen, etc, but we have no idea who they're even fighting in this one, it's driving me nuts! Even if they do time travel shenanigans like many believe, I still think they'd need to introduce some new villains in this movie for variety's sake. The marketing for this movie continually blows my mind.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I hope its revealed all the dusted were having the time of their lives in Soul World and didn't want to get rescued.

What if soul world is the hell dimension from Event Horizon? You could have Mephisto or Blackheart show up.

giphy.gif

RichYellowishEastsiberianlaika-size_restricted.gif

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Avengers always have to fight trash tier mobs in their movies, or henchmen, etc, but we have no idea who they're even fighting in this one, it's driving me nuts! Even if they do time travel shenanigans like many believe, I still think they'd need to introduce some new villains in this movie for variety's sake. The marketing for this movie continually blows my mind.

I'm wondering the same tbh

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Considering A1 and Ultron, I always thought they would flip it here by having the heroes being the mob instead.

I think villain will be Thanos but maybe...in different timeline? So 2 Thanos.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else hope the avengers go after thanos in the first act of the movie due to getting captain marvels help, but she gets her ass whooped and they have to retreat? I liked her movie but she needs to take an L and get grounded a little. Dont want superman syndrome where no one really feels like a threat.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Considering A1 and Ultron, I always thought they would flip it here by having the heroes being the mob instead.

I think villain will be Thanos but maybe...in different timeline? So 2 Thanos.

Yeah but it's a 3 hour movie, and you need several action scenes, how many did IW have? Like at least 10. We can expect a sequence of Ronin killing some criminals before Widow meets him. The whole team can face off against Thanos a couple times sure, but....the movie is 3 hours long! I CANT WAIT TO FIND OUT WTF THIS MOVIE IS ABOUT.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Yeah but it's a 3 hour movie, and you need several action scenes, how many did IW have? Like at least 10. We can expect a sequence of Ronin killing some criminals before Widow meets him. The whole team can face off against Thanos a couple times sure, but....the movie is 3 hours long! I CANT WAIT TO FIND OUT WTF THIS MOVIE IS ABOUT.

I assume going in that the film has very little to do with Thanos. He's done his thing, and killing him won't undo it. If the film has anything to do with Thanos, the best game plan wouldn't require his conscious awareness. I think it's most likely to be a complex heist. Once Thanos becomes aware of what has happened, it must be too late for him to go back and try again.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought about that but he might not allow them to take the infinity stones just in case they try and find a way to use them to undo the snap. Thinking he'll try and destroy one or more of the stones.

I think he knows they want the stones and destroys them when they fight him. Then they go back to their daily lives (Cap in the support group is after fighting Thanos), helping out civilians, Ant-Man returns and they get to know about the quantum realm and time vortex.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TBH I feel like we know a fair bit. I doubt there'll be anything too shocking in it. I won't bat an eye if Tony or Cap die.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It's weird to me that so many think early on in the movie we're going to have a fight between Avengers and Thanos where The Avengers lose. Why would they do that when they already dedicated a whole movie to it? C'mon...
They're not going to waste precious time repeating shit.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Cap's movies are some of the best in the MCU. I've also seen First Avenger get more love recently, which it deserves.

I've always really enjoyed First Avenger, and never really got why it didn't get enough love. Also, I'm down for anything with Hayley Atwell in it. I'm hoping we get some Peggy Carter in Endgame. But yeah, Steve Rogers is such a good character, and it's been really awesome seeing Evans grow into the role and pull it off as well as he did. He's Superman from a moral and ethical standpoint that doesn't come off self righteous. Of all of the characters the MCU got right, I think Cap is the best. And Spidey.

I didn't know Chris Evans as an actor before I saw Avengers, but his was the stand out performance in a film that included the great Robert Downey. I tried watching Iron Man but it didn't work for me (the first part looked like an unironic live action remake of Team America so I just gave up bothering.) The first Captain America, though, is a very finely directed period piece that brings out Evans' earnest charm.

I don't know the Steve Rogers of the comics or any earlier films. Chris Evans brought his Steve Rogers to life in a way that stamped his personality indelibly into the DNA of the Marvel film franchise. I'm fully prepared for his possible departure. I hope Steve sticks around in the MCU though, in retirement. It would cost next to nothing to give us an occasional cameo.

I only knew him from Not Another Teen Movie and Fantastic Four, so I was very surprised to see him cast as Cap. I'm glad to have had my reservations summarily stomped. XD

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
It's weird to me that so many think early on in the movie we're going to have a fight between Avengers and Thanos where The Avengers lose. Why would they do that when they already dedicated a whole movie to it? C'mon...
I mean a) it lets them get a major action sequence early in the movie
b) who says they lose? What happens if they win, kill Thanos, but it ends up being for nothing because they still can't undo what he'd done? What happens when 'avenging' isn't enough?

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I think they fight him at the beginning and "win" but he destroys the infinity stones. The point of the movie is to undo the snap by going back in time and do something with the stones. What they do with them I don't know.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man I hope if they fight Thanos at the start that they win but it's futile, way more interesting than losing at the start to me.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Yup. The gauntlet is fucked up but the gems are still whole.

Thank you.

Side note: As powerful as the avengers are, even Cpt. Marvel, most of them are pretty much brute force (save Ant Man and Doc Strange, the latter being ether'd) and from the first movie, Thanos is incredibly powerful even without the gauntlet (I think he did give Hulk a beat down whilst wearing the gauntlet with the purple power gem attached to it).

Given the power to bend space and temporarily alter reality still residing with Thanos, I wonder how the addition of Cpt. Marvel will make a huge impact.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I don't think they're going to fight him early on. With how Doctor Strange stressed only ONE scenario sees them victorious, it'll feel weird to have some sort of pseudo win and then turn around actually lose and then figure out another way. It'll just feel weird.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
I don't think they're going to fight him early on. With how Doctor Strange stressed only ONE scenario sees them victorious, it'll feel weird to have some sort of pseudo win and then turn around actually lose and then figure out another way. It'll just feel weird.
I feel they will keep him ffrom getting the new gauntlet made initially that let's him harness the stones. And finally have a show down of thanos and his minions vs the avengers with them holding fort on a planet with thanos throwing everything at them to get to him ol (I dunno his name )

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I feel they will keep him ffrom getting the new gauntlet made initially that let's him harness the stones. And finally have a show down of thanos and his minions vs the avengers with them holding fort on a planet with thanos throwing everything at them to get to him ol (I dunno his name )
Is he really all that powerful without the gauntlet? I know he's super strong but still...seems like he wouldn't stand a chance against Thor with stormbreaker, let alone Thor AND Captain Marvel.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Is he really all that powerful without the gauntlet? I know he's super strong but still...seems like he wouldn't stand a chance against Thor with stormbreaker, let alone Thor AND Captain Marvel.

I'd have to assume he's gonna have a couple of Infinity Stones, even if he doesn't have them all. Dude's getting washed if Thor and Carol roll up on him without any.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Tickets has been on sale here in my place since Jan/Feb.
Still didn't get it yet since the movie opens in weekday.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

If they fight him early on, I don't think it's with Tony. And only he knew about the "one scenario" business.

On Earth, they'll want revenge immediately after seeing all their friends die.

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
So we can assume there first mission is to protect Tyrion from thanos or basically the plan is to set a trap for him when he comes to get another gauntlet made.

He doesn't need another gauntlet? He succeeded in his mission and vanished off to tend his farm. Don't think he gives much of a shit anymore and if he did, I wouldn't expect him to think that anyone is going to find him when he could be anywhere in the universe.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Thanos confirmed the main villain now? I thought this movie wasn't gonna be focused on him? Haven't really been following the news even though I'm super hyped

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Same with me. I feel like I'm the only person that doesn't find him funny.

I would probably be on board if I were still the 14 year old version of me who thought Family Guy was the edgiest shit ever.

I tried to watch Deadpool. I really just can't enjoy the humor. That "did he really just say that?!" type shit but it's every fucking line. I know that's the character, and he breaks the fourth wall and all that other fun stuff. It's just not for me. And that's okay.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
He doesn't need another gauntlet? He succeeded in his mission and vanished off to tend his farm. Don't think he gives much of a shit anymore and if he did, I wouldn't expect him to think that anyone is going to find him when he could be anywhere in the universe.
Well im assuming he needs the gauntlet so he can keep the stones together and away from anyone who would want to do undo what he did. Ooohh..actually it would make sense if he tried to kill Tyrion and keep someone from undoing what he did. So yes, that makes better sense

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
True true. Hmmm. I feel like maybe he could harness a stone at a time just like Loki did. That would make him powerful

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Is Thanos confirmed the main villain now? I thought this movie wasn't gonna be focused on him? Haven't really been following the news even though I'm super hyped

All of the villain rumors on the internet are bullshit, just no one knows how long he's in it. He's the main character of IW, but Endgame is about wrapping up the OG Avengers' stories.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
I think they all go after him in the beginning, but I dont think Thanos will fight. Maybe they piss him off and he pulls specters of those who were snapped, but Im not expecting him to fight until they come up with a plan that he believes might actually reverse the snap.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
The gauntlet still works, he used it to teleport right after the snap. And he could restore it with the time-stone.

And it's not Tyrion, it's Eitri!