• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think Cap will be taken back to the 40s right after the war has ended as his bitter sweet ending where he can finally take Peggy out on a date. Then fast forward to the present and will be presented with the current cast, all remembering what happened, but will be greeted by an old Cap who is now the highest official in SHIELD, also with the memory of everything that happened.
This would be interesting because it would allow Marvel to keep Captain America in the MCU as "Old Cap", and avoid paying Chris Evan's ever increasing fees by recasting the character. I'm guessing Steve's supersoldier serum would make him age more slowly, à la Wolverine.

Now I'm wondering who amongst the old guard of Hollywood actors could play Old Cap. My first two ideas were Jeff Bridges and Kurt Russel, but they've both been in the MCU already lol.

edit: OMG I got the perfect casting: Dolph Lundgren.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
How convenient all the original Avengers survived:
MV5BNDYxNjQyMjAtNTdiOS00NGYwLWFmNTAtNThmYjU5ZGI2YTI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,675,1000_AL_.jpg
fury dead

racism

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So why isn't Carol present during the white suit walkout? Does she not need one for the time travel hijinks or is she not even present at that point? I hope she's present throughout the movie.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
His hammer is not in the trailer and we have no confirmation that they go back in time from the trailers.
Well no because the trailer doesn't show much, but
we all know they go back in time. Clues are in the trailer. We have leaked set shots showing everyone from the first film in their first film outfits in New York.

Mod Edit: This isn't the spoiler/leaks thread. Added spoiler tags.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really wonder how much money Robert Downey has earned from Iron Man 2008 to EndGame.

It must be a massive amount. Could probably run a small country with it.

Estimates placed it at around $200 million before Infinity War even came out. Marvel gambled big time on him and it paid off for everyone involved.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
That reminds me of this from Justice League
Vandal+savage+in+the+justice+league+world+ended+because+superman+_07a35d5e863528b9af16fd4339d25bcb.jpg

Dude destroyed the planet and killed the Justice League and helped Superman go back in time to fix it

One of my fave episodes, i love this trope, Marvel has used it too, in the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance game you could unlock/DLC Dr. Doom as a playable character and the explanation was that he destroys the world in the future so he traveled back in time to help you stop his past self.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they really want a scene of Captain Marvel getting manhanded by Thanos with the possibility of a certain part of the audience cheering to that.

It's practically a faux pas at this point.

As for the rest, why go after Thanos? Gauntlet is busted. Revenge?
EPTzfI5.png

Seem pretty lively. I am expecting half of the light to be off.

Surprise Thanos! Half the people can still waste the same amount of resources.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Tanks were susceptible to conventional weaponry like grenades. How does someone who tanked Ironman's arsenal and left with the tiniest of cuts get hurt by a pistol or an arrow? Your analogy makes sense only if we're talking not fighting a being with the power to throw a moon at you.

A less powerful character can get closer if Thanos doesn't expect their approach to be lethal. Not that I think Thanos will be attacked or that it would be interesting if he were.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
latest

I'm definitely starting to think this happens, with all the Hickman influences on Infinity War and Endgame. I think they capture a weakened Thanos at the beginning and we get some juicy scenes of everybody interacting with him while he's captured, then years later Scott shows up and they realize they can go back and save everyone, but doing so means they have to fight the full-powered Infinity Gauntlet Thanos again.

That's....Not too crazy of a theory tbh.

Either way, I feel like most people are agreeing that there will be SOME form of time travel. It's the easiest deus ex machina to revive the other Avengers.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have to say, I'm not convinced that the film following half of existence dying is the one I'd choose to plant my flag on that hill for.

I personally think it's ridiculous that Iron Man and Captain America are so serious in this. Thor too, considering he could beat Thanos at this point. I mean you still have half of existence to be happy and fight for and all the original Avengers are still alive. What happened to having fun in superhero movies?

This is what I'm talking about. My entire theater clapped when this scene happened in Winter Solider.