• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the timeline fuckery is going to set up some comsic shit for the future MCU films. I feel like this was hinted at when Strange used the time stone in his solo film.

give me another 10 year slow burn that leads to incursions

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So theres a chance theres 2 thanos at once?
Thanosi confirmed.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I don't like the poster, it feels Star Warsy if that makes sense.

Trailer was dope though, can't wait

(Seeing Captain Marvel next week, hype!)
Those types of posters all look the same cause they're very easy to make and look alright. No need to attempt an art piece cover for the marketing when it's not as safe and can be mocked. Can always save the artsy ones for special editions or posters

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

The most we'll get is a dialogue-only tease, like someone mentioning that the "repaired" universe came back different. A totally non-committal tease that doesn't require casting any actors or signing any contracts but signals the "next phase" of the universe moving forward without mentioning anything or anyone specific.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
Based on Infinity War, Strange and Stormbreaker Thor would easily beat Thanos without the gauntlet, I bet you're okay with that though.

I see what you're trying to insinuate, but before you get on your soapbox let me assure you that my opinion is not based on the fact that Captain Marvel is female.

You're wrong, by the way. I wouldn't be OK with that. We've seen Thanos beat up Hulk without using the stones (he had the power stone but didn't use it as it wasn't glowing during their fight), so it's safe to assume that none of our heroes are physically capable of beating him in a 1v1 fight. If memory serves, his skin is nigh on indestructible too so I would assume Carol's blasts wouldn't do much to him no matter how powerful she is.

Ignoring all this power level nonsense though, I think Thanos is a fantastic character and it makes for a better story for him to be unbeatable by any SINGLE character on their own.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you guys watch the end of the trailer with the logo, the Avengers theme is playing and starts playing in reverse.

Well.... there you go.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I'm so hype to see Rocket and Antman interact with everyone. I'm so happy that they are going to be important in this one because they are not your typical heroes.
Granted, Rocket knows his space opera stuff, he has saved the galaxy twice. But it's so cool that he's going to be an Avengers lol.
But Antman, well he's just a little thief who loves his little girl... And he's going to save the cosmos. This is so cool.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tbh he gave marvel studios 4 movies that hit the billion mark (avengers, ultron, iron man 3, inifinity war....last one hitting 2 billion)

the guy deserved his pay day

Jon Favreau doesn't get enough credit. There's no marvel universe without Iron Man and there's no Downey Jr without Favreau taking a huge chance on him. I'd love to see that story on film one day.

Downey during Chaplin was untouchable. He was Depp, Fairbanks and Olivier all wrapped up in one exquisitely crafted bad boy heartthrob image.

Until, realizing someone had broken into your house during the night and you found him asleep in your bed thrashed out on coke and luuuuudes with no memory of how he got to a stranger's house in Malibu.

And his resurrection is astonishing. Sober. Well liked. Scandal free. Louis B. Mayer money. Tentpole of this generation's star wars.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I think Cap will be taken back to the 40s right after the war has ended as his bitter sweet ending where he can finally take Peggy out on a date. Then fast forward to the present and will be presented with the current cast, all remembering what happened, but will be greeted by an old Cap who is now the highest official in SHIELD, also with the memory of everything that happened.

The writers of Jumanji are going to sue.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
MCU pretty much is RDJ and friends

that's why i don't think they have the balls to kill him off. It'll be a Halo 3 master chief style "Wake me when you need me" retirement, so they can bring him in for cameos if needed
Agreed. Cap will die and Tony will retire and stop by for some snarky comments and an occasional cool action scene every now and then until the end of time.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And people wonder why the MCU gets compared to Star Wars. For like two or more generations, the MCU movies are the blockbusters, characters, and cinematic events of their childhood and teen years

My younger brother (17) has already said how he can't wait to show his kids the Marvel movies one day and be able to say how he saw Infinity War opening night on IMAX
Yep the Star Wars of our generation

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
So there's gotta be a reason to find Thanos. Maybe reverse it? They must know how to wield the gauntlet as well. If they don't, this just looks like a non-violent revenge movie.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those white suits at the end just make me think of the Fantastic Four. It would be cool if in the FF movie they makes suits inspired by these and then they get their powers.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So theres a chance theres 2 thanos at once?

It's quite possible that screwing with the past actually changes the timeline and things don't play out the way they did initially. I don't mean, like, Thor warns Heimdall of everything that happens in the next few years and effectively prevents the events of Thor 2 and Thor 3 from happening, but I can see Thanos becoming much more involved earlier than intended if he notices someone else is finding the Gems before he can.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
tbh he gave marvel studios 4 movies that hit the billion dollar mark (avengers, ultron, iron man 3, inifinity war....last one hitting 2 billion) and tons more hitting over 500 mill

the guy deserved his pay day

He's the star of the entire $20 billion MCU franchise. This whole thing doesn't get off the ground if without his performance in Iron Man 1

You're also forgetting Civil War which hit a billion and Spider-Man Homecoming which hit $880 :P

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Yeah, they nailed the trailer.
It's inspiring, pays respect to the last 10 years, has a sense of finality to it...

I can't wait to see this movie. I haven't been so hyped about going to a movie in a long long time, it truly feels like an event.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Question - if Thanos sleeps with the Infinity Gauntlet on, can he accidentally destroy the universe during a bad dream?

Does the Infinity Gauntlet require an active conscious to work? Is it just a tool or does it have its own sentience?