• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I think Cap will be taken back to the 40s right after the war has ended as his bitter sweet ending where he can finally take Peggy out on a date. Then fast forward to the present and will be presented with the current cast, all remembering what happened, but will be greeted by an old Cap who is now the highest official in SHIELD, also with the memory of everything that happened.
Yeah, that's where I'm at too. If time travelling is introduced here as people think, my sure bet for Cap goes from "he dies, obvs" to "he's going back in time to be with Peggy, obvs". Either way, he's out of MCU

Also, main thing I took away from this, chiefly from ScarJo's multiple hair styles, is we've seen multiple universes in this trailer.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think Cap will be taken back to the 40s right after the war has ended as his bitter sweet ending where he can finally take Peggy out on a date. Then fast forward to the present and will be presented with the current cast, all remembering what happened, but will be greeted by an old Cap who is now the highest official in SHIELD, also with the memory of everything that happened.

That would be a beautiful conclusion to his story arc.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
IT'S. ALMOST. TIME. FOLKS.

fear-itself-7-018.jpg
This moment with this music fucking blaring

I need it

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
latest

I'm definitely starting to think this happens, with all the Hickman influences on Infinity War and Endgame. I think they capture a weakened Thanos at the beginning and we get some juicy scenes of everybody interacting with him while he's captured, then years later Scott shows up and they realize they can go back and save everyone, but doing so means they have to fight the full-powered Infinity Gauntlet Thanos again.

Wow, I don't know if this is subtly based on leaks or pure guesswork, but I 100% believe this is going to be the movie now.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
gotdam, did any one get teary? I was a kid when I started watching this franchise and now it's the arc is finally going to end.
It's like my childhood and early adulthood flashing before my eyes.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I don't know if this is subtly based on leaks or pure guesswork, but I 100% believe this is going to be the movie now.

I haven't seen any leak mention this, it's just a guess because of how many Hickman influences have been in Infinity War and Endgame, as well as making a lot of interesting narrative sense (are they willing to undo this victory to try and save everyone they lost?)

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
What if instead of Mijolnir getting lifted by Cap in the comic scene, he has the gauntlet somehow fixed and snaps saying avengers assemble, which then undusts all of the marvel characters in one epic battle shot.

Nah gimme the hammer lift

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
If you ask me, I don't even think there'll be a fight at all. Thanos is done, right? Why would he need the Infinity Gems any more? What if they find Thanos but, when they confront him with the intention of undoing The Snap, he just destroys the gems so they can't?

Then the movie can be about going back through time, messing with the Infinity Gems so Thanos can't wipe out half the universe with them, then everyone fights him on Earth just before The Snap happened and, in a glorious free for all, defeats him even with all six Infinity Gems.

I think he destroys the stones when they confront him, initially.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I haven't seen any leak mention this, it's just a guess because of how many Hickman influences have been in Infinity War and Endgame.

I LOVE the idea of a hollow revenge victory against Thanos not giving them the closure they need, and gambling the fate of the universe by fucking around the timeline and fully powerd gauntlet Thanos.

megashock5

Oct 27, 2017
Powell, Ohio
gotdam, did any one get teary? I was a kid when I started watching this franchise and now it's the arc is finally going to end.
I was already married with kids when the MCU started, and I still got emotional.

I grew up with these characters in the comics, and I can't believe what Fiege and co. have been able to pull off.
I still can't believe there's a two-part blockbuster about the Infinity Gauntlet (and that I watched a movie about Krees and Skrulls last weekend).
It's unreal.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I was already 19 when I first saw Iron Man but man, I still got emotional. I watched most of the movies at the cinema, with different groups of friends, ex-girlfriends and so on. It's been a damn long journey and one hell of a ride.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Any hints on when tickets will be available?
I'd like to know too. I saw speculation that they may go on sale tomorrow based on the timing for (one/some of?) previous films, but nobody seems to know for sure.

Do they ever announce the sale dates in advance?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you guys want a real crazy next level prediction: what if after years of captivity, the guilt-ridden Thanos is actually the one who encourages them to go back in time and stop him?

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. That was OK. Hopefully the movie is an improvement on Infinity War. If it is your stereotypical, "all the stuff we've beeen through!!!1! Has led us 2 this!1111" then I'm want a refund.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to know too. I saw speculation that they may go on sale tomorrow based on the timing for (one/some of?) previous films, but nobody seems to know for sure.

Do they ever announce the sale dates in advance?

They have in the past and it was tied with the launch of a trailer. Sometimes we get leaks for theater employees that see promotional material with dates and such.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen any leak mention this, it's just a guess because of how many Hickman influences have been in Infinity War and Endgame, as well as making a lot of interesting narrative sense (are they willing to undo this victory to try and save everyone they lost?)

One of the running themes should be a "passing of the torch".

So the old school Avengers sacrificing everything to bring back people that are gone, people who will defend Earth in the future seems like a given.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Great trailer and I don't know why but I love that little exchange at the end with Marvel and Thor.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
And people wonder why the MCU gets compared to Star Wars. For like two or more generations, the MCU movies are the blockbusters, characters, and cinematic events of their childhood and teen years

My younger brother (17) has already said how he can't wait to show his kids the Marvel movies one day and be able to say how he saw Infinity War opening night on IMAX

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
There's no way there killing off one of the headliners for the MCU going forward 20 minutes into the movie.

With all this speculation about team members dying early I'm getting vibes similar to Terry Pratchett's Jingo, in which one of those calendar/planner gadgets gets stuck recording events in an alternate reality and announces a character's death in battle every few seconds.

I really hope we get some retro stuff in this film.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
"Let's go stop a literal god. Widow and Hawkeye don't forget youe pistol and bow & arrow. That just might be plot super effective."

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Shit...you're right. I think alot of the action set pieces shown in this trailer is from the first round. 2nd round remain a secret because it'll be the most epic ensemble ever.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the poster, it feels Star Warsy if that makes sense.

Trailer was dope though, can't wait

(Seeing Captain Marvel next week, hype!)

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
They really don't want to show a thing from this movie. Of course it's hard when you can only show things from very early, otherwise you have to show snapped-folks alive, or give away the plot of how they're going about it.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I am so hype for this, it's gonna be good!
All the Mjolnir discussion in here making me really want that moment to happen.