• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I think people don't want that, even those who genuinely like CM. She's the new leader of the Avengers, she'll be the heart of who knows how many more movies. This movie is about Steve and Tony and possibly Bruce etc.'s sendoff. They want them to have closure. It's not about power levels or misoginy, really, it's just wanting an ending to the story of some characters they followed for 10 years.

Exactly. I really enjoyed CM but I dont want to have Carol be the one to defeat Thanos

It needs to be one of the original Avengers. This is the close to their story

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
There's no way there killing off one of the headliners for the MCU going forward 20 minutes into the movie.
Not going to happen. I have my money on "Ok we can try this, but Thanos still has the time stone, he can undo anything we do, UNLESS someone more powerful than anyone he faced before keeps him busy long enough". She'll go distract/beat up Thanos while they fix things.
Keep Thanos busy for so long that Widow has her hair grow back out to red again? The scene at the investors meeting suggests they're about to go right then and there to fight Thanos, and Widow is still blonde. It's a time travel movie. Whatever happens, they can undo it.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I did watch it. I seen all of them lol. I'm still confused. Yes I watched the ending credits too.
Well then you should know that
Scott is presumably trapped in the Quantum Realm with Hope, Hank and Janet all being dusted when the sent Scott back into the QR.

Any talk of time travel is pure speculation based on this scene.

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I didn't think I could be more hyped than I was for Infinity War but I'm getting there.

My only comment at this time is why did Jeremy Renner regress into teenage punk?

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honest question ... would the Avengers really need Captain Marvel to beat Thanos?

Thor with Stormbreaker nearly killed him in Infinity War, he just was a bit too late. I always assumed he's now somewhat on par with Thanos.

But i sure won't say no to Captain Marvel going Super Saiyan and blasting some energy shots at Thanos. ^^
I think showing Hawkeye die was a mistake. Why would they do that?

Where does Hawkeye die again?

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Well then you should know that
Scott is presumably trapped in the Quantum Realm with Hope, Hank and Janet all being dusted when the sent Scott back into the QR.

Any talk of time travel is pure speculation based on this scene.
*looks into camera*

"SCOTT

HEY

SCOTT

SCOTT!

LOOK OUT FOR

FOR THOSE TIME VORTEXES

TIME

VORTEXES

GOT IT?

TIME VORTEXES

OKAY?"

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
There seems to be a time jump between the scene with Captain Marvel in the trailer and the scene with them all walking in the suits, judging by Black Widow's hair.

Not really spoilers, just speculation, but tagging it just in case -

It seems fairly evident that Captain Marvel joins up with the Cap and the others early on in the film. Probably before Tony and Nebula arrive back on Earth. So it's odd that Captain Marvel would meet up with them early on, but wouldn't be walking with the team in this hangar shot that seems to occur much later in the film.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Did we see if Shuri was dusted or not? I have a feeling her research on Vision is going to play a role into all of this.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really spoilers, just speculation, but tagging it just in case -

It seems fairly evident that Captain Marvel joins up with the Cap and the others early on in the film. Probably before Tony and Nebula arrive back on Earth. So it's odd that Captain Marvel would meet up with them early on, but wouldn't be walking with the team in this hangar shot that seems to occur much later in the film.

It sounds silly, but she may be busy with Thanos.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Keep Thanos busy for so long that Widow has her hair grow back out to red again? The scene at the investors meeting suggests they're about to go right then and there to fight Thanos, and Widow is still blonde. It's a time travel movie. Whatever happens, they can undo it.
You know what I CAN see it but I don't want to give the haters that satisfaction.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
A very effective trailer.

I liked it.

I wonder whether we'll see another film of this size that's able to have a marketing campaign that deliberately shows so little of the film itself again?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
infinity-006-033.jpg

If it hasn't been pointed out Carol is going full Binary when Thanos hits her in that scene.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I love all the fan theory and story crafting people are coming up with. I read just as much going into Infinity War, and while some was correct, there were still a shitload of genuine surprises. But honestly, it wasn't just the story beats/details that made IW so great for me. It was seeing how expertly everything was interwoven and how engaging all the little things were. I see End Game being no different. I can imagine there will be dozens of smaller moments not worthy of speculative fan discussion that will elevate this film to a whole other level. That is where the real magic is and what I look forward to seeing the most.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I see they're avoiding showing the particular time traveler who's going to wield the new Infinity Gauntlet.

1754a071fb5ae04b3f502327b293beb75eb781b3_hq.jpg

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its genuinely crazy to me they haven't shown a single full shot of Thanos or one of the fights

Crazy

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
latest

I'm definitely starting to think this happens, with all the Hickman influences on Infinity War and Endgame. I think they capture a weakened Thanos at the beginning and we get some juicy scenes of everybody interacting with him while he's captured, then years later Scott shows up and they realize they can go back and save everyone, but doing so means they have to fight the full-powered Infinity Gauntlet Thanos again.

Oct 27, 2017
Do some people really expect that? There is no way Carol will win against Thanos or even land the killing blow. My guess is that it's gonna be mainly Tony, Cap and Thor in the final battle against Thanos.

And Hulk! He needs a shot at his revenge too!

Did we see if Shuri was dusted or not? I have a feeling her research on Vision is going to play a role into all of this.

I think the first trailer showed her among the dead.

She was recorded as missing on one of the monitors someone is looking at. It would be cool if she's in this as well.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Its genuinely crazy to me they haven't shown a single full shot of Thanos or one of the fights

Crazy
I thought it would just be marketing BS, but they actually committed to barely showing anything and showing none of the set-pieces for the biggest blockbuster of the year. It's kind of amazing

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I really wonder how much money Robert Downey has earned from Iron Man 2008 to EndGame.

It must be a massive amount. Could probably run a small country with it.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
OK. Thanks.

Another question: Is Stormbreaker similar to the hammer? What I mean is... can anyone lift it or just Thor? Because I wanted Captain America to lift the hammer in the very last fight (but that dream was shattered with Ragnarok) so I was wondering if that scene could still happen but with Stormbreaker.
I don't think there's an enchantment but Thor did make a comment about how the GOTG would lose their minds which is why they couldn't all get Thanos killing weapons. Maybe Cap uses it without that happening to him.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

My personal theory is that the movie begins with a long timeskip.

Honestly, Widow's hair make everything pretty confusing.

She's got red hair with some blonde in the scene she's talking to Steve about moving on (implying she never redyed them and let the grow in the post-IW spleen).

Then they're long and blonde in the shooting range scene and in the scene where she meets Ronin.

Then they're short and red in the spacesuits scene.

I can't make sense of it really.

Jan 2, 2018
Me / all of us in the theater...

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

Also was there some significance to highlighting certain things red during the flashback sections, or is that just a visual nod to the Marvel logo?

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy, but on the other hand wouldn't fit the feeling / message / marketing they're going for.

Yeah that's the other surprise

They are selling this film as very dark / gloomy. Absolutely makes sense given the heavy things going on in the story but it's pretty rare to see a big tentpole film sell itself like this

I'm loving it though. They've shown so little the movie itself should be surprising as hell

Eulala

Aug 8, 2018
Oh neat, Okoye made it into the poster again!

And not sure if the Captain Marvel costume on the poster is just placeholder. She's got gold shoulders by the end of her movie. I wonder if she'll have a slightly altered costume. Hoping for a sash!

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think Cap will be taken back to the 40s right after the war has ended as his bitter sweet ending where he can finally take Peggy out on a date. Then fast forward to the present and will be presented with the current cast, all remembering what happened, but will be greeted by an old Cap who is now the highest official in SHIELD, also with the memory of everything that happened.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Really liked the trailer, really cheesy in the beginning but then it turns good.
Hype!