• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
We better get this for real this time

Captain-America-faces-Thanos-in-Infinity-Gauntlet.jpg

Thanos_Shatters_Captain_America_Shield.png

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like these are from the same scene:

1xxk9z.jpg

2rukwl.jpg

3smkeg.jpg

Kind of feels like an end of Act 1 battle scene where they all lose, and nobody's noticing Ant-Man cause he's so small, and he dives down into the Quantum Realm to travel back through a time vortex or something. Would be kinda cool.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I like how Marvel knows they don't need to show anything and yet still get hype levels rising.

Okoye being on the poster makes me smile.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
If we think Time Travel shenanigans are going to be the route the movie takes, how will this go? Stealing the time stone from the gauntlet in the failed battle? Or Quantum Realm/Speed Force fuckery?

Really popular theory out there is that Strange gave Thanos a time stone from a different time.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they're not revealing anything about the story which is good. At the same time, the trailer didn't do anything for me.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
If you already knew, then there was no real tension to begin with.

We all know dusted people live, I know realistically Tony doesn't die in space. But in movie, I didn't know. That shot says "yeh forget about that, they're fine." Especially since first trailer and half of this one was "things dont look good for Tony!"

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like these are from the same scene:

1xxk9z.jpg

2rukwl.jpg

3smkeg.jpg

Kind of feels like an end of Act 1 battle scene where they all lose, and nobody's noticing Ant-Man cause he's so small, and he dives down into the Quantum Realm to travel back through a time vortex or something. Would be kinda cool.

I think they attack Thanos first, loses and then they use time vortex to go back in time

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
However if she doesn't because she never heard of him but she also STUMBLES upon Tony that would still be unimportant but also absolutely histerical.

A lot of plotting in fiction is coincidence. It's an absolutely astounding coincidence that Prospero's enemies are delivered to the sea around his island so he can engineer a shipwreck and settle the score. What are the odds that Thor's half-dead body will be picked up and revived by The Guardians? It's a narrative convention.

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Great trailer, right in the feels, but i'm having a growing feeling that Thanos will not be the villain of this movie.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
That last shot is why I wanted Gwendolen Christie to play Captain Marvel. So Thor had to look up.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tony back on earth and go to a space mission with everyone?

Yep, there is no way this trailer is just about the first 20 minutes

Min

Oct 25, 2017
Take away from trailer: So they took the concept of the red coat in Schindler's List to play up dramatic sadness?

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
We all know dusted people live, I know realistically Tony doesn't die in space. But in movie, I didn't know. That shot says "yeh forget about that, they're fine." Especially since first trailer and half of this one was "things dont look good for Tony!"
Gotcha. But if that kind of thing, meaning the confirmation of something you already intuitively know to be 99% likely, takes you out of the movie experience, then it would make sense to never watch any trailer because that's pretty much the least egregious kind of thing they could have in a trailer, no?

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus at the poster credits. between the cast and the FX this has to have a budget of like $300M, right?

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
I trust the Russos, but I hope to God Carol isn't a match for Thanos, even without the gauntlet. I think there's enough room power-wise for her to be the most powerful hero but still no match for Thanos. Imagine how awesome it would be for her to wail on him with her beams... and he just gets up again!

Mind you, my one similar hope for Infinity War was to see Hulk get beaten up by Thanos at the beginning, and that's exactly what we got. I hope lightning can strike twice in this case.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Carol is so cocky and confident and aggressive. I love it. The new MCU queen. I want her in every movie.

Is this what being in love feels like