• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you seeing this again for the movie or extras?

• Movie

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • Extras

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
OP
OP
ManaByte

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Let's play a fun game.

How much will Endgame make with this re-release and will FFH help it as much as Endgame helped Captain Marvel?

For reference, Captain Marvel made $17m-$18m the week before and the week during Endgames release (total) and then $4m the week after.

Captain Marvel was playing at 2,653, 2,435, 2,243 for each respective week mentioned above. If Endgame manages to have above 2,400 theaters after this re-release (which it currently stands at 985 theaters) along with a good FFH boost then I can see it topping AVATAR but if it doesn't go anywhere near 2000 theaters by the time FFH releases then I don't see it topping AVATAR.

With that said, how much money do you think it will make total after it's re-release?

Disney is freeing up 1667 screens this weekend. So add those 985 to that.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
n=1 here but Endgame might be the most rewatchable superhero movie ever for me. Winter Soldier was that for me before, but Endgame is just paced so well. It's weird to see people talking about how Endgame is a generic blockbuster that doesn't deserve the top spot while also saying that the first two hours are boring and the only rewatchable part is the final fight?

Watching the Avengers deal with their loss, see how they're spending their lives after the snap, watching them come back together, make a plan, execute that plan and get the stones back is riveting to me and full of great character moments, funny jokes and some really memorable scenes.

I get the people rallying for Avatar. It was an original property at the number one spot, which is incredibly impressive, but Endgame did something unique too. Having 22 movies build to one conclusion is something we haven't seen before. The fact that they pulled off this "series/season finale" as well as they did is remarkable. Watch some of the opening night reactions on Youtube, look at how much fun the audience is having, then try to say that the movie isn't significant.

In a perfect world, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Shawshank Redemption and Godfather would be the highest grossing movies ever. Well-told character stories. But that's not the world we live in. Blockbusters are easier for the general public to watch, but what's so cool about the MCU is the fact that these movies do have great character moments. They're more than just really strong people punching and shooting each other, the story of Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes, Thor and Loki, Natasha and the Red Room, it's all really interesting stuff.

If Avatar 2 ends up being a colossal success and is fighting Endgame for the number one spot, maybe I'll be in the same position others are in now, where I'm fighting for Avengers to keep its spot. Truthfully though, I don't know if Avatar 2 will be as big as we think. Avatar was so hyped up because of the visuals and 3D. 3D is essentially irrelevant now and we're used to big CGI worlds. Avatar's story was sufficient but ultimately not very memorable, and outside of this forum, people seem to have soured towards Avatar in the past decade.

Watching and trying to predict the Box Office is a lot of fun, but remember, how much money a movie makes isn't correlated with how good that movie is. That is entirely up to how much you enjoy it. If Avatar is your favorite movie, nothing will take that away from you.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Endgame was good imo, probably top 3 for me in MCU but I can't see myself sitting through 3hrs more than I already did. I saw it 3 times in Dolby and thanks to A-List for that but if I were to ever watch it again it be like 1-2 more times max at home with other groups of people.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I told you all

Mod Edit: Removed Problematic Link
in-avengers-endgame-2019-dr-strange-holds-up-one-finger-and-55716458.png

Last edited by a moderator:

less

Oct 25, 2017
3D is essentially irrelevant now and we're used to big CGI worlds.

No problem. Cameron has HFR in store for us and that will be bigger than 3D ever could be. Also, we aren't used to cgi as beautiful as Avatar is on the whole. Majority of movies don't even come close to it. Avatar 2 is still going to be a god damn visual delight.

Heroicpiglet

Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
Let's play a fun game.

How much will Endgame make with this re-release and will FFH help it as much as Endgame helped Captain Marvel?

For reference, Captain Marvel made $17m-$18m the week before and the week during Endgames release (total) and then $4m the week after.

Captain Marvel was playing at 2,653, 2,435, 2,243 for each respective week mentioned above. If Endgame manages to have above 2,400 theaters after this re-release (which it currently stands at 985 theaters) along with a good FFH boost then I can see it topping AVATAR but if it doesn't go anywhere near 2000 theaters by the time FFH releases then I don't see it topping AVATAR.

With that said, how much money do you think it will make total after it's re-release?
My guess would be 5M domestic for the single weekend of re-release.
That would bring the (projected) total to 2.765
As for international: Brazil (official news) and Spain (my friend living in Spain confirmed) will get re-release. I have no idea how many they will make.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Endgame was good imo, probably top 3 for me in MCU but I can't see myself sitting through 3hrs more than I already did. I saw it 3 times in Dolby and thanks to A-List for that but if I were to ever watch it again it be like 1-2 more times max at home with other groups of people.

I loved it and feel like I can watch it a ton more times once it comes out in 4k blueray.

I can understand if its not like that for some people tho, especially with the run time.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a lot of work to keep on top of this stuff, these alt-right rags slip in the cracks like this on Google News often.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tony building the iron gauntlet to hold the stones was bullshit. Just like him solving time travel overnight.

That AI he has that basically solves everything for him is on another level that's for sure. I think it would have been earned if it was perhaps hinted at that he was working or testing time travel related stuff in other films throughout the infinity saga. That would have been ok with me but as you said, overnight felt unearned. I still liked the movie though.

The iron gauntlet, well I don't know enough to comment about that.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I just try not to overthink it. I go with "Tony is a super genius who knows everything about everything.".

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Wait

Why didn't the Avengers time travel back to Thanos's planet before he destroyed the stones?

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Tony building the iron gauntlet to hold the stones was bullshit. Just like him solving time travel overnight.
Tony's gauntlet clearly couldn't contain the power of the stones even in the same way Eitri's could. It was frying Hulk's arm just from wearing it, while the same didn't happen when Thanos had them all in Infinity War.

The time travel solution came quick but I guess to be fair he wasn't "solving time travel" because they already knew it was possible and Hank Pym did the heavy lifting for creating the Quantum Tunnel. Even Hulk was able to utilize time travel without really knowing what he was doing. Tony was just figuring out how to make a "time GPS", essentially, to solve the problem of "pushing Lang through time instead of pushing time through Lang".

Heroicpiglet

Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
c'mon guys Tony clearly has on/off time travel research in the last 5 years. Just pay attention to his talk with Pepper and his time travel solving machine.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Went to see it on Father's Day and the theatre experienced two power outages. Got my money back.

The good news is my Dad and Brother can see it with extra footage. New footage is cool, I guess.

I guess that's at least some consolation for needing to see a 3 hour movie 2.5 times in the end haha

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Went to see it on Father's Day and the theatre experienced two power outages. Got my money back.

The good news is my Dad and Brother can see it with extra footage. New footage is cool, I guess.

I guess that's at least some consolation for needing to see a 3 hour movie 2.5 times in the end haha
This would mean something to me if it were IN the movie and not an after credit bonus Blu-Ray scene along with a Stan Lee tribute. It's just a cash grab honestly and a lazy way to try to top AVATAR. People who have already seen this (I myself saw it 3 times in Dolby) will be seeing the same movie again.

If it tops AVATAR, great but I feel like there are people who are being mislead into thinking that this will have additional footage in the movie.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
This would mean something to me if it were IN the movie and not an after credit bonus Blu-Ray scene along with a Stan Lee tribute. It's just a cash grab honestly and a lazy way to try to top AVATAR. People who have already seen this (I myself saw it 3 times in Dolby) will be seeing the same movie again.

If it tops AVATAR, great but I feel like there are people who are being mislead into thinking that this will have additional footage in the movie.
Well, there is the CRAZY idea that people still haven't seen the movie yet and having a little extra incentive could help, especially since some will want to see it for the first time (or as a refresher) before seeing Far From Home.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
talking about how Endgame is a generic blockbuster that doesn't deserve the top spot while also saying that the first two hours are boring and the only rewatchable part is the final fight?

So it ain't just me, then?

Avatar reissue was just padding stats. Endgame reissue is trying to meet them.

That distinction wouldn't even be necessary if the former hadn't stat padded in the first place, so it's a weird point to harp on.

It's weird to me that anyone could look at either Avatar or Endgame and cry foul at their respective rereleases. Neither is guilty or innocent of anything, except trying to make more money, of course.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

I don't really disagree.

I'm not jazzed about sitting through it yet again for whatever we are getting if I'm being honest, it's just too long for my liking, but it's for Father's Day and new footage is at least a small carrot for me to anticipate. My Dad was never going to experience the "new" stuff any other way since he'll never watch it again after finishing it, whenever we go, so I'm happy he gets to see it instead of not.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
So it ain't just me, then?

That distinction wouldn't even be necessary if the former hadn't stat padded in the first place, so it's a weird point to harp on.

It's weird to me that anyone could look at either Avatar or Endgame and cry foul at their respective rereleases. Neither is guilty or innocent of anything, except trying to make more money, of course.
Ain't crying foul on anything. Just pointing it out is all.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yeah this is aimed to give a little push to those that haven't seen it yet due to various reasons, and to those that has seen it once (or twice) and didn't have an excuse to go a third (I'd say motivation, but is way more an excuse than anything)

I'll probably go though. I'll have a new cinema open with newer screens and Dolby Atmos (Finally in my country!), so I have more than enough to go.