• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
that spiderman ride looks kind of lame, cant believe of all the routes to take a spidey ride, we got this. dont know what looks more disappointing so far, this or the mario kart ride.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
it looks neat and I'm excited to go in 2 weeks

still can't shake the feeling Marvel deserves so much more though... a land that matches the scope and innovation of Galaxy's Edge

also 0 word on the e ticket avengers ride

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
it looks neat and I'm excited to go in 2 weeks

still can't shake the feeling Marvel deserves so much more though... a land similar that matches the scope and innovation of Galaxy's Edge

also 0 word on the e ticket avengers ride
Honestly this feels half assed. I know they have zero space in CA, and it isn't allowed in WDW in Florida. But it needed the Florida space. They are opening this land with 1 ride for crying out loud

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man ride looks dull. That Avengers ride can't come soon enough, but it'll be years unfortunately.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
You really need 2 rides to make this work. Galaxy edge has 2 great rides.

a web shooter ride? Meh. We are still going on a year tho, but it's a bit disappointing

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I at least appreciate the amount of character interactions the place seems to have. Seems there is a lot of heroes running around and small stunt shows to watch. Seems they learned their lesson after Galaxy's Edge came out and everyone complained it was so sterile.

They really needed a stronger ride to anchor this entire thing with though. The fact they are acting like that ride is Mission Breakout is increibly silly.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

a web shooter ride? Meh. We are still going on a year tho, but it's a bit disappointing
I think the big issue is that tower of terror was already there forever, so making it guardians themed THEN making that retroactively part of avengers land falls flat in a park where most of your guests have been on it already.

In a vacuum, Mission Breakout is better than anything in Galaxy's Edge, but in reality I've ridden a version of it for 17 years already.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
So stoked I get to go on the 21st. I'm bringing my friend who is visiting from New York who has never been to Disneyland ever, which makes me probably more excited than her to show her all this shit.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I'm lucky I still haven't been on Rise yet so I'll still have a big new attraction to look forward to when I visit DL again

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017

galaxy opened with one mediocre ride too, cant believe theyre pulling the same shit though.

i will say at least GE is themed so well top to bottom, this campus is like some sci fi buildings slapped together, its just not enough right now. from everything we kind of heard about the big wakanda ride though, it should be out-Rise rise of the Resistance as a full on experience, but I'm in no rush to visit this anytime soon.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
$100 Pym Panini just looks like a bunch of individual paninis if it comes out precut like this

im-346696

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
ceremony starts in 5 minutes

seems like videos of the new land are popping up too as well as ride footage for Spidey

when the ride queue is more immersive then the ride itself.. also.. no music?

what ride did this replace? Monsters inc?

edit: I really dislike this trend of 3D/screen based rides. Last time I went, rise of the resistance was not open yet, but I rode the millennium falcon ride. It was a disappointment. I feel like the most recent original ride (not reskinned) that hit the sweet spot of immersion/light thrill was the cars land ride, which felt like a gazillion years ago.

Last edited:

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That pov can't be right, the total lack of music feels like a bug or something

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
I gotta say... this looks bad. "Photo Op Land" at best IMO.

EDIT: 3D on the spider man ride? Common man! You're opening this in a pandemic and you have to wear those fucking 3d glasses.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
when the ride queue is more immersive then the ride itself.. also.. no music?

what ride did this replace? Monsters inc?
apparently the music may have just not been working during previews (unconfirmed)

the ride replaces It's Tough to be a Bug (which was barely running in its last few years anyways since half the time it was playing a preview for some upcoming Disney movie)

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Disneyland > Walt Disney World, and I say this as someone living east of the Mississippi River and a die-hard Epcot fanboy.

As someone who used to live near Disneyland and went a few times a month, to someone who lives near Disney World and goes a few times a week, Disney World is by far the better park to live near.

Cheaper passes, easier parking, more rotating events, exponentially more dining options, and more options to keep things fresh makes it a dream come true to live near for a park enthusiast.

But I do agree that Disneyland and California Adventure combined are better parks than all four Disney World parks combined, but that's only because it's so impressive that they crammed so much magic into the two west coast parks.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
edit: I really dislike this trend of 3D/screen based rides. Last time I went, rise of the resistance was not open yet, but I rode the millennium falcon ride. It was a disappointment. I feel like the most recent original ride (not reskinned) that hit the sweet spot of immersion/light thrill was the cars land ride, which felt like a gazillion years ago.
don't go to universal studios hollywood, i swear its like 75% screen motion sims, Transformers, King Kong, Fast and Furious, Simpsons, Forbidden Journey(though the mix of real sets is well done), and Minions are all screen based motion sims, it's getting kind of lazy.

i dont think ROTR is as amazing as everyone says it is, but i do appreciate how well the attraction is physically built

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
don't go to universal studios hollywood, i swear its like 75% screen motion sims, Transformers, King Kong, Fast and Furious, Simpsons, Forbidden Journey(though the mix of real sets is well done), and Minions are all screen based motion sims, it's getting kind of lazy.

i dont think ROTR is as amazing as everyone says it is, but i do appreciate how well the attraction is physically built

I went once, years ago, for HP world and you are completely right. Simpson's especially made me really ill. as a big Nintendo fan seeing the mk ride be so reliant on screen sections was really disappointing too.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Bleh. The Marvel land at Universal puts this to shame.

And to think that there are still people begging for Universal to give up their Marvel theme park rights to Disney lol

None of these Disney x Marvel ride have surpassed The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man...a ride from over two decades ago. What a joke.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
The Spider-Man ride looks better than I expected, honestly. But with the whole MCU at their disposal they really couldn't come up with a villain better than Spider-Bots?

The land looks cool at least, and I like all the characters hanging around.

I wonder if the Universal deal prevents them from putting the Pym restaurant in Disney Springs? It's the only thing there I'm truly excited over, and they've had Marvel stuff outside the theme parks before…

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
This really all looks pretty lame, they needed to wait till they had better ride or two. Also it's pretty small

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That ride looks horrible.. lack of music or something else feels odd.
None of these Disney x Marvel ride have surpassed The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man...a ride from over two decades ago. What a joke.
Still love that ride so much. It's my wife and me favorite ride ever still. First thing we always hit when we go to Universal Studios

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That ride looks horrible.. lack of music or something else feels odd.

I feel like there's got to be stuff missing there, either some of the music wasn't running at the time the video was taken or it was removed from the video. (Maybe copyright?) But there are parts of the video where I feel like Spider-man is clearly talking and we aren't hearing it, so I feel like the real ride is going to be more complete in person.

I'm not mad at the ride. Looks like a cross between Toy Story Mania and Star Tours, which is very much a chocolate/peanut butter situation for me personally.

(I also got a kick out of the fact that one of the Engineers in the WEB Engineer spotlight was Doreen Green - Squirrel Girl.)

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Someone's got to explain the Marvel/Universal deal to me because Disney can use some Marvel stuff in their WDW parks since they're building a Guardians of the Galaxy coaster in Epcot

Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Someone's got to explain the Marvel/Universal deal to me because Disney can use some Marvel stuff in their WDW parks since they're building a Guardians of the Galaxy coaster in Epcot
Basically, any IP that is present in Universal can't be used at Disney World. Guardians isn't featured at Islands of Adventure in any way so they're fair game, which is the case for Doctor Strange as well.