• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
AVENGED SEVENFOLD frontman M. Shadows is getting his very own playable character in the "Call Of Duty: Black Ops" franchise.

The singer is featured in a new trailer for "Call of Duty: Black Ops 4"'s next content drop called "Operation Apocalypse Z", which was released on Monday via Activision and Treyarch.

During a Treyarch livestream, M. Shadows said that getting his own character in the franchise was a "career highlight."

In the newly released trailer, M. Shadows is seen at the 2:34 point when he and other Zombies survivors look out a window at an incoming horde.

"'Operation Apocalypse Z' unleashes the hordes of undead in all game modes," an announcement said. "Fans will find exciting new ways to play, including Multiplayer maps and modes that channel the Zombies legacy, a new Zombies experience, eerie changes throughout the Blackout map, and more new weapons for players to unlock and master."

"Operation Apocalypse Z" will be made avaialble first for the PlayStation 4 on July 9 and will come to other platforms later.

Last September, AVENGED SEVENFOLD released a new song called "Mad Hatter". The track was recorded for the "Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4" video game and was included on AVENGED SEVENFOLD's "Black Reign" EP. The effort contains all four songs the band has written and recorded for the "Call Of Duty: Black Ops" franchise.

"Mad Hatter" was the first original material AVENGED SEVENFOLD has released since 2017's "Dose", which originally surfaced in the Gameloft mobile game "Dungeon Hunter 5". It later appeared on the "deluxe edition" 2017 reissue of the group's 2016 studio album "The Stage".

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Updated the thread title because, despite the article saying 'in new Call of Duty game', this is actually about BO4.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
While not playable yet, people noticed if you go to the ingame store and go to the Modern Warfare section it says if you pre-order MW (2019) that you get Price to use in Blackout.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. Imo City of Evil is one of the best metal records ever made. Too bad Rev died. He clearly was the heart and soul when it comes to songwriting for A7X.

Yeah unfortunately when I saw them live he had already passed away. On the plus side I got to see Mike portnoy drum for them so that was pretty awesome.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
M. Shadows is a cool dude, seems neat he is featured given they did a song for one of the COD intros not too long ago. Not a COD player but I like Avenged Sevenfold enough.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this would've made more sense when CoD4 was first released.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weren't these guys a thing, like, 15 years ago? I haven't heard their name in years.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
lmao...sure I guess...

Man I'm still bummed that they were the "main" openers for Metallica when I saw them last year while Volbeat was the opener's opener...bleh

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this would've made more sense when CoD4 was first released.
thats kinda when the connection started,
Treyarch was working on Zombies for World at War(2008) and liked the music style for zombies.
Then Black Ops 1 had an Avenged Sevenfold song for zombies,
Black Ops 2 had multiple, including the credits easter egg.
Black Ops 3 did
Black Ops 4 once again, now with Blackout and such they are playing off older stuff when they get the chance,
The Replacer- Black Ops 2 commercial
Danny Trejo - Black Ops 1
M Shadows - Music in all, appeared Black Ops 2
Ajax's "there's a soldier in all of us" cook costume - Black Ops 1 commercial

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Yes. I still like Avenged Sevenfold, especially since their last record was a lot proggier compared to previous albums. Mike Portnoy taught them well.

And to those who wonder about Matt being in the game, there you go: