• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which avatar shall I wear for the next 6 months? [See Threadmark]

• Schlorgan

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Contract Holder

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • sph3re

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Zanmato

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Pop-O-Matic

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Sulik2

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Fiction

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Oh fuck, I've been inactive lately so I didn't see the thread. Alright, PhoncipleBone, I'll take my avatar. Preferably something Terminator 1 related but I know I'm in no position to negotiate lol.
Ask, and it is given.

YY0UWgy.jpg

Entries for Avatar
OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Here is my humble contribution for PhoncipleBone's new avatar:
bL7M3uz.png
I don't see a lot of people posting avatars for Pbone, so I'm going to submit one:

1061660-prv4084_pg4.jpg

I want you to wear Mysterio for a bit. Wear it with pride for having to put up with this nonsense.

And don't you tell me to give you something else. The rent is due. This is my payment back.
If somebody could shrink this down to avatar size, this will be my submission:

D_9s7caVAAABWf9.jpg

(inspired by El Bombastico)
So, the aforementioned friend did this as a rough draft.

zhemrHl.png

He says he can do better, but it gives you an idea on what I'm aiming for.
OK, one last pass at this. Decided to Papyrus it up like the rest of y'all.
Z7SmVWx.png

And what it looks like when shrunken down:
ZXJWwOT.png
This isnt my final entry, but Cuburger submitted this hilarity to me as a potential entry. Apologies to Scott Bakula, but this is the new front runner.

xdA6RND.png
I adore the avatar you made Phon, I might just wear it awhile once I'm not on mobile :p

I want to submit this avatar for Phon to wear:
Fiction2.png

Alright, these are the 7 entries that got in on time. Pop-O-Matic , I will lump all yours in as one entry or if you want it whittled down just a single one just let me know and post in here.

Poll is up for all of Era to vote over the next three days.

Last edited:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The worldwide total of Avatar includes the $33ish million from the special edition release in 2010.

Well yeah.

But let's be honest here, Avatar didn't need a re-release to become the biggest movie in the world, and only by a handful of millions for that matter.

I wouldn't call it a hollow victory, but it's very much a lame win. Ten years later and this is what the biggest entertainment brand in the world can muster in the most ambitious crossover of all-time with hype values at the maximum possible zenith?

tenor.gif

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Well yeah.

But let's be honest here, Avatar didn't need a re-release to become the biggest movie in the world, and only by a handful of millions for that matter.

I wouldn't call it a hollow victory, but it's very much a lame win. Ten years later and this is what the biggest entertainment brand in the world can muster in the most ambitious crossover of all-time with hype values at the maximum possible zenith?

tenor.gif
Hey, winning is winning. But this might be the smallest margin ever for a film to become the new #1.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
You guys are straight up assuming another movie can beat Avatar the same way Avatar beat Titanic.

We're in diminishing returns territory. Until every territory expands their theater count massively, don't expect any movie to ever blow past Avatar by nearly 800m.

Plus, expanding theater counts globally might not be the most pressing issue going forward with global warming becoming more and more of a crisis within the coming decades.

This may literally be the best the box office will ever do.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Well yeah.

tenor.gif

Speed Racer sucks

YOU EARNED THIS ONE JETT

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
You guys are straight up assuming another movie can beat Avatar the same way Avatar beat Titanic.

We're in diminishing returns territory. Until every territory expands their theater count massively, don't expect any movie to ever blow past Avatar by nearly 800m.

Plus, expanding theater counts globally might not be the most pressing issue going forward with global warming becoming more and more of a crisis within the coming decades.

We might be at the threshold for opening weekend without expanding theaters, but a film can play for months and months to climb the full total gross.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
We might be at the threshold for opening weekend without expanding theaters, but a film can play for months and months to climb the full total gross.
Sure, but I wouldn't expect that record to be completely shattered like it was previously. I could possibly see 100-200m over the record, but 800m? I feel like you'd need to do a billi in China alone for that, which may be possible, but seems unlikely. I wonder which will hit a billi first, domestic or China.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, these are the 7 entries that got in on time. Pop-O-Matic , I will lump all yours in as one entry or if you want it whittled down just a single one just let me know and post in here.

Poll is up for all of Era to vote over the next three days.

You missed my final revision:

OK, one last pass at this. Decided to Papyrus it up like the rest of y'all.
Z7SmVWx.png

And what it looks like when shrunken down:
ZXJWwOT.png

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast

thats what they said about titanic

wait ill jim makes another

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great that this is finally over.

Hope no one made an avatar bet on Lion King.

Now that would've been stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.