• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How Excited are you for the Return of the Avatar Cinematic Universe

• 5 - Very, tickets pre-ordered

Votes: 136 14.6%
  • 4 - Looks very promissing I am in

Votes: 285 30.5%
  • 3 - I might check it out...

Votes: 166 17.8%
  • 2 - Not really feeling it, but maybe more information will turn the tables

Votes: 132 14.1%
  • 1 - I'm out.

Votes: 57 6.1%
  • 0 - Pocahontas 2: The Dark Unobtainium

Votes: 158 16.9%

• Total voters

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
Looking forward to it, I was really impressed by the visuals of the trailer when I saw it in a theater last weekend.

While I don't have much nostalgia for Avatar, I have a feeling that this movie is going to be especially big for the audience that was a kid or teenager during the release of the original Avatar film almost 13 years ago.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
tfw you don't even have any kind of imax nearby

05c05b7b-379d-46de-89e3-7e42f1e04831_text.gif
Amen. Xplus is all I have.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Don't feel anything at all for it tbh. Guessing this level of CGI is just not as impressive as it was for the first one way back then.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Lang ain't gonna be no shaved tail louie this go round either!

Anyway folks saying this looks uninteresting story wise, what sort of plot are we supposed to glean from a teaser trailer? You don't show your narrative cards for a teaser trailer brehs

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i just now learned this movie is releasing this year, holy shit. i thought summer 2023 or something

so this is finally happening huh. imo looks incredible, score sounds incredible

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I think this is my favourite shot. The expressiveness of the face is just so convincing as making the Na'vi resemble tactile living things

Po78hqV.png

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Once the marketing of this gets ramped up, it's going to be everywhere. I have zero doubt that this thing wont be as huge as the first one.

Ever since streaming services debuted and the pandemic struck, we just haven't had "blockbusters" the way they used to be. This one, I fully expect to kick it back , I really hope so. I never was a big fan of the first movie, but I love the spectacle of it all and cinema needs it.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed that Kate Winslet's character's hand is essentially a fin. Na'vi from diverse parts of Pandora apparently evolved in different ways.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously it looks good on a technical level and the music is good but... eh...

While I understand it's just one teaser, it's pretty easy to assume the general plot. Humans will attack again, Na'vi will fight back, Humans will get the advantage in someway, Na'vi convince the humans using the Na'vi shells to join them, Na'vi win the final fight, humans leave for awhile.

Add some stuff about family and I'm pretty sure that's the movie.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
but people here said there was no noticeable difference in visuals. the difference in the military bases alone is damning without even getting into the Na'vi.
I really don't think there's much of a noticeable difference for most people. Sure, if you put them next to each other and make direct comparisons it is noticeable but how many people actually do that? Tech nerds will notice but average Joe will just go to the movie and not pay attention to pores, and detailed fish and mountains in the distance. To the average person it looks very samey.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Black Panther 2 is also going to have extended underwater sequences. It's over for both of them. đź’€

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
I like that the focus isn't on dumbass Jake but his kids… ya that works for me.

Also, theyll totally bring back Quatrich by the power of Eywa lmao.

Layth

Oct 27, 2017
I'm choosing not to watch any trailers and will try to watch The Way of Water as fresh as possible in theatres. Glad the marketing is now starting, it's exciting to see these Avatar sequels finally come to fruition. I'm ready Jim!

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
I am gonna make a thread and bet in the summer if ABADAR 2:WATER IS WET gonna pass the gross of No Way Home,its gonna be fun.