• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yamajian

Oct 30, 2017
Will it be in 3d? I remember when Avatar came it, watching it in 3D was just an amazing experience. Watching it after that in 2D wasn't the same.

Do they still even make 3D movies? I haven't seen one in years.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Box office threads on this site are already so damn contentious, whichever way this falls out is going to be as entertaining as the movie itself for me. The avatar bets, the call outs, the "just my opinion" drive-by's, the personal attacksā€¦it's about to go down.
Idk about that, the Box Office threads are usually chill

The nutcases are usually contained in isolated threads such as this

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Will it be in 3d? I remember when Avatar came it, watching it in 3D was just an amazing experience. Watching it after that in 2D wasn't the same.

Do they still even make 3D movies? I haven't seen one in years.
Doc Strange is in 3D. I imagine it's because of the Avatar trailer.

kingslunk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What was the point of showing the skull?

Also, the character models passed inspection in 2008.

There are still humans but I don't think they are doing the body control stuff. Jake is a Navi permanently.

I just googled the clannad photo of the big eye character and the skull was attached. You're looking too far into it.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but they didn't explain the physics so, pass.

Sorry, I would enjoy a movie that went into that but stillā€¦
I for one needed to know why Henry Cavill reloaded his fists

Rid4mtl.gif

Oct 29, 2017
I gotta admit it's funny seeing everyone go "Well if you don't like it why are you spending so much time on it"

Where are y'all for virtually every Marvel or Star Wars thread lol. This can't be y'all's first time

Since discussing popular media is often a vehicle to reveal details about ourselves, I imagine that once there are people going over an argument they already had a decent amount of this has to be someone more interested in borrowing a topic with a language most talk as a base to paint a picture about who they are; or if you will, "hear themselves talk".

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Trailer leaked, dont know if its okay to post the link

kingslunk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But still, you're comparing a live action still shot to an anime show...? Why?

Was it to say that the cgi in Avatar is poor? (which would be an outrageous claim btw).

No I'm saying the character's eyes are way too big and way to far apart. they look ridiculous. That has nothing to do with the quality of the CGI and everything to do with the design of the character.

TheMerv

Jan 1, 2022
Avatar 2 should be appointment viewing for anyone remotely interested in movies. Even if you didn't like the first one, how are you gonna pass up the chance on getting in on the conversation. The discourse around this one is gonna be scorching hot regardless of how it pans out
I'm not sure how this works? Being interested in movies shouldn't inherently translate into the discourse. As evidenced by this thread the discourse is exhausting. I just want to watch a movie. Don't even know if I'd want to watch Avatar 2.

Not knowing is why I even opened the thread. I thought Avatar was fine at best but the long winded development time adds at least the illusion of mystique. It's a lot easier to look at some screenshots or 3min. trailer versus a long movie either at a disease filled theater or a streaming service I may or may not currently subscribe to.

A lot of people making weird arguments in both directions. This thread isn't really about these screenshots anymore. Movies aren't movies. Movies are discourse. Increasingly I'm becoming exhausted by a film before it's ever even out.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
is that a cover of orinoco flow in the trailer? It's so hard to tell with the quality but it sounds very familiar

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Here in the UK cinemas have a bad habit of leaving the lights still on during the previews, so no matter how good this trailer is it's not gonna look good with a glare over it. Just release it online in 4k for Christs sake.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
watching a potato cam version of the Avatar 2 trailer on my phone

now it's for real

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I'm not sure how this works? Being interested in movies shouldn't inherently translate into the discourse. As evidenced by this thread the discourse is exhausting. I just want to watch a movie. Don't even know if I'd want to watch Avatar 2.

Not knowing is why I even opened the thread. I thought Avatar was fine at best but the long winded development time adds at least the illusion of mystique. It's a lot easier to look at some screenshots or 3min. trailer versus a long movie either at a disease filled theater or a streaming service I may or may not currently subscribe to.

A lot of people making weird arguments in both directions. This thread isn't really about these screenshots anymore. Movies aren't movies. Movies are discourse. Increasingly I'm becoming exhausted by a film before it's ever even out.
Meh, all I'm saying is that if you like movies as an entertainment medium, and you like talking about them, I can't imagine skipping this one.

The discourse inevitably goes sour and you need to figure out how best to engage with it in a healthy way, but yeah. Talking about movies and hearing other people's thoughts on them is just as enjoyable to me as actually watching them. There's gonna be a LOT to talk about with this one. A Must Watch!

Lastdancer

Nov 1, 2017
gorgeous even in potato quality. cameron does not make bad sequels. most hyped release of the rest of the year for sure.

wonder when we will see more of the Ubisoft game.

I know right? Time to watch the first one again... in 3D

Also I didn't know there was another game coming I hope its better than the first one.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Breathtaking visuals, Cameron level action, exploration full of wonder, heart, and above all else...FAMILY. Time to get onboard the $3 billion box office train.

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
Do people remember the Pandora Syndrome where people were depressed that they couldn't live as blue people on Pandora?

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Do people remember the Pandora Syndrome where people were depressed that they couldn't live as blue people on Pandora?

Distinctly and it kinda makes the whole "Avatar had zero cultural impact" stuff sound even more ridiculous. Cameron and his team created a world people wanted to be transported to and got sad when they realized they couldn't.

What's funny is I'm not even a big Avatar fan. I thought it was quite beautiful and striking in theaters at the time but it isn't particularly a movie I go back to at all and it would hardly rank on my all-time list.

But some of the shit people say about it is just open nonsense and the memes just get so tiresome. Ferngully in Space. That one is so decrepit it dates back to pre-release 2009. Okay, great. It's Ferngully in Space. Many of the greatest stories ever told are just slight variations on The Hero With A Thousand Faces. If your sole barometer for a story being worth shit is sheer originality then you're dismissing a lot of classics. You're arguably even dismissing Shakespeare, who was famous for outright stealing his entire plots from other stories (and no this isn't a "Avatar is Shakespeare" comment).

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Images are gone. Anyone have any reuploads?

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Damn.

Cameron got them images snapped up right on quick. šŸ¤£