• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Title could do with tweaking to clarify this is the Avalanche owned by Warner, not the Avalanche of Just Cause/Mad Max/Rage 2 fame.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
That leaked HP game looked really, really good. I'm itching to see more.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
disney infinity, but wb things only

Harry Potter and Police Academy crossover

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
HP before Batman? What kind of parallel dimension are we living in lol? I would be lying if i said I wasn't looking forward to it. It's about time we had a proper "Harry Potter" Hogwarts game. The leaked video looked great. It did have a next-gen "feel" to it.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I forget, but wasn't this a next-gen only game? Presumably it'll be at a reveal event then.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Sony probably has this reveal locked down with a marketing deal. Just feels like a marketing deal Sony would bid high for.

About time for a big effort at a Harry Potter videogame. The Fantastic Beasts franchise is in decline, so WB needs other ways to keep the franchise relevant.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Lol me thinking of a new mad max game but is a different company.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
WB may be about to open the floodgates

Harry Potter, Montreal's Batman, Rocksteady's game, Turtle Rock's Back 4 Blood... Plus Netherrealm has been cranking out games every two years like clockwork and it's been about 2.5 years since Monolith's Shadow of War.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019

Harry Potter, Montreal's Batman, Rocksteady's game, Turtle Rock's Back 4 Blood... Plus Netherrealm has been cranking out games every two years like clockwork and it's been about 2.5 years since Monolith's Shadow of War.

And Hitman 3 plus Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga. Also a Superman game.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Finally a new
main-qimg-637c7bd6770264020238fecb9219cb84

game!

est1992

Oct 27, 2017

"Avalanche Software, a WB Games studio, seeks a Lighting Technical Artist to work closely with a talented group of artists and engineers on an exciting, soon to be announced AAA title."

According to sources and Jason Schreier, Avalanche's new game is Harry Potter. Guess this means Batman won't be announced soon.
HP before Batman? What kind of parallel dimension are we living in lol? I would be lying if i said I wasn't looking forward to it. It's about time we had a proper "Harry Potter" Hogwarts game. The leaked video looked great. It did have a next-gen "feel" to it.

Y'all jumping to conclusions. Relax.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019

NRS has taken a much slower development path with MK11 and the higher ups at WB have already talked about extending mk11s lifespan for a longer amount of time than other games. I expect a Kombat pack 2 w missing characters from classic series. And their next game comes out in 2023. Just my guess

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
I don't even care if it's good, I just want a Harry Potter game that lets me live out a school year at hogwarts getting up to no good, and attending classes and stuff. God the universe is so perfect for games it's a shame all we get is mobile turds.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
NRS has taken a much slower development path with MK11 and the higher ups at WB have already talked about extending mk11s lifespan for a longer amount of time than other games. I expect a Kombat pack 2 w missing characters from classic series. And their next game comes out in 2023. Just my guess
That would be nice. Supposedly they do awful crunch relatively frequently at that studio.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Harry Potter is a giant breakaway from Avalanche's typical formula. I enjoyed JC 3, 4/Mad Max/RAGE 2 but damn if these games weren't very similar to each other, basically Ubi clones with great looking fire and explosions.
That's Avalanche Studios.

This is Avalanche Software.