• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
So if you will recall, Valve was trying to make an offical version of Auto Chess before being turn down and forced along the Underlords route, and as it turns out this is the reason why.

Auto Chess is the Most Engaging Mobile Game of 2019!

Innovative gameplay
This is an innovative gameplay created by Drodo. By collecting/changing Hero cards, and arranging different formations, 8 chess gamers will be contending for the first prize in the following tens of minutes. Millions of players are challenging each other every day, and, it has become one of the most popular leisure gameplays nowadays.

Fair Play
Make a real fair-play game! The World e-Sports Games are created by Dragonest Co.Ltd., Drodo, and lmbaTV. Million Prize Pool awaiting!

Strategy Rules the World
Players will randomly get their Heroes in the Sharing Cardpool, and form special formations according to their unique strategies. Evolution, combination, jockey for position etc. enable you to practice your strategies to the greatest extent. Who will be adaptable to the changing tide and survive till the end?

Global Server
No matter where you come from, welcome to our world and challenge players from all over the world!
Created by Dragonest Game

Gray clouds

Nov 7, 2017
I hate their artstyle but I'm all for more Auto Chess. I've been playing a bit on my phone, but I'll probably stick with Dota AC

Hoping it'll inspire more devs to make their own spin on it.

A great game to play during podcasts or doing other crap on another monitor.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
the riot one looks better. I'm shocked how fast riot cloned this, they are generally slow AF.

Gray clouds

Nov 7, 2017
So how does this work? All new characters?

I imagine it's just a port of their phone version. It's exactly like Dota Auto Chess but they recreated the pieces in their own artstyle and changed some names of characters/races.

Edit: Dota AC and not-Dota AC do have some different hero pieces. They've removed some Dota AC heroes to rework them and added ones not yet in mobile AC.

Last edited:

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not to be confused with Valve's autochess which leaked recently.

also not to be confused with League of Legends autochess which was just shown.

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is it me or all of this:

Innovative gameplay
This is an innovative gameplay created by Drodo. By collecting/changing Hero cards, and arranging different formations, 8 chess gamers will be contending for the first prize in the following tens of minutes. Millions of players are challenging each other every day, and, it has become one of the most popular leisure gameplays nowadays.
Fair Play
Make a real fair-play game! The World e-Sports Games are created by Dragonest Co.Ltd., Drodo, and lmbaTV. Million Prize Pool awaiting!
Strategy Rules the World
Players will randomly get their Heroes in the Sharing Cardpool, and form special formations according to their unique strategies. Evolution, combination, jockey for position etc. enable you to practice your strategies to the greatest extent. Who will be adaptable to the changing tide and survive till the end?
Global Server
No matter where you come from, welcome to our world and challenge players from all over the world!
Created by Dragonest Game

Is really badly written?

Oct 27, 2017
OKC
Played a fair bit of the mobile version and a ton of the dota mod, but for some reason the Riot Games one has gotten me the most excited. I think that one is gonna end up being the most popular for sure. The drodo one is nice but I kinda just hate the art style, and valve seems months away from releasing Underlords.

Crazy that we went from 1 mod to like 5 different versions of this game type from multiple big companies in just a few months.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Played a fair bit of the mobile version and a ton of the dota mod, but for some reason the Riot Games one has gotten me the most excited. I think that one is gonna end up being the most popular for sure. The drodo one is nice but I kinda just hate the art style, and valve seems months away from releasing Underlords.

Crazy that we went from 1 mod to like 5 different versions of this game type from multiple big companies in just a few months.

(removed video)

It is in closed beta right now. I guess it will be announced in the International.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Is it me or all of this:

Is really badly written?

I played a bit of the mod earlier this year.

This is expected, lots of mistranslations with the OG as well.

(removed video)

It is in closed beta right now. I guess it will be announced in the International.

Well a lot of hype for this release just disappeared.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Fascinating watching everyone rushing to get a version out.

I'm curious how much they will differ. Iterations within a genre need a bit more breathing room I would guess.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Potentially secret biggest EGS get of the night, but given that we know both Riot and Valve are working on their own versions, this market's going to get very crowded very quickly. I would expect third parties to jump in sooner rather than later.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
When Autochess spawns a mod and it comes to Battle.net then we've come full circle.

Warcraft 3 -> DotA 2 -> Autochess

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So wait, Epics version is just the mobile version on PC? Artstyle is the same at least.

I just hate that it's so far behind the Steam mod. Wonder what is taking them so long. I'll just hang out in Bishop until they bring it up to date...
For one they have to do it from scratch on a different engine. So yeah it probably takes longer.

ryechu

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned - Lazy Dev Rhetoric
Good. Valve would've ruined it with their laziness.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I never seen anything auto-chess related, I'll do some researching what it's all about. From what I've heard, it's pretty overwhelming.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Valve responding by outright launching their own version and announcing that they plan to launch a mobile version next week does kick the legs out of this announcement. Add in Riot's version, also due next week, and Drodo better get their skates on.